Search found 10 matches

Go to advanced search

by ERt1F2Wvyr
Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:49 pm
Forum: Bitcoin Core
Topic: RBF transactions to be enabled at the next core update!!!
Replies: 4
Views: 3441

Re: RBF transactions to be enabled at the next core update!!!

Mike Hearn calls Bitcoin's block size debate a ‘civil war’ - http://bravenewcoin.com/news/mike-hearn-calls-bitcoins-block-size-debate-a-civil-war/ Prominent Bitcoin Developer (Mike Hearn) Declares the Digital Currency a Failure - http://fortune.com/2016/01/14/bitcoin-developer-quits/?xid=soc_socialf...
by ERt1F2Wvyr
Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:18 pm
Forum: Development & Technical Discussion
Topic: Blocksize attack vector possible now?
Replies: 1
Views: 1223

Re: Blocksize attack vector possible now?

Consensus on increasing the block size has now finally been reached. Although to address your point if the amount of transactions overfills the blocks and keeps continuing to do so for long enough. Then I'm led to believe that it could bring down the whole network. That is what the transaction fee i...
by ERt1F2Wvyr
Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:11 pm
Forum: Bitcoin Core
Topic: RBF transactions to be enabled at the next core update!!!
Replies: 4
Views: 3441

RBF transactions to be enabled at the next core update!!!

It's took us many many months to get the blocksize readjusted like it clearly needed. And now a core dev is pushing through RBF transactions at the next update. Which means zero confirmation transactions can never be accepted again. And that someone can send a transaction back to themselves before i...
by ERt1F2Wvyr
Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:21 pm
Topic: Full nodes on Android OS and similar
Replies: 1
Views: 1535

Full nodes on Android OS and similar

I wonder when we are first going to see a full node bitcoin wallet to run on Android released. You can buy a 128GB memory card now for several quid. It may be best for the app designed to have an option to run only over WiFi. To save on mobile data costs. Plus the UTXO would have to run in virtual m...
by ERt1F2Wvyr
Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:09 pm
Forum: Mining
Topic: Bitcoin Mining Profit
Replies: 11
Views: 16002

Re: Bitcoin Mining Profit

I agree with some of the sentiments in this thread that cloud mining is basically nearly always a scam. In fact it's actually one of the most effective ways to run a Ponzi. Also why would anyone with that amount of mining capacity rent it out to the public on a relatively very small scale. When it'd...
by ERt1F2Wvyr
Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:23 pm
Forum: Bitcoin Discussion
Topic: Dear Bitcoin, "I'm Leaving You"
Replies: 3
Views: 1165

Re: Dear Bitcoin, "I'm Leaving You"

Patrick join an altcoin project. Anoncoin, Next Horizon, and, FairCoin/FairCoop are my current favorite small and grassroots cryptocurrency projects. If you're a mathematician then I recommend helping out with Anoncoin zerocoin development. If you're interested in Bitcoin 2.0 projects then I recomme...
by ERt1F2Wvyr
Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:41 pm
Forum: Meetups
Topic: Bitcoin Manchester Meetups
Replies: 0
Views: 2236

Bitcoin Manchester Meetups

There are often meetups held in Manchester, England. There is a meetup this Monday evening starting at 7pm in the Northern Quarter of the city centre.

http://www.bitcoinmanchester.org.uk
by ERt1F2Wvyr
Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:35 pm
Topic: Anonymity by default?
Replies: 13
Views: 6723

Re: Anonymity by default?

I personally think it should pretty much stay as it is. Although I'm not against a future sidechain that can provide anonymity. Also I'm a big fan of wallets like DarkWallet. That offers both stealth addresses and the coinjoin protocol combined together in one application. If you want true anonymity...
by ERt1F2Wvyr
Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:11 pm
Topic: Best method for securing online private keys?
Replies: 7
Views: 3903

Re: Best method for securing online private keys?

Well I meant specifically for services which are forced to temporarily hold funds, say between a buyer and a seller in an online marketplace..
The use of multisig - https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Multisignature - with an independent third party escrow sounds like the best option for what your saying.
by ERt1F2Wvyr
Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:51 pm
Forum: Mining hardware
Topic: What's the cheapest mining hardware with efficient hash rate/power
Replies: 16
Views: 14626

Re: What's the cheapest mining hardware with efficient hash rate/power

Unless you have basically free power then it can be very difficult to make any positive return on your investment bitcoin wise. Meaning you're probably a lot better off spending that $10,000 on BTC and sticking it on a paper wallet. If you can get power at less than $0.07 USD per kWh then you could ...

Go to advanced search