jelicage

BCH stuck in bitcoin.com wallet

Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:56 am

Hi
I am running a Bitcoin.com wallet on iOS (latest iPhone6+)
version is 4.0.3

I cannot send BCH, after scanning the recipient, there is only a "Transfer to wallet" card/button which does nothing
The wallet seems stuck there

I am REALLY worried now

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: BCH stuck in bitcoin.com wallet

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi
I am running a Bitcoin.com wallet on iOS (latest iPhone6+)
version is 4.0.3

I cannot send BCH, after scanning the recipient, there is only a "Transfer to wallet" card/button which does nothing
The wallet seems stuck there

I am REALLY worried now
To send your Bitcoin Cash (BCH) out of your Bitcoin.com Wallet simply tap on "send" and enter the Bitcoin Cash address you want to send BCH to.
On the next screen make sure BCH is selected, enter the bitcoin amount you want to send and tap on [-->]
You can send the maximum amount by tapping on the 3 dots icon at the top right

The fee will now be calculated and a page displayed showing you details of the transaction you are about to send.
Please double check that the amount and address you are about to send BCH to is all correct, if everything is correct just swipe to send. (If you have a spending password set you will have to enter that now)

Please note that because transactions on the bitcoin (BTC/BCH) network cannot be reversed it is always recommended that you copy and paste a bitcoin addresses rather than typing them, and always double check the address you pasted is correct.

Bitcoin.com does not have access to your private keys and therefore we have no control over funds in your wallet or any transactions made.

Please have a look at our getting started section: https://www.bitcoin.com/getting-started/
And wallet FAQ page: https://walletsupport.bitcoin.com
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

jelicage

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:45 pm

That is the problem,
There is no "On the next screen make sure BCH is selected,"

I cannot get to the next screen :cry: :cry: :cry:

I will try to recover using another wallet provider

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:41 pm

That is the problem,
There is no "On the next screen make sure BCH is selected,"

I cannot get to the next screen :cry: :cry: :cry:

I will try to recover using another wallet provider
Sorry i re-read your original post and can see that you are scanning a QR code.

This should be very easy to send BCH with the new update. Just select "scan" from the bottom menu and as soon as you scan the QR code of the address you want to send BCH to it should display a page with 3 options
* Add as a contact
* Send payment to this address
* copy to clipboard

If you select "Send payment to this address" it should take you straight to the page for you to enter the amount you want to send, here is where you double check to make sure BCH is selected, if BTC is shown then just tap on this till it changes to BCH, now just enter the amount and press [-->]
You should now have the sending page displayed, check all details are correct and swipe to send.

Please let me know if this works, if it doesn't please let me know what happens after you scan the QR code.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Return to “Bitcoin Cash”