JalToorey
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

I don't think John Nash would like seg-wit

Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 pm

seems like its not a good idea by the standards of Nashian economics. Who's with me?

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Re: I don't think John Nash would like seg-wit

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Do we care what a dead guy thinks?

Newton probably wouldn't like the idea of the death sentence, but hey, we don't make a point about that!
theres a snake in my boot

JalToorey
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:55 am

Newton probably wouldn't like the idea of the death sentence, but hey, we don't make a point about that!
Dead guys are the premise of science and nash's argument relies on newton's arguments so you are kind of being ignorant and silly at the same time.

Decoded
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1fdFgrw59gczh96esrpJST6MVHyQm4VJK

Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:59 am

Dead guys are the premise of science and nash's argument relies on newton's arguments so you are kind of being ignorant and silly at the same time.
Maybe so, but this is the internet we are talking about. Rules are broken, new ones are made. The internet is a place of wonder, where everything is possible and probable. Dont rely on old fashioned ideas, make your own.
theres a snake in my boot

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:01 am

For the people who dont know John Nash:
John Nash, in full John Forbes Nash, Jr. (born June 13, 1928, Bluefield, West Virginia, U.S.—died May 23, 2015, near Monroe Township, New Jersey), American mathematician who was awarded the 1994 Nobel Prize for Economics for his landmark work, first begun in the 1950s, on the mathematics of game theory. He shared the prize with John C. Harsanyi and Reinhard Selten. In 2015 Nash won (with Louis Nirenberg) the Abel Prize for his contributions to the study of partial differential equations.
- https://www.britannica.com/biography/John-Nash

This is the dude that some people say is satoshi right? I remember reading a few posts/threads on various forums about that theory.

JalToorey
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:15 am

This is the dude that some people say is satoshi right? I remember reading a few posts/threads on various forums about that theory.
Yup that's why its relevant that I think his essays suggest seg wit is not a good idea!

jackboss
Banned
Banned

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 am

Why should we care about their thought ?

Return to “Economics”