Lauranalexis

Donate BTC of your choice to 14DBN6w1EKndD3bYHZmahYGdgtCWqzNSM4

Accessing old wallet

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:04 am

My app updated as soon as I scanned a private key and the address disappeared but I can see where it went I just don't know how to access it. Please help as I desperately need to recover this Bitcoin and I don't remember my phrase and can't find the paper I wrote it down on anywhere and I'm not sure if that would even help me right now.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Accessing old wallet

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:39 am

My app updated as soon as I scanned a private key and the address disappeared but I can see where it went I just don't know how to access it. Please help as I desperately need to recover this Bitcoin and I don't remember my phrase and can't find the paper I wrote it down on anywhere and I'm not sure if that would even help me right now.
Hi Lauranalexis, is this a Bitcoin.com wallet that you're using?

When the app updated did you lose your wallets, if so are you 100% sure? Please provide more details and context (e.g., name of the app and what happened after the update?) .

If you don't have the backup phrase written down and you wallets are gone (?) you might not be able to recover your funds.

If you're using a Bitcoin.com wallet (please let us know yes/no) you may want to review the Bitcoin.com Wallet FAQ: http://walletsupport.bitcoin.com/

Return to “Development & Technical Discussion”