Whats new in classic (Jan 30)

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:55 pm

patrick.miller
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Whats new in classic (Jan 30)

Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:50 pm

Hey Thomas.

I have a few questions for you. You've often said that Soft-fork segwit is "horrible".

Are you opposed to Segwit in general?

Do you think at sometimes it's necessary to make compromises in order to move forward and collaborate?

What would you think about Bitcoin Classic maintaining Core 0.14 compability as well as offering hard-fork code to 2mb + a re-org of the witness data?

I feel that, in general, people offering hard-fork code are not interested in any compatibility with Core nor are they interested in any compromise to ensure Bitcoin makes some progress forward.

TomZ
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:30 pm

> Are you opposed to Segwit in general?

There are lots of ideas that were good, If you look at Flexible Transactions you will see that I like the ideas and the feature. FlexTrans fixes all issues that SegWit fixes as well. And more!

> What would you think about Bitcoin Classic maintaining Core 0.14 compability as well as offering hard-fork code to 2mb + a re-org of the witness data?

Bitcoin Classic already is compatible with Bitcoin Core, all versions.

The market has made very clear that they don't think 2MB is enough, because it would just mean another consensus change in a little while. Thats not going to work. And therefore both the original 2MB as well as SegWit are rejected by the market.

See Blocksize document for more info on what Classic does.

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:42 pm

What roles does Bitcoin Classic have among Core and now BCH?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

TomZ
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:05 am

What roles does Bitcoin Classic have among Core and now BCH?
Bitcoin Classic has the ability to work on both the core-chain and the Bitcoin Cash chain.

You can have two Classic clients running on the same machine and see both your wallets at the same time, even.

I think the market is moving towards Bitcoin Cash because that is Bitcoin as most people that fell in love with it initially understood it. Bitcoin Cash is as Satoshi clearly intended it.

The good thing is that its up to the market now, after developers fighting and arguing for years we finally have an open market of ideas and implementations and the hashpower and money will choose what happens next.

Return to “Bitcoin Classic”