Go to advanced search

by michelf
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:18 am
Forum: Explorer
Topic: Bitcoin Cash explorer API & cashaddr
Replies: 1
Views: 6229

Bitcoin Cash explorer API & cashaddr

The API for the bitcoin cash explorer on Bitcoin.com doesn't seem to support cashaddr. The website with the nice user friendly web pages does, but not the API. For instance, I can get the data for a specific address at this URL: https://cashexplorer.bitcoin.com/api/addr/3Abur17FC2EhjXjMeC2NhZyTdkyR3...
by michelf
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:36 pm
Forum: Wallets
Topic: BCC obtained via August 1 fork — problem with Bitcoin.com wallet import
Replies: 3
Views: 2034

Re: BCC obtained via August 1 fork — problem with Bitcoin.com wallet import

Since you seem to be familiar with Electrum, you might have better luck with Electron Cash. https://www.electroncash.org
by michelf
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:50 pm
Forum: Wallets
Topic: BCC obtained via August 1 fork — problem with Bitcoin.com wallet import
Replies: 3
Views: 2034

Re: BCC obtained via August 1 fork — problem with Bitcoin.com wallet import

BCC and BTC use the same private key for an address. Otherwise no one would be able to extract BCC from an existing address at the moment of the fork. I think the problem is with the app. Can anyone import BCC from a paper wallet with the Bitcoin.com app? Scanning the private key tells me there are ...
by michelf
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:02 pm
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Can we ever have a truly free society?
Replies: 9
Views: 13480

Re: Can we ever have a truly free society?

This is precisely why a civilized society can only be founded on the recognition of private property. Without private property, things like theft, aggression and fraud have no meaning because nothing belongs to anyone and everything belongs to everyone. In a society that recognizes private property...
by michelf
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:20 pm
Forum: Philosophy
Topic: Can we ever have a truly free society?
Replies: 9
Views: 13480

Re: Can we ever have a truly free society?

Regulations put in place by governments are based upon threats of force and coercion. Regulations put in place by individuals are voluntary; if you don't agree with them, don't enter their private property. But that begs the question: what if someone (who did not sign any contract with you) disagre...
by michelf
Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:29 am
Forum: Bitcoin Discussion
Topic: Time to upgrade your Bitcoin to Bitcoin 2.0?
Replies: 19
Views: 21672

Re: Time to upgrade your Bitcoin to Bitcoin 2.0?

I'd tend to just say Bitcoin 2 without the dot zero. But if you want to make it more geeky, use 2.0. It's already called Bitcoin Cash everywhere however, so it's likely that giving it a new name will increase the confusion. Calling it Bitcoin 2 is claiming it to be the successor of the other chain(s...

Go to advanced search