mazen.rustom

HELP!

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:33 pm

I am just getting into bitcoin and did a small purchase with a certain address. However, after purchasing with an address I accidentally changed the address.

It is still the same wallet, but with a different address. Does this mean I will not receive my money?

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: HELP!

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:52 pm

I am just getting into bitcoin and did a small purchase with a certain address. However, after purchasing with an address I accidentally changed the address.

It is still the same wallet, but with a different address. Does this mean I will not receive my money?
Hi mazen,

Are you using a Bitcoin.com wallet? Generating a new address is fine. You may use the previous address(es) too. They are all part of your wallet.

mazen.rustom

Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:30 pm

yes i downloaded the pc version. How do i use previous adress? Do i neeed to scan funds or something, i still haven't received it?

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:17 pm

yes i downloaded the pc version. How do i use previous adress? Do i neeed to scan funds or something, i still haven't received it?
Mazen,

Please go to Settings -> Your Wallet (BTC) -> More Options -> Transaction History -> Clear cache
This clears the cache and synchronizes your transaction history from the server.

If the funds still do not appear you can try:

Please go to Settings -> Your Wallet -> More Options -> Wallet Addresses -> Tap 'Unused Addresses' 20 times until you see the message "Empty addresses limit reached", then tap 'Scan addresses for funds'
- Below will appear all the unused and addresses with funds available associated with your BTC wallet.
- The funds should now also show up on your wallet homepage.

Return to “Development & Technical Discussion”