Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
LegacyConfirm

Re: I'm Sam Lee, CEO of Bitcoin Group, Ask Me Anything :)

Mon May 22, 2017 8:29 am

It`s nice to see more stores accept bitcoin as a payment. You have made nice decision when started working with bitcoin

koiseptember

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:02 am

Thanks so much for your patience, I haven't had a chance to formulate a viewpoint on my favorite BIP yet, but seeing this is a raging issue, I did give a call Jacob Cheng (Operations Director) to get his view-point.

goldenslot

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:29 pm

Which are in your opinion most promising cryptos apart from BTC itself?
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

MrDD
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Hello Sam Lee,

Can you please tell me how can I get my private key from bitcoin.com wallet?

Seems its official bitcoin wallet but there is no console or anything, its built based on chrome browser extension.

Please how can I get my private key, cause I need to include it into BitCoin ABC to get my BCCs.

Thanks in advance,
MrDD

kingcoinbase
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:40 am

How much money did you spend on creating one site?? I want to know. If this is something you don't want to talk in public, you can send me a private message. Thank you!

YashrajSoni

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:30 am

Can you tell me whether Bitcoin Wallet is native or Hybrid app

mubarak.elkindy

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:12 pm

I received payment in my bitcoin.com wallet.
Now I'm trying to send some amount lower than that but I'm being asked to buy more bitcoins. The site says I have insufficient funds.
Kindly assist.
My balance is 0.003543 btc, I want to pay 0.003.

rizzlarolla
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:35 pm

I received payment in my bitcoin.com wallet.
Now I'm trying to send some amount lower than that but I'm being asked to buy more bitcoins. The site says I have insufficient funds.
Kindly assist.
My balance is 0.003543 btc, I want to pay 0.003.
This AMA, and nearly all other AMA's here, (except a few recent uninvited AMA participants like OGnasty) is closed.
This AMAtook place nearly 2 years ago.

Why are these AMA threads left open to spammers to drive any previous good discussion into the ground.

btw mubarak.elkindy - "our newest member", you probably don't own enough bitcoin to cover Greg max's tx fee's.
Never mind you cant be too bothered, loading up some your photo seemed to be more important to you?
I recently found one good store called asic-minerworld.com. The quality of goods there is very good, delivery is fast, thank you very much))! Asic-minerworld.com
I can't believe you are still allowed to keep posting this shit, ffs.

Bennybendol

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:18 am

Hi, I'm buying bitcoins from an exchange called bitcoin.co.id
My question is, WHAT IF someday this exchange's website shut down? What will happen to my coins? Will they be gone?
Thanks

NickM

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi, Sam, what's your idea about investing in new token through their ICOs? For example, these guys here claim they offer a new strategy with lower risks and investements in private equity? https://medium.com/fundcoins/fundcoin-i ... 32a95fb241

alina.negoescu

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Hello,

I'm curious about bitcoin, because I'm new here. I've watched the grafics and by the summer is a growth(increase) of bitcoin, so should I buy by autumn or winter for example? Or it's not sure how will increase or decrease? By the way, it's amaizing this platform and lot of informations. Congrats!
Alina from Romania

helpmeplease

Need help finding old account

Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi Sam Lee,

I opened an account many years ago when BitCoin very first started but unfortunately I forgot all about it for years, and have since forgotten my password, username, all that basic information. I can't even get into my old hotmail email as I can't security answer questions from so long ago. But given my personal information i.e. full name , birthday, etc. is there some way I can have some one find my account?
Thank you

BitcoinEther

Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi Sam,

How does one become a developer of bitcoin and ether and help make the platform better? Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BitcoinEther

Happy.singh.1

Centralizing cryptocurrencies

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:27 am

Please tell me the difficulties in centralizing bitcoin, if we track the activities of all computers it became possible to centralize btc and make it more original by adding some properties to every btc unit..

Abel

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:28 am

Hello! I have earned some money and now I want to buy BTC to save them. I think I'll use it often for online shopping. I don't really know how to do this securely. That's why I decided to use the most popular wallet, but I cannot find any usage statistics. Could you help me with googling? =)

john.powell

Help? Lost my 12 word phrase

Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:49 pm

I was using the Bread wallet App in November 2016 and have the information
showing the coins transferring to the Bitcoin App in April of 2017. I have
accidently delete my Bitcoin APP from my IPhone 7 and have never used any kind
APP on my computer. I have lost me 12 Word Phrase. Will the IPhone 7 have
the wallet.dat file? Is there any to recover my coins?
Thank you,
John Powell
512-554-5193
jpowellgo@gmail.com

tonytony208

Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 am

Hey All,

Someone claimed to be a marketing officer with bitmain. He told me that he has antminer S9 and that I could invest in one of the slots in his mining pool; he said minimum Investment is 0.2btc. I told him I could only afford $70. He then promised to help balance it up after I promise that I would pay him back. he connected my wallet to antminer s9. Then few hours later, I discovered that the $70 was not in my bitcoin wallet anymore. I asked him why, he said the antminer had retained my money because the $70 was too small. He then said he wouldn't be able to add the balance anymore, that I would need to get the rest of the money by mysel. He said the antminer wouldn't release my fund or mine bitcoin for me if I don't balance up to 0.2 btc. Please, what do you think about the scenario above? Is that how antminer works? Can someone mine bitcoin from another person's hardware? Or is this a scam? Please I need your professional advice on this.

tonytony208

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:17 pm

It`s nice to see more stores accept bitcoin as a payment. You have made nice decision when started working with bitcoin

Do you ever reply any message?

mad321

ABC Bitcoin Wallet

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:54 am

Earlier (before the hard fork) I have sent 0.25 BTC from my Coinbase wallet to the desktop Bitcoin ABC wallet in order to get the bonus BCC, I only can see now 0.25 BCC but could not see my BTC!
Did they steal it? any explanation?

Norhan

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:24 pm

So I'm doing this work online, and the website states that I could be paid through bitcoins, I don't quite understand the process, forgive me, but could you please help me understand if I could change those bitcoins back to real life money or they're simple ways of online trade only? If the first then what should be my steps of action?
Thank you so much, I apologise if there's any inconvenience.

braeside387

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Hi Sam,

I sent tried to send 2 btc from Gdax to Trezor wallet yesterday. Coin never arrived and the Block Chain Explorer does not recognize the address a2dbdd1e-903c-4ac8-82ad-a250894b6250 . Any idea on how to recover btc?

Thank you for your time.

Dean

David kwag^^

Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:52 am

2017 10 13 11:18pm local time of adelaide australia GMT +10:30. My position short was automatically closed of 5628.59 but 11:18 and 11:19 didnt reached sell rate 5610 at all from their chart. I know buy rate is higher than sell rate. Requested evidence still waiting. If that is not closed may profit of 5000 dollars. Please anyone check that time for bitcoin from chart. Down to 5500 close rate. If i am right this app cant trust when you are not looking 24hrs and 7. Anyone check from other bitcoin chart when i mentioned time advise me. I got their chart and close position for evidence. Any one calculate their premium on that time??

JenniferTomaselli

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:00 am

Hi Sam,

Is there any way to find out if I have any bitcoins besides looking through email?

I recall buying some many years ago when they were pennies and well, I have been cyber, email hacked a couple of times and I have had brain surgery & treatment. (I forget stuff!)
And well, my son was talking about bitcoins the other day and I recalled that I had purchased these coins when they were only pennies.

How would I ever be able to know?

Curiously,
Jennifer

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:13 am

Hi Sam,

Is there any way to find out if I have any bitcoins besides looking through email?

I recall buying some many years ago when they were pennies and well, I have been cyber, email hacked a couple of times and I have had brain surgery & treatment. (I forget stuff!)
And well, my son was talking about bitcoins the other day and I recalled that I had purchased these coins when they were only pennies.

How would I ever be able to know?

Curiously,
Jennifer
Hi Jennifer,

The thread you've posted in is about a bitcoin mining company called "Bitcoin Group."

You being a brand new member and this being your first post (and based on the content of your post) I think that you may have just happened to arrive at the forum at the same time that this old thread (about mining) was on the front page (due to a new reply from a different member).

When you saw "Bitcoin Group" in the title of this thread you may have decided to post your question here.

However, based on the content of your post it appears that you are visiting the forum to request help with gaining access (if possible) to bitcoin which you indicate that you bought years ago back when a bitcoin was worth less than a dollar.

We may be able to help (we'd certainly like to try). I have a couple of questions for you:

(1) Do you remember where you bought the bitcoin from?

(2) Do you have access to the same computer (or at least the hard drive) that was used back then?

If I hear back from you I'll probably split this post away from this thread into a thread of its own and perhaps other members then will join into the discussion so that we may be able to help you get access to your bitcoin.

Thank you.

GordonHayes

Bitcoin Address

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:32 am

Hi I've just registered on Bitcoin and wish to purchase, but it appears I need a Bitcoin Address to do so. How do I get one?

GordonHayes

smartmanjp

Donate BTC of your choice to 12JBcMe9yY8k9oKmfwQeAabbciGrBG1sjb

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:06 am

here my Problem Last Friday the 13th I send 2538.90 Bitcoin to Bitmain Company whois the Manufacture the S9 for Bitcoin mining Since today they keeping tell me they not received the bitcoin ? what action I have to take I send to them the proof of Bitcoin sent to they address
I do send the Attachments with the proof of payment

SO can you help me I can not loose this money is a lot of money for me

T.Owens

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:48 am

Hello Sam,

I first purchased my bitcoins on a site that was confiscated by the gov. (coinmx.com) for tax evasion! They shut the site down, and we have never been able to recover my coins? I have a combinations for my coins, just lack the knowledge to be able to retrieve them.

Please help any way you can ty, Terry Owens!

Values

Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:03 am

WHAT IS SPARKLE COIN?

problemsolver

Donate BTC of your choice to 1LjTNKr8aFFvky4VmikvfrNPDzxCi7zdF3

Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:10 am

hello sir. i am not very familiar with bitcoin. what are the basic i need to learn?

r999eel

Donate BTC of your choice to r999eelinbradford121

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:00 am

Hi I think I bought some bitcoin back when it first launched, and forgot about it basically. I am wanting to trace if I do or don't own some. How would I go about tracing this?

Thanks

Raheel

Just read another post Sam. I don't think I know where I bought them but I do have a PC which I may have used to purchase the bit coin. What would be the next step?

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”