Christine Villon

Account Recovery

Sat May 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Hello. I have a problem. I am new to bitcoin. Someone from Bitcoin called me yesterday because I'm not using my Bitcoin account.
they sent a mailto my yahoo account but the problem is that the yahoo said I can't recover my account and because of that I am not able to read the mail. Is there a way that I can change my mailing address in Bitcoin? and I also forgot my bitcoin account password. heelp please!! :( :(

Can I just make another Bitcoin account?

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Account Recovery

Sun May 27, 2018 9:29 pm

Hello. I have a problem. I am new to bitcoin. Someone from Bitcoin called me yesterday because I'm not using my Bitcoin account.
they sent a mailto my yahoo account but the problem is that the yahoo said I can't recover my account and because of that I am not able to read the mail. Is there a way that I can change my mailing address in Bitcoin? and I also forgot my bitcoin account password. heelp please!! :( :(

Can I just make another Bitcoin account?
Bitcoin.com is just one domain name used to promote Bitcoin. Bitcoin.com is not an official website. Just like nobody owns the email technology, nobody owns the Bitcoin network. As such, nobody can speak with authority in the name of Bitcoin.

I'm not sure who called you but there's no such thing as someone from Bitcoin calling you.

Were you using some software, or some other product, or a website which is related to Bitcoin? If so, you'll have to communicate with the providers of those services.

The other more likely possibility is that the call you received is part of a scam.

Edit: Regarding your last question, yes, you can have as many bitcoin address, and wallets, as you want. Please see: bitcoin.com/getting-started/

Return to “Development & Technical Discussion”