Burnett121

Scammed by Bitcoindotcom

Tue May 25, 2021 4:54 pm

Hi I recently opened a wallet with bitcoindotcom go
receive some Bitcoin I had invested more then $4500 into. I gave the company my BTC address to collect funds. I got the transaction IDs and waited. After 2 days I called the company sending the funds and said I received them. I look on the blockchain and it’s correct the wallet address I gave them shows the funds received. It also shows the funds being sent out along with 117 other transactions actively in use daily since 2017! I can’t see the transactions on my wallet app cause according to Bitcoindotcom it was a bug. I’ve given them all the information needed to get my funds back since it was their mess up not mine. I’ve since then got a refund for $3900 but my transactions are $7000. I’ve lost out on investments, being able to provide for my three small kids since I’m a single mother and what belongs to me period! I’ve filed a complaint with CFTC and SEC. I’ve also shared my experiences on Reddit and other public platform to only get others who have wallet issues with this company and I think it’s time more light is being shed on big name companies and not being held responsible for their mistakes

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Scammed by Bitcoindotcom

Tue May 25, 2021 7:03 pm

Hi I recently opened a wallet with bitcoindotcom go
receive some Bitcoin I had invested more then $4500 into. I gave the company my BTC address to collect funds. I got the transaction IDs and waited. After 2 days I called the company sending the funds and said I received them. I look on the blockchain and it’s correct the wallet address I gave them shows the funds received. It also shows the funds being sent out along with 117 other transactions actively in use daily since 2017! I can’t see the transactions on my wallet app cause according to Bitcoindotcom it was a bug. I’ve given them all the information needed to get my funds back since it was their mess up not mine. I’ve since then got a refund for $3900 but my transactions are $7000. I’ve lost out on investments, being able to provide for my three small kids since I’m a single mother and what belongs to me period! I’ve filed a complaint with CFTC and SEC. I’ve also shared my experiences on Reddit and other public platform to only get others who have wallet issues with this company and I think it’s time more light is being shed on big name companies and not being held responsible for their mistakes
hey Burnett,,

Sorry to hear about that. I wish I could be of more help but Bitcoin.com closed source their bitcoin wallet software back at some point in 2019. I was absolutely and categorically against that and I voiced my opinion on the topic.

I worked for their support team from 2017 thru 2020 (and here on the forum since Jan. 2016).

Feel free to post all relevant information (what you've already provided to the support team) below and I'll take a look and I'll reply with my thoughts and if there's anything I think that can be done I'll post instructions.

BEWARE of anyone who might contact you in direct message and please NEVER share your mnemonic seed (backup recovery phrase) or private keys with anyone (including support teams).

Kelly_Thomas

Re: Scammed by Bitcoindotcom

Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:37 pm

Hey, heard about the chaos which you are going through.. i know its quite tough for you.. but all i can say is have patience and wait, lets see what the company is about to do.. you have played your part on a good side..
keep us informed.. i hope you come out of this..

Return to “Bitcoin Core”