Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
mohitjain

Re: I'm Roger Ver, the first Bitcoin angel investor, ask me anything!

Sun May 28, 2017 8:48 am

Hi, I have purchased BTC worth of 100USD through credit card. Simplex debit my account. With USD 112.5 but I don't receive any confirmation or any transection I'd from simplex. Please can u help me?. How can I track that transection. My email I'd is jain.mohit09@gmail.com
Regards
Mohit

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Sun May 28, 2017 9:18 am

Hi Roger.
I'm completely new to the bitcoinworld, am not technical, with very little cash but very interested in buying 1 whole bitcoin now, and possibly mining through your recommended sources. Is that possible at all?

Considering I don't yet know the first thing about choosing a wallet / setting up a wallet if this is even the right way to say it, and the actual act of buying bitcoin:
Is there a place to access a tutorial on bitcoin.com on how to ..?

I'm from South Africa and can't seem to find a reputable company where founders or top line management are without a badly checkered past, through whom to do the above.
This forum is likely the right place for you to get answers on all of those subjects.
I'm not so sure about South Africa specifically, but the wallets work world wide.
Install several of them and see which one you like.
You can also ask people in countries where it is easy to get bitcoin for them to pay you whenever they owe you money.

Welcome to the world of Bitcoin!
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

helmo

Mon May 29, 2017 2:04 pm

Thank you for the reply and the welcome Roger. I'm excited to be part of it and willing to learn more.

Can I buy and also mine through bitcoin.com?

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Mon May 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Can I buy and also mine through bitcoin.com?
You can buy bitcoin at buy.bitcoin.com
You can mine bitcoin at pool.bitcoin.com
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

helmo

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:37 pm

Thanks much, that was very helpful.

koiseptember

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:00 am

Thanks much for providing your insight on so many issues we all desire to hear from you on. I reached out to you way back in the day and have been encouraged by your openness to connect and respond; even though we don't know each other personally.

goldenslot

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Image2016 and beyond, I will continue working on Bitcoin and related technologies because I see them as a way to strip power away from those violent human beings who think they have the right to rule over other men.

I'll begin answering the questions in the morning from Japan.
What would you recommend as the ideal diversified crypto portfolio for the average crypto user for long term hold of 5-10 years?
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

alexrose2699

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi Roger! My name is Ruslan and i have a question.
Is bitcoin legal in Belarussia?

GreyWyvern
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Db3ACR6PpK5pkMFMn3DAErQ47y9zhxSPo

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Hey, Roger. Thanks for your efforts in crypto and on bitcoin.com! I have some questions for you, apologies in advance for sounding like a concern troll. ;)

1. I still think allowing the block size to increase is the right way to go, because I'm a programmer and on-chain scaling is definitely the most elegant and organic solution, at least from a cursory examination of the various "solutions." However, I'm not convinced by the "Does Bitcoin Unlimited inevitably lead to 'a centralized future'?" FAQ answer on the bitcoinunlimited.info site. While computer power is increasing all the time, it seems to me that squeezing nodes out of the ecosystem is a indeed a potential consequence of bigger blocks. What's your opinion on the balance between nodes and miners? Do believe BU won't affect the balance? Do you believe BU will affect the balance but this is okay? And why?

2. Almost every proponent of SegWit I've talked with eventually expresses their boogeyman-like fear of Jihan Wu. Wu has expressed a lot of controversial opinions lately, some even having to do with changing BTC in ways both SegWit and BU sides would disagree with. I know you've stated before that it's in miners' own best interest not to intentionally destroy the network. But you don't have to know economics to be a successful miner. Is there a chance that miners could come together and unintentionally destroy the network by trying to implement something they honestly believed would help it? What is your opinion of Jihan Wu? Friend of the network, loose cannon, or irrelevant?
Estimate the return on a pool.bitcoin.com contract: http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascri ... itcoincalc

spoed01

Donate BTC of your choice to 1CCTUCQReqc851qsm8uuext6MLur4YuKLP

Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Good afternoon Rodger, :cry:

I want to ask you something because I am new and I have now already big problems.
I have a wallet with Blockchain and I wanted my bitcoins in my wallet a few days agos sell but my bitcoins where disappeard; I have nothing left!
I looked in my wallet and saw that my bitcoins (0,26) where sold by Blockchain to a buyer and adress that I not know ; so I do not now who the
buyer is!!! But the worsed is that they sold my bitcoins WITHOUT MY PERMISSION; so they are stolen.

How the hell do they know my passworth? Can Blockchain do that without problems and without my permission?
I tried to inform at Blockchaina but they will not answer on my questions and refuse to help me! The reason is that I am suspended because we half a year ago also had problems and I think they would not listen and I asked again and again e.s.o.
I did not know that they suspended me and bacause this is a new case I think that they can not handle so! It is awfull and I think it is crimenel; they had to stop with that suspended!!! They are criminels.

Now I no not what to do; I have no further adress of Blockchain and the problem is that my bitcoins are stolen and I had saved them for my grandson for his birthday (12 years old) ; I wanted for him to buy a bicycle!!!
Now I cannot do that because that was all the money I had saved in a few years for him! I am an old and sick man!

Rodger I do not know if you can and will help me; but may be you know what I can do or must do! I think that Blockchain must pay me my bitcoins back!!!

I am despered; please help me!
Sorry for the many faults in my mail to you but my english is very bad!!!

I hope soon to hear from you!

Kindly regards'
Dammis van der Spoel
The Netherlands
Phone: 786742570
mail: spoed01@tele2.nl

keithers

Donate BTC of your choice to 1CdxXNoXCGqmye2zZP1hQ6mcvvTHbpSNkJ

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi Roger...I was wondering your thoughts on the success of many recent ICOs. Do you think it is good for the overall cryptocurrency space?

Any thoughts specifically on the Tezos project?

Thanks!

gale_boetticher

Donate BTC of your choice to 17GMBgvHmuHybQRie8DozDL1bwyRsbQRr6

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:23 am

Hi Roger,

I tried to reach you on the pay-for-contact site 21.co but, shockingly enough, they don't accept Bitcoin, nor do they accept VISA gift cards. I do like the site's premise though. If they could fix their payment implementation, it could be an innovative way for people like me to reach industry influencers like you.

Anyway, that was just an aside. Here's my real question for you:

I've been a software developer in the commodity futures space for about 25 years now. In my spare time, I created a zero-fee, totally anonymous, Bitcoin-denominated commodities exchange. It's in the beta test phase. I'd be interested in getting your thoughts on my pre-release site.

The elevator pitch is: Users can trade commodity futures (Gold, Oil, credit default swaps, etc.) that settle in Bitcoin. No fees are charged. No personally identifiable information is requested from the user. If you build up a successful track record, the site will let you start your own pool and optionally charge investors in that pool a management and/or incentive fee, just like a real hedge fund.

Not looking for money or funding or anything like that -- only your expert opinion. The project is just a hobby right now.

The site is: https://www.bitfutures.io

Thanks for your time!

Best,

Gale

makaren

good store

Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Hello everyone, guys. Today I want to recommend an excellent online store asic-minerworld. I bought here recently, there were no problems, everything was fast and super, if anyone is interested, leave here the link asic-minerworld.com

saravij

Donate BTC of your choice to 1JKy7rPTqnzNqhfcwiBz6AZzhDwMKdCNg2

Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:07 am

Dear Roger,

Let me start of by thanking you for all that you have done for Bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto brought to life something that is truly great, and you were elemental in nurturing it, growing it and helping it to get to where Bitcoin is today. It is still in its infancy but growing to be pretty strong.

I have loved your ideology because they ring true.

I am now going to take the liberty of telling you what I think, You are a great person and I know what I am about to say will make sense to you.

Roger, do you know why the world is in the shape it is today? It is because great men like you have succumbed to the negative forces. When you were provoked you did not rise above these forces, but instead did what was most "common", reacted and are still reacting.

Here i quote Bruce Lee - from his book "The Tao of "Jeet Kune do"- The way to transcend karma lies in the proper use of the mind and the will. The oneness of all life is a truth that can be fully realized only when the false notions of a separate self, whose destiny can be considered apart from the whole, are forever annihilated.

In that light is ask. Why all the negativism? why all the bitterness? You now have your wish, you have Bitcoin - Cash, It is doing well and am absolutely certain that it will do great in the future. Let Bitcoin and the Core folks be. Let the world know what BTCash is. Let the negativism go. It is not doing you and the community at large any good.

All the negativism, the bad blood is affecting the entire community. It looks and sounds immature, but most importantly it is the bad taste that it is leaving. I came into the world of Bitcoin a very short while ago. April 2017 and you welcomed me by sending me 10 $ in BTC (bitpay). It felt good, almost like nirvana. But now, when I look at what is happening in this world, I do not see any difference than what is happening between democrats and republicans. Or between other fanatics of the world.

Roger, it is up to great people like you to change this, to stop this. Bitcoin allows us the freedom to fork and to succeed, Your role is now even bigger than when you started in 2011, the entire world looks up to you. But here you are, wasting your brilliant mind and your passion in all that negativism. Be the giant you are, show the world that it is possible to rise above petty squabbles. Unite it. Build it, strengthen it, be the leader, The world will love you and it will love every engineer and architect who helped build Bitcoin and Bitcoin - Cash. There will be challenges, there will be opposition, And yet you can be the one who will be able to bring harmony. I like the bitcoin core guys too and am sympathetic to their struggles too.

I trust that I have not offended you and hope that you see some truth in my message. I understand that I do not have the complete picture, nor do I know of your efforts. All I know is what I see, hate, negativism - don't you think that we have enough of that in this world? Why add to it? Didn't you start because you were fed up of it?

I wish you the best. Despite of all that I have said, I am of the opinion, if there ever will be a Bitcoin Hall of fame, you will be right there - next to the great Satoshi, Hal Finney, Nick Szabo. I truly believe that. I also believe that you will share this space with Charlie Shrem. You are all just outright heroes who will be remembered for a long time - even after the last block is mined. Will that be with a smile on every ones face or with a frown and a thought - they had the power to change the world but they did not. The choice is yours.

Finally - quoting from the same book - If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Moving, be like water. Still, be like a mirror. Respond like an echo.

With hope
Vijay.

Chris777

Donate BTC of your choice to OlympusCorporationGrup

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:34 pm

Thank you

But for me i have a problem. I am looking forwward for your help. I am kind of new in bitcoin, it's just weeks ago i just learn about bitcoin and cryptocurrency, i have watched videos on youtube and read some articles on internet but i feel like iam still stucked. So my preoccupation is what first thing i have to do to make client or customers if they must be or Start making money. I am litle bit lost. But i have this impression like bitcoin it's domething huge.

Than you so much, i looking forward for your reply.

Dominicс

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Btc is the most popular crypto currency now. There's a lot of noise around Bitcoin. I intend to invest in bitcoins. I read the article on how to buy bitcoin https://buybitcoincard.com/buying-bitco ... ebit-card/, but I want to hear recommendations for acquiring. How much money can I make on bitcoins? I still didn't come to a decision whether to own the bitcoins.

bitmebark

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi. Do you think bitcoin will take off in the U.K. the way it has in other parts of the world? (I feel like quite the alone newbie here in the U.K. too and would love some others in the U.K. to connect with). Thank you.

itsnotme

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:37 pm

Well Rodger Can you tell the forum why Satoshi was such a terrible cryptographer in fact the SSL concept was difficult for him to understand and not once did he ever mention Nicks Bitgold when discussing digital currencies

Bullwind

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:04 am

Considering many bitcoin holders did not get their BCH. About How many are in circulation now.

aviatorservices

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:33 am

Hi Roger,

Just saw your debate with Richard Heart. You mentioned how in Tokyo, around where you live, bitcoin is accepted in many places including restaurants and department stores. I live in Miami and very few businesses other than me accept it here. Why do you think adoption is so much better in Japan than the US, or more specifically, Miami? And can it be duplicated here?

Thanks.

Will Ibarra

gyboche

Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:22 am

Hi Roger,

Do you invest in Bitcoin Exchange at Idea-stage?

dmrawlings

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:20 am

I am trying to download a bitcoin wallet for my pc. It is a win32 machine running Windows 10. The only wallet I can find from Bitcoin is for win64 machines and my computer will not run that wallet software. How to I get to the Bitcoin wallet that will work on my win32 machine?

itsnotme

Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:34 pm

For win32 bitcoin wallets check this out https://bitcointalk.org › Bitcoin › Technical Support

privacy

Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Hey, i cannot write a personal message at this time as my account is new.

Feel free to message me if you are interested in doin some business.

Theres a long background on this one, not for publicity.

cryptogeek101

Donate BTC of your choice to 1LSeKHRgoWrCC1vd4adPAs2NMVF5WoT9EC

Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:45 pm

Your detailed write up was a great and encouraging one . Thanks

JagerClau

Donate BTC of your choice to 12WzeMsRrpMvyMmAiiaGKszsgvwhbdFAhe

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:01 pm

hi Roger, i want to ask you if i want to sell my bitcoins how i can do it in the bitcoin.com web page?

Walterm99

Donate BTC of your choice to Waltersaidmatute9916

Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:37 am

Hello Roger Ver! I am a beginner here in Bitcoin, i would like to know, If a have certain amount of BTC in my account How this BTC can be converted in real money (cash), and where i'm able to get this money?

keithers

Donate BTC of your choice to 1CdxXNoXCGqmye2zZP1hQ6mcvvTHbpSNkJ

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:01 pm

Hello Roger Ver! I am a beginner here in Bitcoin, i would like to know, If a have certain amount of BTC in my account How this BTC can be converted in real money (cash), and where i'm able to get this money?

This can be done on any cryptocurrency exchange, but if you live in the United States, the easiest place to do this would probably be coinbase.com. All you need to do is:

1) open an account
2) link a bank account
3) send the amount of BTC that you wish to convert
4) Click sell

After completing those steps, the USD should be in your bank account in a few days

Scionide

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:02 am

A LETTER TO ROGER VER - CEO BITCOIN.COM

Dear Roger,

I am a new investor with your company BItcoin.com and follow your thoughts and musings with great interest. I have great respect and admiration for you and what you have done. I watched Bitcoin from the sidelines for a long while before investing, and when I took the plunge, I liked the look of your company and staff.

Like everyone else in this techno world, I sat and observed the Hard Fork come and go on 1st August this year. I believed that the fork would solve the vast bulk of the problems that were evident between some factions of the Bitcoin - and by association, the entire Crypto community. Sadly - not the case.

I note your fervent passion on all things Bitcoin and your genuine interest in the betterment of the community. I have watched many of your videos and concur with your position.

However, I see the folly of a young man possibly making an unsound decision based, by and large, not on his firm beliefs and ideology, but made without the hindsight of a lifelong maturity. A maturity that would enable one to reflect and compromise in matters such as those you are now faced with. You have no access at this time to sage counsel from elders who have been around the block a few times and whom could assuage a weary or troubled mind. I note that your team of cohorts are highly capable, but they too are also imbued with the starry eyed exuberant view that only youth can provide. I guess it's the so called impudence of youth. It's a beautiful creative thing, but can also be a double edged sword.  

Thus it is apparent to me that you may be making a rueful decision(s), due to a lack of access to an empirical view of your operations, and a considered approach to decision making. This is not a foible on your part, merely a side effect of being a CEO at such a tender age. I am much older than you, and I can see with the benefit of hindsight and considered wisdom, a man who may lock himself into decisions that may cause regret in later life. I have walked that path and it's no source of joy. I am here to beseech you, to reconsider some actions, and to suggest some adjuncts to assist in the maturing of the Crypto community. If nothing else, please listen to the thoughts that can only come from living a long time (well if 55 years is a long time!).

Bitcoin is as needed and refreshing as you imply. I too believe it is critical infrastructure to the future, but I fear grave consequences for Bitcoin unless some things in its life come to pass.

Bitcoin is in some ways, currently pulling itself apart due to having no underpinning administrative control whatsoever. Stability, control and crucially trust are watchwords of any financial empire. Programmers are going one way, Miners are running the other and there is disagreement within some in those offices.

I agree that fees should not be excessive, but see no problem in having a modest fee developing now. Poor people who are using Bitcoin to put bread on the table have little problem paying five bucks to move a couple of hundred dollars. Previously, these people were exploited by much greater percentages on both ends of a transaction. Everyone understands that there is no such thing as a free lunch in life. Even poor immigrants working in first world countries are starting to use Bitcoin to send money home to their families because it is effective, affordable and less corruptible and solidly trustworthy. These are important humane aspects of Bitcoin, they can mean the difference between food and no-food, or even medical care verses no medical care for a loved one.

So please don't make your decisions through an impetuous or capricious mind. Weigh carefully the impacts you make, and consider the unintended consequences of your actions and how they may affect, not only the people (like me) who engender your trust from an investor perspective, but also disenfranchised peoples with no voice, whose literal survival may depend on your actions. Please, start thinking like a Statesman.

Don't view Bitcoin as a plaything or a personal effect, subject to whim and ego. Consider the gravitas of your influence on the very stability of Bitcoin, in your role as a very young captain of industry. Be mindful that your steps impact in ways you did not foresee.

I see respected financial persons still failing to grasp the importance of Bitcoin and Blockchain. Anyone who still views Bitcoin as a 'bubble' has no fundamental grasp on finance or humanity. It is already important, valuable and immutable. You see that.

It deserves the protection and nurturing of the community that created it. Satoshi thought about many of the problems that Bitcoin would have to overcome, but perhaps could not protect it from mankind. That in many ways is the job of people like you and your ilk.

I would ask that you reconsider your position as stated in the PSA on the website. I would dearly love to see the PSA disappear from it's prominent position on the webpage to be hopefully replaced by a consideration on your part on both the effects it has on your investors, but more over the effect it has on the confidence with which Bitcoin is viewed by others. Removing the PSA would send a message to the Crypto community that you have the capacity to compromise and guide as a leader.

I respectfully suggest that the Bitcoin family of stakeholders, perhaps consider a moratorium on Forks and such matters, for two years, to allow a World Bitcoin Council, to be formed by programmers and miners, so that decisions on administrative aspects that affect all stakeholders and end users can be considered and issues robustly debated and assuaged. This would allow desired outcomes and solutions to be melded.

Bitcoin needs no central control by any nation, but does require a strong council of stakeholders, perhaps under a President to lay an administrative ongoing foundation of stability and trust and to nurture full confidence in Bitcoin proper.

On a planet of around 200 nations, the greatest gift of Bitcoin is that no matter how powerful or important any one of those nations sees itself, it can force no more than one 200th of an influence upon Bitcoin. That is it's cornerstone and greatest value and asset.

Roger. Thanks mate, for reading this letter. I hope this letter gives you food for thought and impresses upon you the need to seek advice, as and when necessary during your travails through life. I wish you only the very best.

Warmest Regards

Steve Lane

Onslow
Western Australia.

per:    steveonslow4377@gmail.com

Walterm99

Donate BTC of your choice to Waltersaidmatute9916

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:35 pm

This can be done on any cryptocurrency exchange, but if you live in the United States, the easiest place to do this would probably be coinbase.com. All you need to do is:

1) open an account
2) link a bank account
3) send the amount of BTC that you wish to convert
4) Click sell

After completing those steps, the USD should be in your bank account in a few days

Ok but i'm not from the United States, i live in Central America, then how i can make this with the banks in my country?

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”