Go to advanced search

by fluffypony
Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:22 am
Forum: Mining support
Topic: Dragon Mining Systems SA
Replies: 2
Views: 9375

Re: Dragon Mining Systems SA

HTTP vs HTTPS isn't an indicator of anything, the site might throw you to HTTPS during account creation or whatever. Also, you do need to do some reading to understand what a blockchain is - a mining company wouldn't "be" a blockchain. That said, any company promising a profit % is most likely a sca...
by fluffypony
Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:56 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I'm Riccardo "fluffypony" Spagni of the Monero Core Team, Ask me anything!
Replies: 40
Views: 18373

Re: I'm Riccardo "fluffypony" Spagni of the Monero Core Team, Ask me anything!

Do you ever to conference talks or similar here in SA? :D I see some talks about BTC and ETH but never XMR. I spoke at the Joburg Bitcoin Meetup in June (http://www.meetup.com/The-Johannesburg-Bitcoin-Company/), that was fun. I refuse to speak at the "Blockchain Africa Conference" since they're bor...
by fluffypony
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:54 am
Topic: I'm Riccardo "fluffypony" Spagni of the Monero Core Team, Ask me anything!

You have been a very approachable developer. What percentage of your time would you estimate you spend on 1. Monero 2. Monero related businesses (MyMonero, MoneroDice plus the others you are developing) 3. Answering questions from the Monero community Of the above three what do you enjoy the most? ...
by fluffypony
Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:21 am

Can Monero be co-opted by bitcoin via side chain? Well, there are two considerations when talking about Monero and sidechains: 1. We purposely don't want our security model to rely on Bitcoin's. That's not to say that we don't think that Bitcoin will be a success, quite the opposite, but we want th...
by fluffypony
Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:58 pm

I know this may be "too" much information but I'll ask anyway... What OS do you use that you believe is "safe" and "secure" enough to run Monero on to avoid any type of possible key loggers/malware preinstalled or susceptible to be installed over time? Assuming you're talking about a device that is...
by fluffypony
Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:15 am

Thanks for working on Monero, it's awesome! Pleasure:) From where I'm sitting, in the last few days since the Paris massacre, there has been what seems like a concerted media onslaught against cryptocurrencies. Couple of questions related to this: What technical possibilities are there at the momen...
by fluffypony
Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:10 pm

heya, very cool and much needed AMA, puts a bit of faith back into bitcoin.com :) my first question: what would be your personal top 3 services to accept monero? 1. I'd love to be able to buy or rent media / software with Monero. No advertiser should be able to tell what movies I'm streaming / down...
by fluffypony
Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:49 am

1. Why use Monero instead of Bitcoin? Bitcoin is much more accepted and liquid. Why does it have to be one or the other? Services like ShapeShift and xmr.to already provide low-cost, low-slippage rails between the two, and sidechain-like pegs will allow for even more fluidity between cryptocurrenci...
by fluffypony
Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:31 pm

Hi fluffypony, When are you going to join the Bitcoin Uncensored podcast? Every week, junseth talks smack about Monero. It's time to set the record straight. Thanks! They did ask if I wanted to be on the show, and I said yes, they must email me, but to date I've heard nothing...see comments here: h...
by fluffypony
Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:32 pm

What color are your socks? I'm wearing slops (flip flops)...so...uh...skin colour? On this missives, you and gingeropolous have a good time. Shouldn't you take being a core dev more seriously? The bitcoin core devs always sounds serious when they talk. I believe that if you can't laugh about things...
by fluffypony
Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:19 pm

I think the most pressing questions are: How did you get the nickname fluffypony? Are you actually a poofy equine? Is it an IRL nickname also, or only on the internets pseudonym? Does your mom or your wife call you fluffy? Truly these are the most important questions, and I'm glad you asked. *serio...
by fluffypony
Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:10 pm

Hello Ricardo, I was re-reading Antifragile by iconoclast thinker Nassim Taleb recently. He writes "Never ask anyone for their opinion [...] Just ask them what they have -or don't have- in their portfolio" Having met or read about a few people in the bitcoin community, I have come to think it's a v...
by fluffypony
Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:02 pm

Q1: Do you think that Monero might ever claim the position of primary monetary instrument for privacy minded individuals and organizations? (much like Tor and I2P are used as primary network stack for example) It's hard to say - why has Tor and i2p become relatively successful, but Freenet is kinda...
by fluffypony
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:52 pm

Hey Riccardo - thanks for all the hard work on Monero. One of the biggest concerns with altcoins (and Bitcoin, to a lesser extent) is keeping devs able to work on maintenance and improvement but still earn a living - no simple task. How do you find time to work on Monero vs whatever you do to pay t...
by fluffypony
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:16 pm

I'm Riccardo "fluffypony" Spagni of the Monero Core Team, Ask me anything!

Hi everyone! I'm one of the Monero Core Team members, here today to let you ask me...well...anything! Monero is a privacy-enhancing project that started life as a private alternative to Bitcoin, and has slowly been expanding to embrace other privacy concerns besides keeping financial transactions pr...
by fluffypony
Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:52 am
Topic: I'm Charlie Shrem, Bitcoin Pioneer currently in Federal Prison. AMA!
Replies: 95
Views: 37782

Re: I'm Charlie Shrem, Bitcoin Pioneer currently in Federal Prison. AMA!

Hi all - I'm one of the Monero core team members. We have no idea who created that fake account, but we absolutely do not condone their actions. It could be reverse trolling, or it could be an overzealous community member. Nonetheless, please accept our apologies for the incident, it is regrettable ...
by fluffypony
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:52 am
Forum: Monero
Topic: Monero...so nice it needs TWO forum subsections!
Replies: 1
Views: 11767

Monero...so nice it needs TWO forum subsections!

Although I suspect this second one is a mouse-take:)
by fluffypony
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:51 am
Forum: Monero
Topic: Monero Resources
Replies: 5
Views: 15369

Monero Resources

In case anyone is interested, the Monero website ( getmonero.org ) has a lot of good info, and the Monero forum is hosted there: https://forum.getmonero.org Reddit is also a good source of information and discussion: /r/monero Lastly, for more immediate discussions, IRC is great. You can find us in ...

Go to advanced search