cajunken

Donate BTC of your choice to 133b3W5kevnKyfDeywyWDWeSxmivFobmwx

Wallet Corrupted

Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:18 pm

Hello,

I have a perfectly good wallet.dat file that contains quite a few BTC, and for some reason I cannot open it. I've tried reinstalling bitcoin on multiple different computers running different OS's (mac, windows, linux) and nothing works. Each time I re-downloaded the entire blockchain.

The file was working just fine last time I used it. I kept it on my PC, but also had a backup copy on a thumbdrive in my fireproof safe. Neither copy works, both throw the same error. So, this is definitely a Bitcoin issue/bug, not my wallet.

I've googled around and found a few forums that discussed this, and they all get really technical very quick - I'm a pretty technical person, but don't have any more time or patience to try hacking into my own wallet. I'm starting to wonder if I have now discovered why most BTC, they say, are just sitting around not being used - it's because we can't use them due to Bitcoin 'corrupting' our wallets!

Is there someone that can help? And how could I possibly trust them to send me my BTC (minus their cut) once they hopefully get in it? I prefer someone local so I can know where they live and break they're legs or something if they rip me off. :D

Thanks in advance!

Ken

helloworld
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Wallet Corrupted

Tue May 03, 2016 7:14 pm

Not affiliated with him on any level, but reddit.com/u/usrn helped me recover my funds once.

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1KA7KBJaRVLqZNJj4QJAJzs1yVEN5zG91

Wed May 04, 2016 8:24 am

Try this sevice:
http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com

They have a good reputation and they do this for a living, so it's highly unlikely that they rip you off. ;)
Follow me on twitter for the latest news on bitcoin and altcoins and I'll follow you back the same day!
Don't miss the free Byteball airdrop! byteball.org

cajunken

Donate BTC of your choice to 133b3W5kevnKyfDeywyWDWeSxmivFobmwx

Wed May 11, 2016 10:13 pm

Cryptkeeper, thank you! "Dave Bitcoin" and I exchanged a few emails and as of today I now have 80% of my wallet back - he charges 20% for his services. I couldn't be happier. I obviously did my research first, and he seemed legit so I took a risk and it paid off. So, I'm posting this for all the future people like myself, needing legit assistance. Dave w/ walletrecoveryservices is the real deal, and I highly recommend him!

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1KA7KBJaRVLqZNJj4QJAJzs1yVEN5zG91

Thu May 12, 2016 8:20 am

Cryptkeeper, thank you! "Dave Bitcoin" and I exchanged a few emails and as of today I now have 80% of my wallet back - he charges 20% for his services. I couldn't be happier. I obviously did my research first, and he seemed legit so I took a risk and it paid off. So, I'm posting this for all the future people like myself, needing legit assistance. Dave w/ walletrecoveryservices is the real deal, and I highly recommend him!
I'm glad this worked out for you so well! :D
Follow me on twitter for the latest news on bitcoin and altcoins and I'll follow you back the same day!
Don't miss the free Byteball airdrop! byteball.org

johnniewalk

Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:05 pm

If it works fine then it's good..

SerutEhtt
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1SeruCcX7fSMAMTLuUbokaP77STszuPJm

Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:33 pm

I'm starting to wonder if I have now discovered why most BTC, they say, are just sitting around not being used - it's because we can't use them due to Bitcoin 'corrupting' our wallets!
About this, it is possible that some people got their wallet files corrupt but this is why it is always recommended to keep back of the private keys, if you have those then you can't ever lose coins unless of course someone else have those too and they steal them.
CoinMama
Buy BTC itcoins with Credit Card or Cash in minutes

0x8d8b18B67F6A0B8B30798E0f63afA3c09f04c130

Return to “Development & Technical Discussion”