User7269

Is it possible to recover coins you’ve sent out? How do I track down bitcoin that I sent to a friend

Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:45 am

Hi I am new to bitcoin and need to know if I can recover coins I have sent out to a address I can’t access or locate

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Is it possible to recover coins you’ve sent out? How do I track down bitcoin that I sent to a friend

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:39 pm

Hi I am new to bitcoin and need to know if I can recover coins I have sent out to a address I can’t access or locate
Hi,

You could contact the owner of the address (you mentioned that you sent the transaction to a friend) and ask them to send the bitcoins back to you.

If you need more help can you please provide more details in regard to exactly what happened. Also is this in regard to sending BTC to a BCH wallet, or vice-versa?

You can also search the address you sent to (and also the transaction ID, if you have it) on a public block explorer such as:

Bitcoin Cash (BCH) - https://explorer.bitcoin.com/bch

Bitcoin (BTC) - https://explorer.bitcoin.com/btc

Please provide as much detail as possible but NEVER share you private key(s) or mnemonic seed (backup phrase / recovery phrase) with anyone.

WalletInvestor
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Re: Is it possible to recover coins you’ve sent out? How do I track down bitcoin that I sent to a friend

Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:29 pm

Unfortunately I'm not sure there's a way to recover it unless you can contact the payee and get them to transfer your money back.
Check out the latest forecasts and news about cryptocurrencies, stocks, forex pairs and more on WalletInvestor.com

Return to “Beginners & Help”