Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Winklevii ETF getting a second look!

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Just came across an article claiming that the Winklevoss ETF is getting a second look from the SEC.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/26/bitcoin- ... eview.html

The review is initiated from an appeal request from the filers, but the SEC did have to approve/accept to give the ETF request a second look. They could just as easily have rejected the appeal request.

Thoughts?

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: Winklevii ETF getting a second look!

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:25 am

At this point I just believe they are humoring them. There reason for the decision that they cited was because of the doubt they had in bitcoins ability to be stable.

It's stability and backing have not changed.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:56 am

At this point I just believe they are humoring them. There reason for the decision that they cited was because of the doubt they had in bitcoins ability to be stable.

It's stability and backing have not changed.
I am having trouble trying to picture the SEC with a sense of humor, it's not something i imagine they have much of at that office.
I thought the reasons the ETF was turned down was due to lack of regulation in bitcoin rather than bitcoins ability to be stable.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:11 am

The SEC is definitely not "humoring" them. In fact, the SEC would likely take appeal requests very seriously and I suspect that most appeals that are filed are granted, as a measure of due process for the applicants.

The SEC's original rejection was due to risk in the industry. I can kind of understand that. That organization is put in a position of responsibility if a bunch of Wall Street sourced investment activity occurs and they all end up getting Goxxed. I'm sure the SEC didn't refer to it the way I do, but the principle is shared.

It's nice to know that hope exists, but I think the best part outcome is what we're seeing in the current price run up that could be related to anticipation of another decision.

Here's another article on the topic: https://dcebrief.com/sec-agrees-to-revi ... evoss-etf/

Return to “Economics”