Go to advanced search

by BitMEX_Arthur
Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:40 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I am Arthur Hayes, CEO of BitMEX, Ask Me Anything
Replies: 20
Views: 12018

Re: I am Arthur Hayes, CEO of BitMEX, Ask Me Anything

Great AMA! What would you say is key if you want to start up your own exchange like this? Like, how to not give up if you do not have instant success? And, what did you do prior to BitMEX? Risk management is the number one thing. Dealing with highly leveraged derivatives that sometimes have non-lin...
by BitMEX_Arthur
Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:26 pm

Traditional Traders: A small percentage of our customers are veteran Wall Street traders. They like the freedom of the digital currency trading space. They also like the ability to arbitrage Bitcoin and other digital currencies across trading platforms. Quanto Products: We Quanto products into Bitco...
by BitMEX_Arthur
Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:42 am

1. We registered in the Seychelles because the jurisdiction features no corporate tax and english common law. Many foreign exchange trading businesses choose to incorporate in the Seychelles. 2. I will have to get back to you on that. Will ask our CTO. 3. We have never lost any customer Bitcoin due ...
by BitMEX_Arthur
Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:19 am

We started the company in January 2014. We took a small amount of money (<US$200k) in the form of convertible notes from friends and family. We have not taken any institutional VC money.

We have 5 employees. We tend to hire people that we have known previously in a professional capacity.
by BitMEX_Arthur
Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:17 am

The volatility of Bitcoin has been falling. Bitcoin has become the Reserve Currency of the digital currency world. Read a recent blog post entitled, Bitcoin, The Reserve Currency , for a more in-depth discussion. The liquidity of our XBTUSD product has improved, it has traded almost 10,000 Bitcoin o...
by BitMEX_Arthur
Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:30 am

I am Arthur Hayes, CEO of BitMEX, Ask Me Anything

BitMEX is a trading platform that allows traders to trade Bitcoin and other digital currencies with leverage. All products on BitMEX are in the form of financial derivatives. We offer leverage of up to 100x on certain products. BitMEX is a Bitcoin only business. Traders deposit Bitcoin as margin, an...

Go to advanced search