shaggyau

Looking to buy Bitcoin in Australia

Fri May 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi i'm looking at buying Bitcoin from someone in Australia.

I will pay cash for you to transfer to my wallet.. we will meet up to make the exchange. I just want to see the procedure and how it works when transferring.

Please leave contact details and amount of bitcoin you own or wish to trade.

Look forward to working with you

Ciaran
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 32sgk27xxqb1KZiE1d4RtsqGMZ3suB1N2P

Re: Looking to buy Bitcoin in Australia

Fri May 11, 2018 12:38 pm

Hey shaggyau,

You could try localbitcoins.com. Always be careful when arranging to buy in person, I have heard of people getting robbed before, make sure you are dealing with a trusted source.

Local Bitcoins Australia - https://localbitcoins.com/instant-bitco ... ers=Search
Download your Bitcoin.com wallet HERE

shaggyau

Fri May 11, 2018 4:44 pm

thanks heaps for the insight!

swyftx

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:58 am

Hi shaggyau,

This may seem like a bit of a shameless plug but I would suggest checking us out http://swyftx.com.au/. We are a Aussie based crypto platform and we have some of the best prices out there - here to answer and questions about us if you have any.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Where abouts in Australia are you located?
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:10 pm

Is it legal to sell Bitcoins in person in Australia? Or is it operating without money transmitter license?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

Ashman

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:37 am

I have used a few different exchanges in Australia. I used BTC Markets for a while but I think their fees are way too high and I don't trust their system. Seems to be some funny business going on with auto trades.

Anyways, I found this new place called Bitcoin Australia (https://bitcoinaustralia.com). They are pretty good and their fees are reasonable. I'm going to stick with them unless someone else comes along with even cheaper fees.

Tom Jackson

Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Bitcoins is a trending Cryptocurrency in Australia, that has garnered a lot of attention in recent times. With the growing audience there has also been a significant rise in the Bitcoin Platforms that offer Easy Buying of Bitcoins in Australia - https://www.tyemanbtc.com/how-to-buy-bitcoin-australia whether its online or offline payments after getting registered,

Some of the famous Bitcoin Platforms include-
Coinjar
Coinspot
BitcoinBabe
Tyeman BTC
Paxful
and many more.

The main advantage of dealing with Bitcoins is that it can be done 24x7 there is no restriction of timings, also its also quite popular in other countries around the globe.

Loki11
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1M5yFYMAZ2pKBq1rngvAVVTcx5s1xUX2DV

Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:32 pm

Go to localbitcoins or try to make some deals on forum with people near you. Or try to go to cryptolinks where you will find sites to get you hooked up with people or sites to make an good exchange.

Demebaqy

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:12 am

Frome the comment above I can highlight Coinspot, they have good support, use them for a while :)

Iota Coin

Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:18 pm

You can read this CoinSpot Review, You can buy Bitcoin, Iota, Ethereum, Kin coin & several others Crypto coins at Coinspot.

vanityaddrs
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpk

Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:35 pm

Hi shaggyau,

This may seem like a bit of a shameless plug but I would suggest checking us out http://swyftx.com.au/. We are a Aussie based crypto platform and we have some of the best prices out there - here to answer and questions about us if you have any.
Nice platform! :)
BTC bc1qthrhmdmfawq6w4lzmjrce3reuxt06pvvnhpkj6

adamron

Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:27 pm

I'd personally avoid Coin Spot

My first experience with them has been full of surprises.

I passed all ID verification (passport, photo of me, photo of me with my passport, photo of me with my passport with a piece of paper with the information they wanted written on it).

I paid $4,000 to buy Bitcoin.

When I went to withdraw Bitcoin they said they wanted to call me. Why? I've passed all your ID checks. They said they tried to call but the number was disconnected. Weird.

So I provided them with an alternative number to call me on. To do that I had to upload a photo of me, holding my passport, holding a piece of paper, requesting the phone number change. Really? That’s the first platform I’ve ever used where I can’t simply change my email or mobile number and use email / SMS confirmations to approve the change. But anyway. I complied.

They then said they tried to call me but the number was disconnected. What utter lies. 2 number that don't work?

Around in circles we went, at one point them telling me I needed to send in a photo of me holding my passport.... and so on endless "customer service" loop I went.

They even asked me to call them but provided no phone number. When I asked for a phone number they refused to provide one.

Currently we are in a standoff where they say my phone number doesn't work. I've even sent a video of me calling myself using 2 mobile phones. My number works just fine.

As a first time customer and seemingly no way to get my money from them, I'm worried about whether I've been completely scammed or not.

Return to “Australia”