nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

[VIDEO - Roger Ver] - Why Digital Currency = Economic Freedom for the WORLD | Startup Thailand May 2018

Wed May 23, 2018 4:00 am

Why Digital Currency = Economic Freedom for the WORLD | Roger Ver Keynote May 2018
Bitcoin.com - Official Channel
Published on May 22, 2018

I really like how Roger Ver is able to help others understand that Bitcoin is permissionless. A lot of people don't understand that and many others are just outright unaware of it. Permissionless digital payments is a large part (perhaps near entirely) of the intrinsic value of Bitcoin.

Also I really liked Roger's analogy about imagining what the internet would be like today if politicians had gotten together back when the internet was new and passed laws forcing anyone who wanted to build a website to get a license and permission.

One more thing, I really liked how towards the ending of this video Roger made it exceptionally clear that Bitcoin Cash is permissionless by asking the man in the audience to come up to the stage and bring his phone. Roger then sent the man some Bitcoin Cash, which took just a few seconds to scan the QRcode on the mobile app and then send, and then Roger explained that the transaction did NOT go through a bank or a company and that the man did not need to provide his name, tax number or any identity-related documents!

Return to “Media”