Intriguing
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 18GLWKEbGunnGGxi54TtgUht9syDD61zJi

What wallet to use? [Guide]

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:44 am

What wallet to use? Image Choosing a wallet to use can be quite difficult for the new user and I shall guide you through the different kinds of wallets and the pros and cons of them and the importance to a new bitcoin user. This is part 2 of my guides Web-Wallets Web wallets are one of the least secure wallets you can ever use some of them don't even provide you with your private key to personally access your bitcoins, I personally would not ever use a web wallet and you the newbies of bitcoins shouldn't either. Don't be lazy and just sign up and place your bitcoins there and leave for years. Some web wallets include
-Blockchain.info
-Xapo
Pros
-Easy to use
Cons
-No control over funds
-Can't access some features which having the private key can do

HardWare Wallets
These are HardWare wallets are some of the strongest wallets that you can have, you usually own one when you have a massive amount of bitcoins(btc) you don't want to store on your device. With those heavy duty wallets its near impenetrable and extremely resistant. Here are some examples of them
-TrezorImage
-KeepkeyImage
-LedgerImage

Pros
Incredibly secured
Long lasting
Offline/Cold

Cons
Expensive
Desktop Wallets Now we are getting in to the wallets you should use personally if you just want to store a couple bitcoins.
These are the wallets that can be used everyday and are quite safe if you know around them.
-Electrum
-Bitcoin Core (If you're seriously considering this I recommended torrenting the entire blockchain because it can take quite awhile to set up)

Pros
-Can be encrypted and kept safe
-Easy to access and use on a daily basis
-It is software so beware of fake wallets

Cons
-Can be a fake wallet and you can lose all your bitcoins
-Can be hacked if not encrypted or stored safely
Mobile Wallets Want to use your bitcoins on the go these wallets are for you ready on mobile and very compatible it is very useful for any bitcoiner.
-MyceliumImage

Pros
-Can be used in the go
-Less attractive to hack
-Easy use
Cons
-Not many options

Paper Wallets
Paper wallets are very intriguing to anyone new or old to bitcoins its kind of another physical way of saving your bitcoins most usually on a piece of paper as the name suggests. Paper wallets have to be made precisely as if your device gets compromised so can your bitcoins on that wallet, stay safe.

Thanks for reading ;)
Here is part 3:bitcoin-discussion/how-to-get-started-w ... 15499.html
Here is part 1:bitcoin-discussion/where-to-purchase-bi ... 15515.html

Since this is very brief if you have any questions leave them below and I will look at them when I can and to the best of my ability.

Credits for help
-Bitkilo
Last edited by Intriguing on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Checkout blender.io It is the latest bitcoin mixer available

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: What wallet to use? [Guide]

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:53 am

Another good tutorial thread, thanks for posting.
Since it is kind of brief you may want to add a note a the bottom saying something like "this is just a basic introduction so if any member who have questions regarding the above thread feel free to post them here and you will answer them when seen"

You may also just want to add a note to the paper wallet section saying that if not created correctly paper wallets could become compromised if the computer you created them on gets hacked.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Intriguing
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 18GLWKEbGunnGGxi54TtgUht9syDD61zJi

Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:00 am

Another good tutorial thread, thanks for posting.
Since it is kind of brief you may want to add a note a the bottom saying something like "this is just a basic introduction so if any member who have questions regarding the above thread feel free to post them here and you will answer them when seen"

You may also just want to add a note to the paper wallet section saying that if not created correctly paper wallets could become compromised if the computer you created them on gets hacked.
Thanks for the tips greatly appreciate any help :)
Checkout blender.io It is the latest bitcoin mixer available

BitcoinGuides
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Kyk8xJcjqZwQPTWTbiQ6HYMA5FmAc3NH3

Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:05 pm

It might be helpful to briefly explain the difference between hot and cold wallets. Users can better decide which wallet is best suited for their needs if they understand the security behind private key management.

Return to “Bitcoin Discussion”