LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Dbo5TtxG9cWoyw49GM8vbD7HgQhr1KVi6

Segregated witness: the next steps

Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:43 am

Segregated witness: the next steps

Segregated witness (segwit) is approaching release. This post provides some background information, details about how segwit was tested, information about how the upgrade is expected to proceed, and a description of some future features that segwit makes easier to implement.

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/06/24/s ... ext-steps/
More informations about Bitcoin and scaling BTC on

bitcoin.org/en/

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2015/12/23/c ... reases-faq

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

TomZ
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Segregated witness: the next steps

Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Little note to readers, SegWit is actually already surpassed as a technology by Flexible Transactions that give the same advantages, but not the problems that this new technology, now many months past deadline, is still plagued by.

See more at; dev-tech-talk/flexible-transactions-int ... 10897.html

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:36 pm

Do not use / install Bitcoin Core or its products; Segwit, Lightning Network.

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

coin@coin
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:42 pm

Little note to readers, SegWit is actually already surpassed as a technology by Flexible Transactions that give the same advantages, but not the problems that this new technology, now many months past deadline, is still plagued by.

Has the core team been presented with this or have they discussed this new tech at all, would be nice to know what they think about it?

TomZ
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:42 pm

Has the core team been presented with this or have they discussed this new tech at all, would be nice to know what they think about it?
The Flexible Transactions project has code implementing it in Bitcoin Classic and I personally wrote and submitted a BIP (bitcoin improvement proposal) to the main bitcoin development list. This got approved (see bip134) shortly after a discussion.

Various core developers made short comments, nothing in-depth. They are certainly aware of it.

I've seen some comments from Greg on reddit, but mostly just a simple rejection.
The rationale with those rejections tended to show a deep misunderstanding of the concept presented in FlexTrans. First he claimed that this would make transactions grow in size, so I clarified following documents showing it actually decreased it. Then he stated he didn't see the need for a new format if the purpose is only decreasing the size, rejecting that the actual reason for the proposal is that it solves malleability better than SegWit does.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:10 pm

The Flexible Transactions project has code implementing it in Bitcoin Classic and I personally wrote and submitted a BIP (bitcoin improvement proposal) to the main bitcoin development list. This got approved (see bip134) shortly after a discussion.

Various core developers made short comments, nothing in-depth. They are certainly aware of it.

I've seen some comments from Greg on reddit, but mostly just a simple rejection.
The rationale with those rejections tended to show a deep misunderstanding of the concept presented in FlexTrans. First he claimed that this would make transactions grow in size, so I clarified following documents showing it actually decreased it. Then he stated he didn't see the need for a new format if the purpose is only decreasing the size, rejecting that the actual reason for the proposal is that it solves malleability better than SegWit does.
Tom,

Today I read that Blockstream's CEO has stepped down, in fact he has left the company to pursue other avenues. For that, they have swapped in Adam Back, who is not a public scammer, though just as worst, he is the puppet master with a long history of problems. He must not be anywhere near any Bitcoin protocol level development.

I'm sure the financiers of this investment were wined and dined with grand words, and that's exactly it, they were scammed.

Adam Back and his gang of cronies will not only take all of your money, they will give you up to the authorities if you are doing anything wrong "on a silver platter".

I've read people say, "well I read about him on wikipedia, it looks good". Didn't anybody ever teach you looks can be deceiving? How can you base your opinion of somebody solely off of a wikipedia article? That's crazy. You must always do as much due diligence as you can.

Let's look at one example of the rift in the community and problems at the protocol level. There are few involved that have no regard for their customers advice, complaints or anything of the sort. Few that had no role in the initial creation of Bitcoin. Over 900 complaints have been filed in a thread I have compiled. Nearly 80 days on record of pure problems with no end in sight. Only for the thread to be locked "due to spam reports". Eerily similar to the ghost spam reports I have read on reddit, making peoples posts disappear. Countless polls in favor of increasing the blocksize. Fees are denying access to Bitcoin in third world countries, anybody living on the bare minimum can't afford it, this is what gives Bitcoin its value, the people of our world and their need of a peer 2 peer digital cash system.

You all need to remember this. Trust no one, and when you do need to trust someone, know when and how much to trust them. This is Harvard business advice 101.

My advice is that if anyone is left who is careless enough to go down the path of Blockstream and Bitcoin Core, it is at your own risk. You will not be able to say you haven't been warned.

I hate talking of doom and gloom, but this is the reality of the situation. There is no better way to explain this.

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

coin@coin
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:53 am

Thanks for the reply. I guess they have plenty to do with SegWit right now and they have spent a lot of time and effort working on that... I'm not that technical to understand the advantage of one proposal over the other but thanks for submitting it and hope it helps.

coin@coin
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:22 am

So SegWit it's in the wild now we need 95% of nodes to use it to kick in fully! Let's wait and see if that happens and how soon.

b1980
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 3KgyGrCiMRpXTihZWY1yZiXnL46KUBzMEY

Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:22 pm

SegWit is actually already surpassed as a technology by Flexible Transactions that give the same advantages, but not the problems that this new technology, now many months past deadline, is still plagued by.

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:22 pm

So SegWit seems to have...failed?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

Return to “Bitcoin Core”