Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Freebitco.in pays interest, anyone getting paid?

Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:50 am

So Freebitco.in pays interest now, every day totaling 4% a year.

Is anyone else taking part in this deal?

It seems pretty good to me, although I'm of course cautious with how much of my total holdings I keep in online wallets. I just thing they're making a giant leap to change the way online wallets operate. If they keep it up won't Coinbase and Circle and others have to start offering interest too?

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: Freebitco.in pays interest, anyone getting paid?

Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:35 am

It seems pretty good to me, although I'm of course cautious with how much of my total holdings I keep in online wallets. I just thing they're making a giant leap to change the way online wallets operate. If they keep it up won't Coinbase and Circle and others have to start offering interest too?
4% a year is just not worth handing over your financial control to a 3rd party. If you want interest rates then go back to the banks and you will get double that on a saving account.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Re: Freebitco.in pays interest, anyone getting paid?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:39 am

Haha, you won't get rates like that in the US! In the US you're lucky if you can get 0.75% annually.

Fair comment though, unless you currently have your coin with Coinbase, Xapo, Circle, or any other online wallet. If you do, you're not getting paid interest and you're missing out on free bitcoin. And going back to the banks means missing out on Bitcoin price appreciation.

For the rest of you offline, cold storage folks - I totally get it!

4% a year is just not worth handing over your financial control to a 3rd party. If you want interest rates then go back to the banks and you will get double that on a saving account.

Return to “Economics”