Search found 21 matches

Go to advanced search

by avgeca
Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:04 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I'm Riccardo "fluffypony" Spagni of the Monero Core Team, Ask me anything!
Replies: 40
Views: 70773

Re: I'm Riccardo "fluffypony" Spagni of the Monero Core Team, Ask me anything!

heya, very cool and much needed AMA, puts a bit of faith back into bitcoin.com :)

my first question: what would be your personal top 3 services to accept monero?
by avgeca
Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:57 am
Forum: Gambling
Topic: Direcrbet.eu sportbooks
Replies: 3
Views: 2511

Re: Direcrbet.eu sportbooks

typo in the headline of your topic, must be direcTbet.eu ;)
by avgeca
Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:03 pm
Forum: Monero
Topic: Poloniex and monero
Views: 14937

Re: Poloniex and monero

how are you guys doing with security lately? you guys have put in a lot of work since that whole 12% theft fiasco, right? I'm not affiliated with poloniex in any way, but as far as I know polo made everyone affected whole again, thanks to the fees made on increased xmr trading more than a year ago.
by avgeca
Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:57 am
Forum: The Suggestion Box
Topic: Security bounties?
Replies: 5
Views: 4109

Re: Security bounties?

I second that proposal!
by avgeca
Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:53 am
Forum: Gambling
Topic: SafeDICE.com ★ Bitcoin Dice ★ Monero ★ Low 0.5% Edge ★ Fast Cashout ★ Since 2014
Replies: 11
Views: 8319

Re: SafeDICE.com ★ Bitcoin Dice ★ Monero Dice ★ Low 0.5% Edge ★ Fast Cashout ★ Fair

if someone is interested in the complete stats of safedice for bitcoin as well as monero, you should definitly check out dicesites.com.

you can also use the 3rd party verifier from dicesites.com to check your bets.
by avgeca
Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:48 am
Topic: Confidential transactions(CT) for monero
Views: 13412

Re: Confidential transactions(CT) for monero

NobleSir has published a whitepaper on confidential transactions on github with an ongoing discussion at /r/monero . very interesting read for especially everyone looking forward to zerocash implementations, since it combines the benefits of zc with the monero inherent auditing possibility. a littl...
by avgeca
Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:07 pm
Forum: Beginners & Help
Topic: The 10 Commandments of Internet Security & Online Privacy
Views: 3385

Re: The 10 Commandments of Internet Security & Online Privacy

What a nice sunday :) It's been a while, but I've finally found the time to compile another blog post. This time I'm focussing on anonymous domain registration & hosting All of the Top 3 domain registrars and hosts are accepting bitcoin of course. Have fun reading and feel free to leave a comment in...
by avgeca
Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:12 am
Topic: Confidential transactions(CT) for monero
Views: 13412

Confidential transactions(CT) for monero

NobleSir has published a whitepaper on confidential transactions on github with an ongoing discussion at /r/monero.

very interesting read for especially everyone looking forward to zerocash implementations, since it combines the benefits of zc with the monero inherent auditing possibility.
by avgeca
Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:15 pm
Forum: Project Development
Topic: Privacy.Bitcoin.com is coming soon!
Replies: 45
Views: 17477

Re: Privacy.Bitcoin.com is coming soon!

you dont need monero or another altcoin for that. you can do pretty much with bitcoin to gain better privacy. and someday there will be sidechains too. but i agree that there will be altcoins that target that niche-market for a long time. nope, that's wrong. currently you can't have the same anonym...
by avgeca
Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:37 am
Forum: Project Development
Topic: Privacy.Bitcoin.com is coming soon!
Replies: 45
Views: 17477

Re: Privacy.Bitcoin.com is coming soon!

bitcoin and real privacy are really hard to bring together at the moment. sad but true. and a mixer can only do so little compared to a real untracebale but still fungible crypto currency like monero. -> https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3o2yr8/coinalytics_unveils_blockchain_intelligence_tool...
by avgeca
Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:38 am
Forum: The Forum
Topic: Bitcoin.com now has a Warrant Canary page!
Replies: 27
Views: 24618

Re: Bitcoin.com now has a Warrant Canary page!

smart move, getting a warrant canary up on bitcoin.com :) I really appreciate that move, since my website is having a little warning birdy too.

@roger: If you haven't done so, you should apply to get listed on here canarywatch
by avgeca
Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:34 am

Good morning everyone, I've come up with a new blog post, taregting everyone who's looking for reliable and good information on privacy and security online. I've compiled a list of my personal => Top 10 Online Privacy & Internet Security Sites of 2015 The websites included in the Top 10 range from p...
by avgeca
Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:50 am

hello all, I've compiled a little blog post about how to create and manage secure passwords and what the minimum requirements for safety reasons should be. => How to create and manage strong & secure passwords The blog post also contains convenient tools for all operating systems & platforms(desktop...
by avgeca
Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:49 am

very cool, thanks a lot. I'll definitely check out your site :) edit: it appears not everyone is scrolling down on avoid-getting-caught.com, beaucse I get repeatedly asked to also present some useful, free & user-friendly privacy tools edit2: while I'm already at it, please also have a look at our b...
by avgeca
Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:23 am

The 10 Commandments of Internet Security & Online Privacy

Since lots of newbies get hacked or simply lack an idea of how to keep and protect their privacy and personal data online, I've come up with a list, educating about the minmum security measures everyone should follow. The 10 Commandments Of Internet Security & Online Privacy Thou shalt always be awa...
by avgeca
Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:14 pm
Topic: Poloniex and monero
Views: 14937

Re: Poloniex and monero

as an alternative for monero->bitcoin transactions people can also use https://xmr.to
by avgeca
Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:06 pm
Topic: Monero Resources
Views: 17203

Re: Monero Resources

ah, very cool, thanks for showing up fluffypony! 8-)
by avgeca
Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:01 am
Topic: What sub-forums would you like to see?
Replies: 39
Views: 33299

Re: What sub-forums would you like to see?

awesome, just found the monero board, thanks a lot! I'll try to get some useful content (probabaly a bit of copy and paste too) up today.
by avgeca
Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:58 am
Topic: Hello everyone!
Replies: 14
Views: 6192

Re: Hello everyone!

hi there everyone! first post to get used to this forum. any special features I should be aware of? Welcome! The direct embedding of youtube videos or tweets seems pretty useful. Examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgjrS-BPWDQ https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/643441285953515521 it definie...
by avgeca
Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:43 pm
Topic: What sub-forums would you like to see?
Replies: 39
Views: 33299

Re: What sub-forums would you like to see?

ah, finally found the right board :)

If I could only ask for one sub-forum it would definitely be a monero board in the altcoin section.
by avgeca
Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:19 pm
Topic: Hello everyone!
Replies: 14
Views: 6192

Re: Hello everyone!

hi there everyone! first post to get used to this forum. any special features I should be aware of? I see people are already busy creating useful content to win the competition, it appears rogers plan is paying off :) edit: since I'm already here, I do miss a monero board in the altcoin section of t...

Go to advanced search