Search found 10 matches

Go to advanced search

by laredotornado
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:41 pm
Forum: Mining
Topic: Am I understanding the PPLNS reward system correctly?
Replies: 0
Views: 652

Am I understanding the PPLNS reward system correctly?

I want to be sure I understand how the PPLNS pool payment system works. As I understand it, the theory is to reward loyal miners as opposed to people who continually switch pools. So I've been mining in this pool -- https://mixpools.org/xmr/# . Its advertised PPLNS shares are 100,000. Does that mean...
by laredotornado
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:38 pm
Forum: Monero
Topic: What protocol do the major Monero pool sites use to communicate with workers?
Views: 1701

What protocol do the major Monero pool sites use to communicate with workers?

I've been trying to understand how pools and workers work in some depth. In the Monero world, is there a standard protocol that the major pools, like Nanopool (https://nanopool.org/) use to communicate with their workers? Although they recommend teh software (Claymore) to use, I'm more curious about...
by laredotornado
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:39 pm
Forum: Development & Technical Discussion
Topic: How does the Stratum protocol come into play with mining pools?
Replies: 1
Views: 1126

How does the Stratum protocol come into play with mining pools?

I"ve come to learn that most major mining pools support the Stratum protocol, so that others can participate in the pool's workload and share the rewards, if any. I've noticed these various open source projects around Stratum, e.g. https://github.com/pocesar/node-stratum What I'm curious about is if...
by laredotornado
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:23 am
Forum: Bitcoin Discussion
Topic: Why does Bitcoin screen dust transactions?
Views: 515

Why does Bitcoin screen dust transactions?

Given that users can submit a transaction fee with their transaction and miners can select which transactions to include in a block, why was the output size of version 0.8.2 of Bitcoin rigged so that "dust" transactions (those with an output size of 5.46uBTC) would be weeded out? I mean, if the tran...
by laredotornado
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:36 pm
Forum: Technical Support
Topic: How do I remove restrictions on my Bitcoin/Coinbase OAuth application?
Views: 757

How do I remove restrictions on my Bitcoin/Coinbase OAuth application?

I'm trying to use the Coinbase API for Ruby to create an application to accept Bitcoin payments. I assume one way I can use their API is through their OAuth sequence. So I created an OAuth 2 application on their site. It has these scope restrictions by default ... • wallet:transactions:send is limit...
by laredotornado
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:15 pm
Topic: What information do I need from someone if they are going to donate Bitcoin?
Replies: 9
Views: 2346

Re: What information do I need from someone if they are going to donate Bitcoin?

Thanks for your responses but that still doesn't answer my question. I don't want to just paste our wallet key out there and say "Donate". I want to create a form where folks enter their information adn then we process things on the back-end. If its still not clear what I'm asking, then tough one fo...
by laredotornado
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:21 am
Topic: What information do I need from someone if they are going to donate Bitcoin?

Re: What information do I need from someone if they are going to donate Bitcoin?

Yeah but if we're creating a form where someone wants to donate, what information do we collect from them? I mean, obviously there would be a field for the amount of Bitcoin they want to donate, but then I assume we need their wallet address or some password or something. On the back-end we can then...
by laredotornado
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:50 pm

What information do I need from someone if they are going to donate Bitcoin?

Hi, We are trying to create an app using the Coinbase API that will allow someone to donate Bitcoin to our organization. I am new to crypto-currency, so my question is, what information do we need to collect from someone in order to facilitate this? If it simplifies things, we can assume that person...
by laredotornado
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:49 pm
Forum: Exchanges
Topic: What exchange does Coinbase use?
Replies: 6
Views: 2822

What exchange does Coinbase use?

HI, Recently created myself an account on Coinbase. Still trying to come to grips with all this stuff works but one thing I was having a hard time figuring out is what exchange does Coinbase get its Bitcoin? This four year old thread suggests Bitsstamp -- https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/...
by laredotornado
Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:20 pm
Forum: Wallets
Topic: What is Coinbase's BTC wallet?
Replies: 10
Views: 3244

What is Coinbase's BTC wallet?

Hi, I'm new to BitCoin. I just created an account with Coinbase and purchased some BitCoin. Coinbase tells me the funds will be deposited into my "BTC Wallet". Does anyone know what that is? I didn't explicitly create a wallet with Coinbase or anyone else, so perhaps they do it for me? Grateful for ...

Go to advanced search