Search found 11 matches

Go to advanced search

by c.allen
Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:05 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I’m Charles Allen, CEO of BTCS Inc., Ask me anything! (January 8)
Replies: 37
Views: 17401

Re: I’m Charles Allen, CEO of BTCS Inc., Ask me anything! (January 8)

As a side note and in the essence of keeping things informal I'm a pilot as well (single engine land and glider). PM me and I'll get you a ride in the Pilatus PC12. Fun little plane. Also would you like to do a "Hangout" for a few minutes at our February Bitcoin Meetup? We are a small group... usua...
by c.allen
Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:38 pm

@Charles, Thanks for all you are doing in the space!! Questions: I would like to see the US Government heavily subsidize mining here in the USA. I mean HEAVILY!!! Tax exemptions, free land, grants, university funding etc!!! How do you feel about that? Many things become centralized over time (strai...
by c.allen
Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:43 am

Nice to have you here! Does spoondlies tech plans on going for other algos ie the infamous X11 chips ? What are plans for GoCoin to monetize or take the spot Blockchain has? Can you describe a bit how the referal program fo GoCoi nworks? Not familiar with the X11 chips so I don't think it's in the ...
by c.allen
Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:48 pm

Charles, Thanks for doing this AMA. I am currently a shareholder in your company. I was curious as to what percentage (if any) of the bitcoins you mine are you NOT converting to fiat currency and just keeping on balance sheet as an Asset. I am trying to get a handle on potential market value of com...
by c.allen
Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:21 pm

Charles, It's well know the pace for Bitcoin tech greatly varies depending upon the part of the market being covered. But when it comes to mining it's break neck or you're left behind with many expensive paperweights. Spondoolies announced their SP50 rig back in September and began taking emails fo...
by c.allen
Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:13 pm

Hello Charles, happy new year my usual question: I was re-reading Antifragile by iconoclast thinker Nassim Taleb recently. He writes "Never ask anyone for their opinion [...] Just ask them what they have -or don't have- in their portfolio" I have come to think it's a very relevant question and you ...
by c.allen
Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:39 pm

Wow! That is all very informative - thank you. What stands in the way of ramping up mining to the full 3mw capacity? Is the constraint lack of mining rigs? The main constraint to growth is capital. Bitfury has raised $60m, KNC has raised $30m and BTCS/Spondoolies on a pro-forma combined basis has o...
by c.allen
Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:17 pm

First, thank you for publicly taking questions. I have a few questions about cash flow: mining generates some cash, but only in the range of hundreds of thousands of dollars. How else does the company generate cash flow? How does it intend to raise the funds necessary to repay the $1.5m recently bo...
by c.allen
Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:05 pm

As a company that is actively mining bitcoin, how will the reward halving in 2016 impact your strategy this year? Great question. Its possible that the impact of the halving may be offset by higher bitcoin prices as there are less newly issued bitcoin hitting the market from miners. However in the ...
by c.allen
Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:49 pm

Through our pending merger with Sponoolies we plan to vertically integrated our mining operations. As a combined company we would design, build and deploy mining hardware. As a public company its our responsibility to create value for our shareholders so yes we plan to profit from the mining. We als...
by c.allen
Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:52 pm

I’m Charles Allen, CEO of BTCS Inc., Ask me anything! (January 8)

As many of you may know BTCS Inc. (ticker: BTCS, http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=btcs&ql=1) is the first U.S. pure-play bitcoin and blockchain focused company. Our company was founded in 2013 by two NASA engineers who created Bitcoinshop.us LLC after seeing a void in the market i.e. no way to spend bit...

Go to advanced search