JohnRichards
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Is Bitcoin Legal?

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:16 am

People are increasingly using virtual money, like Bitcoin, that's not backed by any government. Many central banks have cautioned against it. But most authorities take a hands-off approach.

windyvong

Re: Is Bitcoin Legal?

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:19 pm

In some countries, Bitcoin isn't still supported by the government, although they don't completely ban it, it restrains the development of crypto market

robertbint

Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:05 pm

I can understand that such questions keep on wandering in the mind that whether the Bitcoin is legal or not? Individuals are giving a preference to virtual currency these days to buy any kind of product such as Pizza etc... The legality is totally dependent upon where you are and what you are wishing in your mind to do in future. It is not considered an illegal thing to purchase Bitcoin. In fact, Bitcoin is considered the best-known cryptocurrency but the legal factor varies all across the globe. This was made in 2009 by a person named Satoshi Nakamoto. This is legal in India, US But United States has a restriction to taxes and reporting needs.

clement2018

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:38 pm

Some people criticize the use of bitcoin on the pretext that this currency would be used in the context of money laundering and the financing of illegal activities. Despite all these criticisms, it can not be denied that cryptocurrency has a lot to offer. The proof is, some even use it already as a means of payment on online sales sites and even more concretely. As far as I'm concerned, I invested some of my savings in bitcoin on cryptocurrency-global. This site is specialized in the trading and exchange of virtual currencies.

itarachiu

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Yes is completly legal however some countries banned it.

irikan50
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:58 pm

Bitcoin is facing a lot of pressure regards to its legality. It is legal in the countries like USA, South Korea, and Japan. But in many other countries like India, Israel, etc. it is facing a lot of legal barriers. But hopefully it will convince the whole world soon. Will it?

handycash
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:51 pm

This depends on what country you come from. But you can trade bitcoin and even own one no matter what country you are from. If you come from a bitcoin ban country, just invest your money in Tenkofx and trade the bitcoin volatility from there.

scooex

Donate BTC of your choice to 1N5dVJgCf2NQZEAJT15p65TppHt2RQcP7D

Sun May 06, 2018 8:04 pm

i read some books about bitcoin to find out what it is, i think Beyond Bitcoin books by Hanna Halaburd can describe what bitcoin really is.
i got it from link below:
http://cryptobookland.com/index.php/pro ... s-sarvary/

XiaoPang

Mon May 07, 2018 7:45 am

This depends on what country you come from.

CryptoCZ
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 07, 2018 2:54 pm

In some countries it is legal, in some not

XiaoPang

Tue May 08, 2018 11:15 am

Can it be used in China?

Crypterum.com
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu May 31, 2018 11:57 am

Depends on country

Single0
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu May 31, 2018 1:18 pm

Well cryptocurrency is illegal in some countries like China, Morocco and Nepal. But it's very popular in such countries as Japan and Canada. The last one currently is in the lead of world cryptocurrency acceptance. Actually cryptocurrency is getting more and more popular, it seems that in the next few years it could be legalized in many countries. But it's essential to follow the latest news and bitcoin prices so to be aware of the little changes in the market.

Ann
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:45 am

Strange question. Bitcoin is undoubtedly allowed in many countries. Where it is not prohibited, it is legal.

Coinex23

Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:11 pm

In most of countries is legal. Read more here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_ ... _territory
Cryptocurrency guide for beginners and people who would like to start with bitcoin.
https://www.cryptopositive.com/

tomps
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:05 pm

In all countries in different ways. But I'm sure it's a great way to make money. There are many strategies for this, for example, I use arbitration between exchanges

harly
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:15 pm

In all countries in different ways. But I'm sure it's a great way to make money. There are many strategies for this, for example, I use arbitration between exchanges
So do I. Do you compare the rate yourself ?? I did so for a long time, but now I installed BibitBot, read many good reviews about it on the forums. Fortunately, this is true and I do not regret buying it)

yourjoewilliams
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:56 am

Well cryptocurrency is illegal in some countries like China, Morocco and Nepal. But it's very popular in such countries as Japan and Canada. The last one currently is in the lead of world cryptocurrency acceptance. Actually cryptocurrency is getting more and more popular, it seems that in the next few years it could be legalized in many countries. But it's essential to follow the latest news and bitcoin prices so to be aware of the little changes in the market.
Honestly, there are still plenty of countries that consider crypto coins illegal, and there are many firms that do not accept BTC or just don't know about them.

Incryptsnews
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:44 am

Bitcoin is not owned by a central government or a central bank, still the relationship between Bitcoin and the law depends on how the digital currency is being used. Since, Bitcoin is a digital currency some countries support.

ryan.hardingg
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:00 pm

It is difficult to regulate crypto-currencies, and thus some countries do not consider it as legal currency

charlierobinssson
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:59 am

In most of countries is legal. Read more here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_ ... _territory
Oh, thanks! Seems like it really legal and accepted in most of the countries.

but, how relevant is this information?

collage83

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:42 am

it depends where u live.

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:10 pm

Is it legal? Depends on jurisdiction. In north korea - probably not.
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

nathanielouliver
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:08 pm

Bitcoin is legal in most countries

CRcentrum
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:07 am

In my country bitcoin is legal now

Nick567
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:05 pm

In many countries, like the US, they are trying to resolve this sphere of deflation. But it should be noted that they do not always succeed in this. Many talk about bots and services on this topic

annhannarris8

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Very few countries have gone as far as to declare bitcoin illegal. That does not, however, mean that bitcoin is "legal tender" – so far, only Japan has gone as far as to give bitcoin that designation. However, just because something isn't legal tender, does not mean that it cannot be used for payment – it just means that there are no protections for either the consumer or the merchant, and that its use as payment is completely discretionary.

Nick567
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:31 pm

Bitcoin is of interest to law enforcement, tax and legal authorities of the country, they are all trying to understand how the cryptocurrency fits into the existing legal framework. The legality of Bitcoin activities will depend on who you are, where you live, and what you do with Bitcoin.
We can determine the list of countries:
USA
Canada
Bolivia
Brazil
Colombia
Ecuador
Mexico
European Union
Belgium
Bulgarians

africuniaBank
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:38 pm

It depends upon your country. Many countries has banned crypto currencies but many has accepted crypto currencies like southAfrica has been ranked as the top country for ownership of cryptocurrency

Return to “Legal”