Paztor420

Donate BTC of your choice to 1GFyq3KPNdt6oDNBgxEkj5ygsKNkEXDY19

wrong btc address

Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:11 pm

Hello, today i bought bitcoins with my 55 usd and i was sending to my friend but i put the wrong address-2 letters was wrong.I know this was my fault but can i do something i get back them atleast 50 %

again sorry

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: wrong btc address

Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:18 pm

Hello, today i bought bitcoins with my 55 usd and i was sending to my friend but i put the wrong address-2 letters was wrong.I know this was my fault but can i do something i get back them atleast 50 %

again sorry
Hi Paztor420, based on what you've stated there is nothing that can be done. The bitcoins will remain forever at the address that you sent to. Bitcoin is a permissionless system, there's no middleman.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:27 am

The odds of having 2 different bitcoin addresses, that differ by just 2 letters would be huge, unless they are vanity addresses i couldn't see it happening very often,
Can you show us the addresses?
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Rocshob

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:48 am

You can not see Bitcoin sender identification and address of a sender. Due to security reasons they have hidden the addresses and identification numbers of user. With the help of address hacker can cause major problems for user. So to hide address is policy.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:07 pm

You can not see Bitcoin sender identification and address of a sender. Due to security reasons they have hidden the addresses and identification numbers of user. With the help of address hacker can cause major problems for user. So to hide address is policy.
What are you talking about?

You can share your public key with anybody, you can even see a QR code for one of my public key under my avatar pic.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”