Go to advanced search

by evilroot
Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:43 am
Forum: Marketplace
Topic: Dutyfree.io - Buy cheap cigarettes with Bitcoin
Replies: 9
Views: 6336

Re: Dutyfree.io - Buy cheap cigarettes with Bitcoin

I need to update my review on dutyfree.io. After several attempts of delivery of my cigarettes (value at the time 0.46672088 BTC) that were blocked (and returned) by the swedish customs, their customer service simply stopped responding to my mails - and have now deleted my account from their site. S...
by evilroot
Mon May 02, 2016 11:07 pm
Forum: The Forum
Topic: Rating points
Replies: 12
Views: 8540

Re: Rating points

It was obvious that the previously generous amounts of points was potentially flawing the entire idea of a reputation system - as such, we have therefor lowered the amount of points that is possible to hand out at any given time for now. This is currently being evaluated, and we are carefully monito...
by evilroot
Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:06 am
Forum: Wiki Discussions
Topic: Why does the wiki still list core instead of classic
Replies: 2
Views: 7951

Re: Why does the wiki still list core instead of classic

https://wiki.bitcoin.com/w/Software#Bitcoin_clients

As you can see the link is directly to bitcoin core and there is no mention of classic, unlimited or any other implementation.
Feel free to change/add content if you feel something needs to be changed. That's the entire point of a wiki. :-)
by evilroot
Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:16 am
Forum: Bitcoin Discussion
Topic: Classic nodes being DDoSed now?
Replies: 13
Views: 4577

Re: Classic nodes being DDoSed now?

The DDoSing has resumed. Started 07:56 CEST on one of my Classic nodes.
by evilroot
Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:38 pm
Forum: Svenska
Topic: betala vanliga räkningar med bitcoin?
Replies: 4
Views: 19743

Re: betala vanliga räkningar med bitcoin?

Ok, nu kan vi köpa vad som helst. Men vad kan man göra om man bara vill leva? Dvs kunna betala sin hyra, elräkning etc. Varför inte studielånet? :) Jo, tyvärr så är det ju så att vi fortfarande är helt beroende av att kunna växla in våra bitcoins till cash för att kunna leva "som vanligt". Jag har ...
by evilroot
Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:19 pm
Topic: Classic nodes being DDoSed now?
Views: 4577

Re: Classic nodes being DDoSed now?

I can confirm that Classic nodes has been targeted. My Classic nodes has been eating 100+Mbit/s on and off for close to 12 hours now.

It's getting slightly annoying.
by evilroot
Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:04 pm
Topic: Forum Internal Server Error
Replies: 8
Views: 4292

Re: Forum Internal Server Error

Guys, Thank you for informing us about these issues. Unfortunally, it escalated quicker than expected, which is why we had a few hours of downtime on the system to rebuild the database in some aspects. All for the better though - the problem might have been annoying, but it has risen from frequent u...
by evilroot
Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:31 pm
Topic: How do i change my username?
Replies: 3
Views: 3281

Re: How do i change my username?

If anyone needs to have their username changed, send me a PM and I'll sort it out.
by evilroot
Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:17 pm
Forum: The Suggestion Box
Topic: Ticker Topic is solved
Replies: 5
Views: 10065

Re: Ticker Topic is solved

In the upper right header, can you add a Bitcoin ticker? Possibly show BTC price to USD, EUR and GBP. To poke fun at the Chinese, you could add the Yuan as well ;) Sometimes its nice to see the price when you are reading through threads :) Try disabling adblock - you'll probably see some less possi...
by evilroot
Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:25 pm
Topic: Rid bitcoin.com of faucets
Views: 4879

Re: Rid bitcoin.com of faucets

I happen to agree with the annoyance to see the sub forum Micro Earnings overflowing the recent topics on the index page, so I've removed this forum section from that feature for now.
by evilroot
Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:27 am
Forum: Wiki Discussions
Topic: Separate login to the Wiki
Replies: 1
Views: 7944

Re: Separate login to the Wiki

It's on my todo-list, just not as simple as it sounds.
by evilroot
Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:01 am
Topic: Forum Ranks [Update]
Replies: 76
Views: 38979

Re: Forum Ranks

I've now added 5 ranks, and you rank up based on forum activity. https://forum.bitcoin.com/images/ranks/rank_nickle.png - Nickle Bitcoiner https://forum.bitcoin.com/images/ranks/rank_bronze.png - Bronze Bitcoiner https://forum.bitcoin.com/images/ranks/rank_silver.png - Silver Bitcoiner https://forum...
by evilroot
Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:24 pm
Topic: New forum OAuth social media buttons
Replies: 0
Views: 6635

Re: New forum OAuth social media buttons

Just wanted to say, I like the previous OAuth social media buttons to login to the forum. They were a bit smaller but yet still noticeable. Anyhow, this is just my way of saying, can we get them back? :lol: Yes, it has now been changed back. They got changed after the upgrade and I had more importa...
by evilroot
Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:23 pm
Topic: Remove or don't display images/videos/embedded content when a user quotes another user's post
Replies: 1
Views: 7029

Re: Remove or don't display images/videos/embedded content when a user quotes another user's post

Hi,

Good suggestion, even though it will likely be rarer further down the road as people get used to the discussion system.

I've added it to my look-into-list.
by evilroot
Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:44 pm
Topic: Forum translations added - and help needed!
Views: 19982

Forum translations added - and help needed!

Hi guys, As a courtesy to all international visitors to our World section, we have started to add translations to different languages, You can change your current settings in the user control panel , under board settings. The following languages are currently "semi-supported" - most of them are for ...
by evilroot
Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:15 pm
Topic: Code obfuscation to make easy porting from SMF?
Replies: 3
Views: 3438

Re: Code obfuscation to make easy porting from SMF?

Ok some people want to move their thrreads from the "other" SMF forum. Yet it uses there some code parts not supported here ie [center] or [size] Its really not a cool job to remove those. Can we have in-code obfuscation of this tags so its easier for people to move here ? I would prefer to add the...
by evilroot
Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:13 pm
Topic: New world section: Lithuanian
Replies: 7
Views: 8978

Re: New world section: Lithuanian

If anyone is interested in some translation work, the latest phpBB version (3.1.7-PL1) has no translation files in Lithuanian. They only exist for old outdated v3.0.x versions of phpBB. To submit an official translation file, you can find information on how to do this for phpBB at this page - requir...
by evilroot
Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:27 am
Topic: Lista: Svenska affärer/e-butiker som tar Bitcoin.
Views: 44643

Re: Lista: Svenska affärer/e-butiker som tar Bitcoin.

Tack! Ursprungsinlägget uppdaterat.
by evilroot
Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:14 am

Thank you! Now the tough part of getting people aboard!
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.
by evilroot
Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:47 pm

Re: Lista: Svenska affärer/e-butiker som tar Bitcoin.

Jag har även kontaktat följande e-butiker och bett dem att titta närmare på Bitcoin, och fått blandade svar. Kommentera gärna om ni har fler företag som ska in på den här listan! www.r-pi.se - positivt besked, möjligen mot slutet av mars månad. www.dustinhome.se - inget planerat i dagsläget. Kanske ...
by evilroot
Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:46 pm

Lista: Svenska affärer/e-butiker som tar Bitcoin.

Samlingstråd med information om (e-)butiker som accepterar Bitcoin. Webhallen - elektronik och leksaker. Askari - kickboxing + muay thai - kampsportskläder och -utrustning. DWH - mobilplånbok, mobilskal, datortillbehör, kablar, batterier, Rolly Toys, sportarmband, biljard, baseboll och mer. https.se...
by evilroot
Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:33 pm

Please make a new section for Lithuanian bitcoin community. Suggested name: "Lithuanian (lietuvių)"

I also volunteer to moderate the section.
Ask, and you shall recieve! :-)

The Lithuanian subforum has been created, and SeriousSquash is the current moderator.
by evilroot
Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:19 pm
Forum: Marketplace
Topic: Dutyfree.io - Buy cheap cigarettes with Bitcoin
Views: 6336

Re: Dutyfree.io - Buy cheap cigarettes with Bitcoin

I'm a regular customer of dutyfree.io since september. They have always delivered without fuzz, and I've only had to ask one question to support (because I was so impatient) - and they responded quite quickly.

Overall, more than pleased with the service!
by evilroot
Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:22 am
Topic: Welcome to our 3000th member!
Replies: 31
Views: 16506

Re: Welcome to our 3000th member!

Just out of curiosity - why is he/she user number 3000 and userid 3482? Have 482 users signed up and deleted their account?
My fault! I was doing alot of testing with different test accounts prior to this forum going live, and I forgot to reset the UID counter.
by evilroot
Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:19 pm
Topic: btcdrak to moderate /r/btc.. we're screwed
Replies: 30
Views: 19047

Re: btcdrak to moderate /r/btc.. we're screwed

Roger is not online, and has not been for over 24 hours. Guess it depends how to define "online". Here is a tweet of his from 11 h ago: https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/676972700468924416 I would expect he is informed of the events on his subreddit and it would be appropriate for him to react s...
by evilroot
Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:54 pm
Topic: btcdrak to moderate /r/btc.. we're screwed
Replies: 30
Views: 19047

Re: btcdrak to moderate /r/btc.. we're screwed

Take a deep breath.

Roger is not online, and has not been for over 24 hours. He will adress this accordingly as soon as he is back online.
by evilroot
Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:00 am
Topic: The New Forum Design/Layout
Replies: 6
Views: 7032

Re: Subject lines on posts.

On each and every persons comment on each and every thread at the top of their comment box is "RE:", in this instance, "Re: The New Forum Design/layout" - at the top of every single comment. I already know which thread I'm in and it takes up a lot of extra space, so my suggestion is, given we know ...
by evilroot
Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:45 am
Topic: Keeping the forum clean and tidy.
Views: 3854

Re: Keeping the forum clean and tidy.

Thank you for your valuable input! We actually want this place to be a SORT OF self-moderating place - the community is the people deciding what goes and doesn't go - and the more users we have, the more in sync with the full communitys need and wishes it will reflect. The sort of recently implement...
by evilroot
Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:14 pm
Topic: Tapatalk test.
Replies: 4
Views: 5047

Re: Tapatalk test.

It works on my Android. I don't like the fact that it needs access to my location. That is not relevant in any way for a forum. I also don't like that it tries to market itself by adding text 'sent from (exact phone model number) using Tapatalk.' Why does it violate my privacy by default in such a ...
by evilroot
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:25 am
Topic: More emoticons (smilies)
Replies: 2
Views: 7709

Re: More emoticons (smilies)

I can easily replace the existing ones or add more - after all, they are just image files and entries in a database.

Can you guys try to look around and see if you can find any smiley collections out there that seem suitable?

Go to advanced search