rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Bitcoin Cash Mega Thread

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:47 pm

I just added a Bitcoin Cash section to the forum.
Discuss all your Bitcoin Cash topics here.

For example, there is a $10,000 USD bounty for a fork of the Bitcoin.com wallet to support Bitcoin Cash in addition to Segwit 2X.

alternative-clients/10-000-usd-bounty-f ... 36319.html
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

lethos3
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Bitcoin Cash Mega Thread

Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:17 am

Last edited by lethos3 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

X90
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:00 pm

It makes no sense that anyone would support this new coin. It has less credibility than the most recently added "new" alt. coin on the market, which is one of like 900 or something. The only thing is that they are using Bitcoin's history to try to make people think it is legit.

I also do not understand why people are saying you are going to get BITCOIN and Bitcoincash. If the chain splits each will have a maximum of 21 million coins issued eventually. While you may be able to convert to one or the other you can not cash in twice. Otherwise both coins would have no inherent value or it would be highly discredited. If I am wrong please inform me.

It makes sense that if you convert to BCH Bitcoin cash that you would be X'ed out on the Original bitcoin ledger, and vice versa.

It blows my mind that anyone would trade the Original Bitcoin which has been around for 10 years or something and take a coin that doesn't even exist yet. Bitcoin Cash has to be a scam.

If I am misguided please let me know, because I am a little confused and feel as though I am the crazy one.

Thanks BTC

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:06 pm

It makes no sense that anyone would support this new coin. It has less credibility than the most recently added "new" alt. coin on the market, which is one of like 900 or something. The only thing is that they are using Bitcoin's history to try to make people think it is legit.

I also do not understand why people are saying you are going to get BITCOIN and Bitcoincash. If the chain splits each will have a maximum of 21 million coins issued eventually. While you may be able to convert to one or the other you can not cash in twice. Otherwise both coins would have no inherent value or it would be highly discredited. If I am wrong please inform me.

It makes sense that if you convert to BCH Bitcoin cash that you would be X'ed out on the Original bitcoin ledger, and vice versa.

It blows my mind that anyone would trade the Original Bitcoin which has been around for 10 years or something and take a coin that doesn't even exist yet. Bitcoin Cash has to be a scam.

If I am misguided please let me know, because I am a little confused and feel as though I am the crazy one.

Thanks BTC
Yes, you are the crazy one, or at least your understanding is.

If "bitcoin cash" comes to exist, and has value, you will be able to sell both "bitcoin cash" and Bitcoin, or buy either.
WARNING - If you download any dodgy software you may loose your bitcoin's.

"bitcoin cash" could not be a scam for any reasons you have stated, as your reasons are based on complete misunderstanding.
Fair enough.

But you have also posted here post77487.html#p77487 adding that,
"There is nothing good about increasing the block size." In all your ignorance
"If you want... coffee there are like 900 different shitcoins out there that can do that."

You are misguided as i have explained. (i'm being polite here matey)
Yet you still spout trash about blocksize, like satoshi would look an idiot sat next to you.

Just the way things are now i guess?

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:32 pm

Only a question of time until BCC becomes a shitcoin.
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

X90
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:31 am

Yes, you are the crazy one, or at least your understanding is.

If "bitcoin cash" comes to exist, and has value, you will be able to sell both "bitcoin cash" and Bitcoin, or buy either.
WARNING - If you download any dodgy software you may loose your bitcoin's.

"bitcoin cash" could not be a scam for any reasons you have stated, as your reasons are based on complete misunderstanding.
Fair enough.

But you have also posted here post77487.html#p77487 adding that,
"There is nothing good about increasing the block size." In all your ignorance
"If you want... coffee there are like 900 different shitcoins out there that can do that."

You are misguided as i have explained. (i'm being polite here matey)
Yet you still spout trash about blocksize, like satoshi would look an idiot sat next to you.

Just the way things are now i guess?

I don't care about the blocksize other than keeping it to where if an average person could keep and run a node for their self, they could.
When you increase it to 8 plus and try to do it on your own you can't cause you couldn't afford the hard drives for a year, much less anything else.

So, in that sense a 2MB blocksize works for me. A solid and reliable way to store and transfer money. I don't care about fees and transaction time.

As far as being able to have value on both chains, that does not make any sense economically. The original Bitcoin was obtained through some means presumably a transaction. How is Bitcoin cash going to just create value out of thin air?

If the chain splits then a key that held 10 bitcoins could stay at 10 bitcoins or you would convert to Bitcoin cash at some rate.

How is it that someone that had those 10 bitcoins would have an equal conversion amount of Bitcoin cash? If you convert to BCH then you effectively are buying BCH. Your BTC should be gone.

If the market cap of the original Bitcoin is say 70 billion and it splits through a fork you could only credit the people who choose to convert to BCH or if an exchange converted it for you. They can't just give you an equal amount on both BTC and BCH.

The reason I say it is a scam is because if the BCH Bitcoin Cash people are colluding with the exchanges that have specifically voiced their support, then they could do anything they wanted.

This BCH coin does not even exist and there is no reason it should be riding the coattails of the original. If these guys are so smart and whatnot then they would have just created a coin that makes them happy. So the only reasonable thing to ascertain is that it is some sort of scam. Especially when no one is really answering questions in a straight forward manner.

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:26 pm

So, in that sense a 2MB blocksize works for me. A solid and reliable way to store and transfer money. I don't care about fees and transaction time.
Billions of people who want both a store of value AND care about fees and transaction time for making life-essential small purchases, would disagree with you.

Why don't YOU switch to an alt-coin?
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:55 pm

pool.Bitcoin.com now offers mining support for Bitcoin Cash
If you point your miners to stratum.bcc.pool.bitcoin.com:3333 you'll mine on Bitcoin Cash
topic7039.html

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:54 am

Okay. And then what can you say about the new "REcoin" token?
I think you should ask about it in the alt coin sub-forum instead of in the Bitcoin Cash Mega Thread.
topic7039.html

Captain Corporate
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:23 pm

According to Coin Dance BITCOIN CASH IS NOW AALLLIIIIVEEEE!!!

Hurraaayy for all of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c

bryanj4
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 165McMntWgEUG5ed1fa672Jdq5V6BrPtND

Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:48 pm

Anyone know the hashrate of BCC vs BTC? I'm looking for a website that has commentary or some sort of live chat on the whole situation if anyone knows of a good place.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:10 pm

Anyone know the hashrate of BCC vs BTC? I'm looking for a website that has commentary or some sort of live chat on the whole situation if anyone knows of a good place.
A great site to follow the progress is: https://www.btcforkmonitor.info/

I am currently watching this live feed but there is probably more going: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1kMJ8evhsw
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

col8b

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:08 pm

I have some BTC on my Bitcoin.com wallet. If I understand it well, after the splitting, I have recieved the same amount in BCC. But where are they, and how to get access to them? The wallet only supports BTC.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:48 pm

I have some BTC on my Bitcoin.com wallet. If I understand it well, after the splitting, I have recieved the same amount in BCC. But where are they, and how to get access to them? The wallet only supports BTC.
The wallet is currently being forked to support BCC, when that happens you should be able to just download the update and import your back up to receive the BCC.
If you can't wait for the upgrade you should be able to import your backup into another wallet.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

X90
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Jeff Garzik said the Hash rate of BCC is maybe 1 % and that it will take 24 hours to mine the block.

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:23 pm

First block has been mined! Aug. 1, 2017, 1:07 p.m. UTC

https://www.btcforkmonitor.info

Coinbase text: _M*/ViaBTC/Welcome to the world, Shuya Yang!/q30c

Size of block: 1,915.18kB!!! CONGRATS EVERYONE!
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

lethos3
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:26 pm

Last edited by lethos3 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaso

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi all I have a ledger wallet and have tested the waters by sending a small amount of bitcoin to my bitcoin cash on the split side. It has been sent and the send to address is all correct but its been nearly 24hrs and it still has not appeared in the bitcoin cash split side. Anyone have any answers to this issue

RobJ
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi all I have a ledger wallet and have tested the waters by sending a small amount of bitcoin to my bitcoin cash on the split side. It has been sent and the send to address is all correct but its been nearly 24hrs and it still has not appeared in the bitcoin cash split side. Anyone have any answers to this issue
I am far from an expert, but from what I have learned, your BCH split from your BTC at the time of the fork. Therefore, your BCH was split from, and separate from, your BTC from that point forward. So, sending BTC to your ledger wallet only sent BTC...your BCH remains at the source from which you sent the BTC. So, in essence, you sent BTC, but only BTC...not the associated BCH as it is no longer "connected" to your BTC. You just cannot see it yet until the source you sent from, creates a BCH wallet.

Again, do not take this as gospel...hopefully someone else will confirm or correct any part I have wrong, but wanted to at least give you an idea of what might be happening.
Bitcoin: 1HpvihS8CVjh28arUVzVrbpkNY8r9VY9xm

Jaso

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Where I sent it from was my ledger wallet. So what's happened is I sent Bitcoin from the ledger wallet to the Bitcoin Cash on the split side of the ledger wallet.

Jaso

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:24 pm

I am far from an expert, but from what I have learned, your BCH split from your BTC at the time of the fork. Therefore, your BCH was split from, and separate from, your BTC from that point forward. So, sending BTC to your ledger wallet only sent BTC...your BCH remains at the source from which you sent the BTC. So, in essence, you sent BTC, but only BTC...not the associated BCH as it is no longer "connected" to your BTC. You just cannot see it yet until the source you sent from, creates a BCH wallet.

Again, do not take this as gospel...hopefully someone else will confirm or correct any part I have wrong, but wanted to at least give you an idea of what might be happening.

Where I sent it from was my ledger wallet. So what's happened is I sent Bitcoin from the ledger wallet to the Bitcoin Cash on the split side of the ledger wallet.

Jaso

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi All
I hope you can help or give me some insight with this minor issue I have.
I have a ledger Nano S wallet. If you are familiar with this product and since the fork a few days ago when you connect to the ledger Nano S wallet using the app on Google chrome it gives you 2 options bitcoin and bitcoin cash.
If I select bitcoin on the left side it takes me to my bitcoin wallet, where I can see my main bitcoin total. If I select bitcoin cash, I am given two options: main or split. When I select main I can see that the money that was promised after the fork occurred has been deposited and it also has the same wallet address as my main bitcoin wallet.
If I connect to the Bitcoin cash split side it has a different wallet address.
What I have done is send some bitcoin from the main bitcoin wallet to the split Bitcoin cash wallet doing this within my ledger Nano S wallet app. The addresses all are ok and when I check the transaction in the main bitcoin wallet it has been confirmed 250 plus times and counting as we speak but for some reason it does not appear in my other wallet on the ledger device.
It has been 24 hrs since I sent the money. Could it be that as it is a new fork it could take some time before it appears in my Bitcoin Cash wallet. I have followed it on this link and it is there and unspent but as I said above it does not appear in my ledger wallet.
https://blockchain.info/tx-index/272322634
https://blockchain.info/address/1Nxk5Wa ... vANUAG8Wvu
Not sure what else to do
Thanks everyone for your advice and help in advance.

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:46 pm

If you sent Bitcoin to a Bitcoin Cash wallet, it won't appear. They are two separate blockchains now.

I'm not sure, but the private key you created for the Bitcoin Cash wallet should still be valid on the Bitcoin chain. Export the wallet.dat file from your empty Bitcoin Cash wallet, then import it to a Bitcoin wallet app. Your coins might be there.

Hope you find them!

luck777

Donate BTC of your choice to 1CbkUVJx6kXqYPZt3MTGeoABoZuhDzHfuJ

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:15 pm

ALL MY BCC JUST DISAPPEARED FROM MY ELECTRON CASH WALLET!!! hi every one, need some help or explanation, because I use electron cash to get my BCC, I follow the instructions of electrum.org I send my BTC from my electrum wallet to a new BTC electrum wallet I wait to the transaccion be complet, so I use my old seed now empty of bitcoins for export to the electron cash, and my BCC appears to my new BCC wallet, from here everything ok, so I make two small transfers of my BCC to bittrex I get my BCC in bittrex, but ALL THE REST OF MY BCC (ALMOST 90%) OF MY ELECTRON WALLET JUST DESAPPEAR, AND THE WALLET SHOW ME THE LAST TRANSACTION OF BTC BUT NOTHING ABOUT BCC ¡¡¡¡¡AND NOW MY BCC WALLET IS EMPTY!!!!!!! WHATS HAPPEN SOUNDS LIKE SOME INTERFERENCE OF THE TWO BLOCKCHAINS some one can helpme pls, thanks : (

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Donate BTC of your choice to 1NastyFRkeUTmMdbMmzggDVTQA6r3ibUoX

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:38 pm

ALL MY BCC JUST DISAPPEARED FROM MY ELECTRON CASH WALLET!!! hi every one, need some help or explanation, because I use electron cash to get my BCC, I follow the instructions of electrum.org I send my BTC from my electrum wallet to a new BTC electrum wallet I wait to the transaccion be complet, so I use my old seed now empty of bitcoins for export to the electron cash, and my BCC appears to my new BCC wallet, from here everything ok, so I make two small transfers of my BCC to bittrex I get my BCC in bittrex, but ALL THE REST OF MY BCC (ALMOST 90%) OF MY ELECTRON WALLET JUST DESAPPEAR, AND THE WALLET SHOW ME THE LAST TRANSACTION OF BTC BUT NOTHING ABOUT BCC ¡¡¡¡¡AND NOW MY BCC WALLET IS EMPTY!!!!!!! WHATS HAPPEN SOUNDS LIKE SOME INTERFERENCE OF THE TWO BLOCKCHAINS some one can helpme pls, thanks : (
Make sure you're connecting to a server that is using the right chain. Sounds like you may have moved your BTC and then connected your BCC client to a server on the other chain.

However, without you providing specifics like an address, this is just a guess.

andrzej.srankiewicz
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:39 pm

The Coinbase cryptocurrency exchange has decided to work on adding support for bitcoin cash (BCH) by January 1, 2018. A similar announcement was made by the GDAX (Global Digital Asset Exchange) exchange.

According to the official post on Coinbase’s blog, customers with balances of bitcoin at the time of the fork now have an equal quantity of bitcoin cash stored by Coinbase, and once Bitcoin cash trading is added, customers will be able to withdraw bitcoin cash as well.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/coinbase-and-gdax- ... coin-cash/

Jaso

Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:59 am

If you sent Bitcoin to a Bitcoin Cash wallet, it won't appear. They are two separate blockchains now.

I'm not sure, but the private key you created for the Bitcoin Cash wallet should still be valid on the Bitcoin chain. Export the wallet.dat file from your empty Bitcoin Cash wallet, then import it to a Bitcoin wallet app. Your coins might be there.

Hope you find them!
Thanks for all your help Grey
Found the issue and have fixed the problem so if anyone out there is experiencing the same don't worry its all good follow instructions below

1) Open the Bitcoin Chrome wallet 2) Choose Bitcoin 3) Go to receive (down point arrow) and copy the address 4) Go to Settings -> Blockchains 5) Click on "Show advanced option" 6 At the bottom of the page click on "The recovery tool" 7) Send all your BTC to the address you copied

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:09 am

Good to hear you got it sorted, Jaso! :)

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:44 am

Roger, congratulations on this milestone. It's exciting to see real growth in bitcoin. Without growth we have nothing.

Without growth we'd still be riding horses and writing letters to each other. Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't want to be anyone's pen pal!

I look forward to seeing where this thing takes us all!

lethos3
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Last edited by lethos3 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bitcoin Cash”