arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

1000+ Bitcoin Classic nodes on the network now!

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:25 pm

Wow, things are just moving so fast for Classic it is incredible.

There are already over 1000 Bitcoin Classic nodes online. And that does not even count the (2MB block compatible) Bitcoin Unlimited and Bitcoin XT 0.11E.

There are also over 5000 Core + other 1 MB nodes online.

I'd say that there are now enough nodes online for miners to be able to mine larger blocks without risk of there not being enough full nodes to support their blocks. Exciting times ahead.
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Dbo5TtxG9cWoyw49GM8vbD7HgQhr1KVi6

Re: 1000+ Bitcoin Classic nodes on the network now!

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:41 pm

1000? hmmm yeah, but how many of these are "real nodes" and not hosted in the same room? :?
i doubt that there are 1000 real nodes for classic.
More informations about Bitcoin and scaling BTC on

bitcoin.org/en/

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2015/12/23/c ... reases-faq

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

Acidyo
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 14EvhgnCa62LRKY5ksj9v9UAvM2TsJG8MZ

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:49 pm

1000? hmmm yeah, but how many of these are "real nodes" and not hosted in the same room? :?
I also doubt there are 5000 nodes for core, somehow.

I saw another chart that was showing duplicate nodes and how core had most of them. And suddenly a couple days later their node amount had 5 folded.

LiteCoinGuy
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Dbo5TtxG9cWoyw49GM8vbD7HgQhr1KVi6

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:50 pm

probably they both fake but the classic nodes rose pretty (unrealstic) fast for my taste.
More informations about Bitcoin and scaling BTC on

bitcoin.org/en/

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2015/12/23/c ... reases-faq

&
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Do you have any evidence to support your assertion that classic nodes are fakes? You could, with a bit of work, validate this by getting a list of all classic nodes, connecting to them, and doing some type of request to see if it will be served.

I would be interested in that result, and be happy to discount a percentage of nodes as being fakes - if it was measured.

However, now it seems as if you are challenging measurements with speculation and calling it a fair fight ;)
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:19 pm

Wow, things are just moving so fast for Classic it is incredible.

There are already over 1000 Bitcoin Classic nodes online. And that does not even count the (2MB block compatible) Bitcoin Unlimited and Bitcoin XT 0.11E.

There are also over 5000 Core + other 1 MB nodes online.

I'd say that there are now enough nodes online for miners to be able to mine larger blocks without risk of there not being enough full nodes to support their blocks. Exciting times ahead.
That is a ton of nodes!!!!!!!!!

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Do you have any evidence to support your assertion that classic nodes are fakes? You could, with a bit of work, validate this by getting a list of all classic nodes, connecting to them, and doing some type of request to see if it will be served.

I would be interested in that result, and be happy to discount a percentage of nodes as being fakes - if it was measured.

However, now it seems as if you are challenging measurements with speculation and calling it a fair fight ;)
The sum of the equation is that Bitcoin continues to grow at a pace like no other technology I have seen in 20 years.

When countries begin to contemplate digitalizing their currency, you know you're involved in the making of history!

+ Look at all the money we have made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

Return to “Bitcoin Classic”