Forum rules
Be VERY careful when lending bitcoins. There are scammers around the world who would love to permanently separate you from your bitcoins.
nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

SALT Lending - Cash loans for Bitcoin collateral - NO CREDIT CHECK - EMPLOYMENT NOT REQUIRED - Saltlending.com

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:10 am

SALT Lending - Cash loans for Bitcoin collateral - NO CREDIT CHECK - EMPLOYMENT NOT REQUIRED - Saltlending.com
Nandibear.com
by Nandi Bear
December 11, 2017 - 2:34 am

Excerpt:

At some point in October (2017) I learned of SALT after watching, for the very first time, Bix Weir's RoadtoRoota youtube channel.

Apparently at some point in 2018 members at Saltlending.com will be able to secure cash loans (i.e., USD, GBP, YEN, CHF and RMB) by putting up any of the following coins as collateral:

(1) Bitcoin

(2) Ethereum

(3) Litecoin

(4) Dash

(5) NEM

It appears that loans are based strictly on collateral. There are no credit checks and employment is not a requirement.

Read entire article:

https://nandibear.com/salt-lending-cash ... ending-com

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: SALT Lending - Cash loans for Bitcoin collateral - NO CREDIT CHECK - EMPLOYMENT NOT REQUIRED - Saltlending.com

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:47 am

It's about 10:30 PM here (December 28, 2017) and I logged into my SALT account at saltlending.com and for the first time I saw the new feature Request a Loan and the 42365 active members and $2,380,000 in funded loans.

Also keep in mind that you don't need to keep your SALT within the Salt platform. For example, you may use Exodus:

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: SALT Lending - Cash loans for Bitcoin collateral - NO CREDIT CHECK - EMPLOYMENT NOT REQUIRED - Saltlending.com

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:02 am

Image Got ID? SALT lending now blocks withdraw of SALT coins from their platform if members do not verify their identity - Saltlending.com - 2018
Nandibear.com
by Nandi Bear
January 8, 2018 - 12:01 am

Excerpt:
Got ID? Saltlending.com now blocks withdraw of SALT coin from their platform I like the concept of SALT and Salt lending but when I logged into my account yesterday at Saltlending.com I could no longer withdraw SALT coins from the web wallet.

This change was unexpected. However, I really and truly don't trust web wallets (or a website that you log into) so I didn't have too many SALT coins stored within the Saltending.com platform site...

It's unfortunate that Saltlending.com was not forthright and upfront with their policy to block withdraws of SALT coin.

It was understood from the outset that a similar policy would very likely be applied to receiving loans (e.g., US dollars sent to the customer's bank account in exchange for Bitcoin collateral). However, I don't believe that there was anything written (or any other indication whatsoever) regarding restricted transaction of SALT coins.

Perhaps Saltlending.com had little choice but to block unverified identities from withdrawing SALT coins from their platform web wallet.

We must (or at least we should) consider the tax reform bill (Section 1031) (LIKE-KIND EXCHANGES OF REAL PROPERTY) which was passed by the 115th Congress and signed by President Trump and appears to be effective as of January 1st, 2018:

Image ...

Read entire article:

https://nandibear.com/got-id-salt-lendi ... g-com-2018

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:11 pm

SALT Lending is expanding their jurisdiction in the south - Arkansas and North Carolina added to the list of Mississippi Alabama Georgia and South Carolina
Nandibear.com
by Nandi Bear
February 23, 2018 - 3:02 am

Excerpt:

Arkansas and North Carolina have recently been added to the list of states where SALT Lending is licensed to conduct business and offer loans.

SALT Lending is also licensed in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. Hopefully we'll soon see Louisiana added to the list.

Maybe it's just me but it seems like the state governments in the south (especially in the deep south) have recently learned about cryptocurrency and are now quickly embracing it. Perhaps there's hopes to revitalize the local economy and for much needed tax revenue.

Read entire article: https://nandibear.com/salt-lending-is-e ... h-carolina

AJOLO
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:15 am

SALT has set the bar high for the lending of crypto currencies. It seems their solution has some demand. Last I checked, they have about 20k+ active users in the US alone

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Can we trust the SALT lending platform? How legit is this?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

vanityaddrs
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpk

Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:50 am

Why would 3.24 BTC be needed in collateral for a $5k loan?
BTC bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpkj6

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Salt Lending is virtue signalling - by Luke Nandibear

Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:59 pm

Salt Lending is virtue signalling
nandibear.com
by Luke Nandibear
September 13th, 2020

Excerpt:

SALT (SLT) Saltlending.com – virtue signalling – Black Lives Matter (BLM)

Received the following email (dated September 3rd, 2020) from Saltlending.com (updates@saltlending.com):

"Black Lives Matter"

"With another holiday approaching, it is not lost on us, as a company nor as individuals, that Black Americans continue to fight for racial justice and many of the day-to-day freedoms a lot of us take for granted. We are committed to hearing, learning from, and supporting our Black customers and communities in this fight for a more inclusive world."

Read entire article: https://nandibear.com/salt-lending-is-virtue-signalling

About the author: https://nandibear.com/about/luke-nandibear

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:52 pm

ICO Aftermath: US Rules in Favour of SEC in $100M KIK Case – SALT to Reimburse Claimants From 2017 ICO
news.bitcoin.com
by Terence Zimwara
October 1st, 2020

Excerpt:

A US court has ruled in favour of the US SEC after the regulator’s filing of a motion seeking summary judgment against Kik for violating the country securities laws. Kik, which raised $100 million from 2017 ICO, had filed its own motion of summary judgment but the court refused to grant this.

In his judgment, US District Court Judge Alvin Hellerstein agrees with the US SEC’s contention saying “undisputed facts show that Kik offered and sold securities without a registration statement or exemption from registration, in violation of Section 5.”

Read entire article: https://news.bitcoin.com/ico-aftermath-us-rules-in-favour-of-sec-in-100-million-kik-case-salt-to-reimburse-claimants-from-2017-ico/

About the author: https://news.bitcoin.com/author/terence/

Return to “Lending”