Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
Questionaire

Re: I’m Stephen Pair, Co-Founder & CEO of BitPay, Ask me anything!

Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:20 am

Give me 10BTC
How i can be valuable to get them?

CryptKeeper
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1KA7KBJaRVLqZNJj4QJAJzs1yVEN5zG91

Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi,

I wonder if there are any compliance issues with your service in Europe.

I've seen a few websites which uses bitpay for payment in my country (germany) but not one shop accepting bitcoins through the ingenico credit card terminal (though this is used in our shops quite often).
Follow me on twitter for the latest news on bitcoin and altcoins and I'll follow you back the same day!
Don't miss the free Byteball airdrop! byteball.org

Lwilly

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Stephen, I am very new to bitcoin. I recently opened an account:

(1) set up coin base
(2) set up wallet chainblock
(30 Had $200 sent to my chain block wallet.

I never received any Emails from chain block and when I try to sign into my account it say wrong information. I go to the area to retrieve my information by putting in my Email and entering the scrambled code, but chain block send me nothing (to my Email). I am truly stuck is there anything I can do ? I have $200 in the wallet I would like to move out

Thanks

Lwilly

dunst4n

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Fbd4fP4Dz2iGGY8w8HDAQYfrv9BwFD7RM

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi Stephen,

It's really cool of you to give back like this... so thank you!

I have 2 questions actually... if that's ok?

1. With the impending EU legislative changes, what would you think about starting an exchange in a "tax haven"?

2. If you were going to advise people on how to maintain anonymity with Bitcoin, what would you suggest to them?

Thank you for your time.

Cheers
Dunstan

algoStrategic
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:51 pm

What do you think about incorporating a service like shapeshift, which allows people to pay with altcoins, without having to alter your core product?
Need More Customers And Increased Profits? Learn More About Internet Marketing - https://algostrategic.com/

We Accept Bitcoin and Altcoins

Jkopty

Sun May 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Hello Stephen, I have been trying to get a hold of bitcoin for several months now since I lost quite a bit of money through a transaction whereby I was sending money to someone without my email being confirmed. As a result, my money was lost in the web and neither the receiving end nor I ever saw that money again. How do I proceed from here to get a return since it is impossible to contact anyone at bitcoin for some type of resolution??

duardonme

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:21 pm

Can someone help me find my bitcoin? I have a user name a password and the account I used to buy it. However, the wallet is no longer on my desktop and the garbage was empties. Please help :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

koiseptember

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:08 am

Thanks for answering my earlier questions; one more for you, if you don't mind! In your opinion, what are the greatest advantages for merchants and consumers to using BitPay over traditional payment processors (such as Visa or Mastercard)?

goldenslot

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:57 am

Hi,

I wonder if there are any compliance issues with your service in Europe.

I've seen a few websites which uses bitpay for payment in my country (germany) but not one shop accepting bitcoins through the ingenico credit card terminal (though this is used in our shops quite often).
I'd also like to know this. EU can be tight on server regulations.
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

michaelwright

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:48 am

Hello my name is Michael and I am a registered member of the make bitcoinmilions sight and I was asked if I want to register for a change to win cash and prizes competition. So I will be regersted for my chance to win a a few days later I received a email stating that I have won 1st prize and that I have to decide whether I want to have my prize money put into my bitcoins accoun or whether I want to have my prize money deposited into my private bank account. So I tried to Reply to your email with my decision but I keep getting told that my email wasn't received an I have been trying to get in contact with you guys for a few weeks now. Can you please help me with this issue. Thanks

Marcusdemaria

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:58 am

hi Stephen
I am shooting a TV programme about Cryptocurrencies and the Blockchain next week on 24th and am looking for 'experts' to interview. Do you know of anyone in the London area who would be willing to be interviewed?
It is not live - we can reshoot and they can see the footage before it is aired
Can you help?
thanks

casper

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:41 pm

After pondering the inns and outs of my new bit pay card I often wonder why doesn't bit pay follow suite with uquid and accept BCC tokens it would be a huge service to the majority of profit makers opposed to bitcoins super high transaction fees... this pay by bit coin only regulation is beginning to smells like big brother doing a slow takeover....most will use uquid if big brother lets us no one seems to know for sure however wisdom dictates' we should have more than one basket to put our eggs in..yes it smells like big brother has a grip on something not too many choices for us Americans. Does bit pay have the power to overcome this?

azerot

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:21 am

Hello! I want to Ask you!;)

Read a lot of forums on cloud mining. Came to the conclusion that with constantly increasing computing power that`s gonna be difficult to earn. So I payed my attention to the Mining Now project http://miningnow.online/. The company that constantly improves its computing power, that means your investments will only grow in value.

margaret.santone

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:14 pm

How do I find a person by name who may be a trader on localbitcoins.com

margaret.santone

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:16 pm

Why aren't people using their real name or better still why isn't it compulsory to use your I'd?

margaret.santone

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:27 pm

I have had a person conduct a fraud on me using Bitcoin for the purpose of taking my money! How is this enabled?

Nortric

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:40 am

Is this video of Satoshi Nakamoto real or fake? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkH0tmTfKbs
Cant't finde anything else about it other then the link i found on a webpage then the link they are providing. This is it except the clickid thingy. https://btc-mine.org

In other words, is phase 2 bitcoin mine live and real?

hosia.oliver

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:46 pm

I am having trouble connecting my bitcoin.com wallet to pay for and use bitpay visa. Can anyone help

lancenegrete

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:27 pm

i have a question? so i just purchased some bitcoin and it didn't send to my wallet. i got a link from blockchain and they put my money in that wallet. so i can go to the wallet but i can't do anything with it. how do i transfer that money to my actual bitcoin wallet?

KFlucas937

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Q2R2PJgMJkfNWm364pPDhtfPkMkk6R4Ni

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:21 am

Hello Mr. Pair. My name is Ken Flucas. I am very interested in investing in Bitcoin. The more research I do on it the more confused I become & the more questions I have. It would help me to better understand if I could get simple, straight forward, honest, no beating around the bush answers to a few questions. At this point, what i need to know is, how does Bitcoin obtain value? What causes that value to fluctuate? How to buy Bitcoin as an investor? How much does Bitcoin cost to invest? What is the minimum amount required to invest? How do i monitor my investment? How does my investment grow to become profitable? How do i turn my Bitcoin profits into cash in my hand or bank account?

KingSpence

Donate BTC of your choice to 14Tj14BGY9oZWXcwboEsUWYLTo8spZFZ

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:25 am

My recovery phrase is'nt working, let alone symplex approved my payment yesterday and it still hasnt show up?

any insight on where to go from here would be appreciated....

Also would like to add, that I'm down 150usd because of this, and symplex email is shotty at best

torkjoh

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi, I take the libery to ask you as well as the others «Ask me members».
I’ve done som serious research on exchanges for buing, storing and withdrawal crypto. I find it almost impossible to find a solid and trustwurthy exchange without negative experiences from users. Especially withdrawal theses days. I use Trezor for storing, and evaluating Ledger Nano S as a second wallet, but its really hard to find exchanges to trust AND withdraw the crypto without problems with transactions. I have solutions for Bitcoin and Ethereum but altcoins is the main problem. Poloniex, Bittrex, and a really great number of other exchanges just get negative feedback nowadays and lots of users are screaming about the withdrawal problems.
Mostly I notice inputs like scams, keep out, dont use, Unserious, I cant get my money, no support, and so on.
Really frustrating. I just want to buy different altcoins at an exchange and transfer them to my hard wallet without any problems. I also want a wallet to store Golum GNT which I find diffucult. Even the MyEtherWallet system and Exodus desktop storage has negative feedback.
Any recommendation for solid exchanges with only positive experiences and feedback not holding you awake at night ?
Thank you for reading this post and Please advice
JT

KingNetjer

Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:24 pm

Ok, I cant find the option to ask a Question so Im just posting a reply and hopefully someone responds to this PLEASE HELP! I set up my Crypto currency through coin base and I have money in my Bitcoin accoutnt. But when I go to the actual Bitcoin App it says I have 0 and Im trying to use the App to get a Bitpay card, anyone, PLEASE HELP, frustrated

BitCoinFever

Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi,

Im wanting to start a bitcoin ATM. The impression im getting, I may be wrong is, some of the larger networks with BTM's have whole areas sewn up, and some companies making the bitcoin atms don't want to do any business but with their select few clients. Any comment? And just how hard is it to get into the Bitcoin atm business? Some states like Wv have outlawed bitcoin atm's all together. What bitcoin manuf would you recommend, and... will they sell to people outside of their little group? Im worried some companies may be just collecting info, and hadning it over to their big clients, letting them know who the competition is. Can't wait to hear the answer on this one :)

CryptoForTrade
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:20 am

BitPay is amazing. Thank you

CryptoBeans
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:36 pm

Your work is for respect.

DewieGolf

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PHJnYEKoMXGxcxjuPGaXTjzLPYPLgjzh

Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:02 am

Hi Stephen; I am totally new to the whole bitcoin system, and I want to add it as a payment option on my website for my Online Golf Coaching.

How do I go about setting up a link from my website to my bitcoin wallet?

Thanks in advance.

zoneforcrypto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:57 pm

What do you think about crypto in general

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”