Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
Alexei
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: I'm Roger Ver, the first Bitcoin angel investor, ask me anything!

Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:14 pm

hi Roger,

first of all - I love this section - been already to a few forums, but never seen anything like that :D :D
my questions for you Roger :) :
what are your future plans for the next 5 years? :)
and my personal question: what do you think In particular about the future of bitcoin? (or maybe also about the future of cryptocurrencies?) =) thank you!

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:29 pm

Rodger, how do you think Bitcoins 2020 halving will affect price?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

IAdetunji

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:14 am

Hello , pls I want to move a part of my BCH to BTC wallet , I need a guide to do it , hope to hear from you soon

Thank you !

ElenaBoughey

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:14 pm

Why do you allow people to be anonymous when they terrorize a small individual like me by telling me to send them money via bitcoin or they will delete all my files & computer info?

They send the following & there is no way for me to report them or anything!! If this is so great a deal then you should be able to get people llike this off your platform & collect any money on their 'wallet' to return to the ppl who actually paid them.

Transfer $700 to our Bitcoin wallet: 1DzM9y4fRgWqpZZCsvf5Rx4HupbE5Q5r4y
I guarantee that after that, we'll erase all your "data" :D

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:04 am

Why do you allow people to be anonymous when they terrorize a small individual like me by telling me to send them money via bitcoin or they will delete all my files & computer info?

They send the following & there is no way for me to report them or anything!! If this is so great a deal then you should be able to get people llike this off your platform & collect any money on their 'wallet' to return to the ppl who actually paid them.

Transfer $700 to our Bitcoin wallet: 1DzM9y4fRgWqpZZCsvf5Rx4HupbE5Q5r4y
I guarantee that after that, we'll erase all your "data" :D
Hi there,

Please understand that Bitcoin itself isn't a company, just like “gold” isn't a company - this means that there isn't any official website that speaks for Bitcoin, just like there isn't an official website representing gold.

Our website, Bitcoin.com, is simply an informative site about Bitcoin and we also offer our own services to Bitcoin users. We just do our best to put lots of information online for people, but we can't assist with any issues related to any specific company or Bitcoin wallet (other than the Bitcoin.com wallet).

Bitcoin.com doesn't control Bitcoin in any way. We also don't send, receive, or store any bitcoins. Bitcoin.com only provides links to sources that will help you open bitcoin wallets or buy bitcoins from other companies. Bitcoin.com has nothing to do with Bitcoin transactions; it exists for informational purposes only.

We do, however, have an active community of users who want to help people that ask questions on our forum so if you ask your question over there someone may be able to offer you advice. The best route for you to take in this instance would be to contact the company or individual you were initially dealing with as they are the only ones that can assist you.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Ane

Donate BTC of your choice to 3HdWzbk1x1Txp17U9Afg1ZnShPZgapXEaE

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:42 am

Hi Roger,

It is good to connect to you here.

What do you think the best way to get back lost BTC. i am new to crypto and my BTC got disappeared after few hours of my purchase, exchange guys told they will try to get it back but nothing done so far.

Looking forward to your advice.

Regards
Ane

waitingforday
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1NmWfbTcP3D5ZGMQ19knphR3cki2MqrY5s

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:19 am

Hi Roger,
What is your predictions for BCC future? Do you think BTC will always on top?

dario1

Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:23 pm

Hello Roger and everybody,

Do you think there is going to be a hardfork in November?
Calvin is criticizing very hard wormhole and Bitmain. I am not very technical and I am based on experts opinions. If I had to choose I will be going for Satoshi's Vision side. Which side do you like the most?

Thank you.

Regards,
Dario

xiphos49

Donate BTC of your choice to 19Djb5eoJKhDDPr65n2rou52nh1PVqFoUW

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:40 am

Hello, I'm relatively new to the whole bitcoin thing, and I recently started a wallet, but I mistakenly purchased BCH when I meant to purchase BTC (though I didn't know it at the time because I'm such a noob). I've watch the value of what I put in there decline terribly with it losing over half its value, so I haven't really been able to make use of it to make a purchase. With this recent hard fork, I'm very confused now. What do I have now? Do I have ABC or do I have SV? I can't tell, the app makes no distinction, and there is nothing on this site that I can find that tells me what I have. (I can't even use it now if I wanted to anyway since no one will conduct transactions with Bitcoin Cash as it isn't resolved.) And so my question: Would you be so kind as to put our minds to rest and put something on the site about it? What do we have--ABC or SV? I'm no big angel investor, and I don't have millions of dollars. I'm scraping a living trying to be a graphic designer/branding strategist with only just over $1,000 to my name so this loss affects me far, FAR more than it does you. I would be very grateful if we could get this whole hard fork thing done and under control.

Sincerely,
RAK

D_Dowdall

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:42 pm

How are the patents that Craig Wright is filing going to affect startups if he owns every idea on the blockchain? can Roger do a video on this subject? im looking at doing an ICO and this worries me somewhat.

Regards

Darren

Jeckstercandoit
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:30 am

:?:
Roger,

Recent BTC/Crypto investor and participant.
I'm also a writer with a number of books and papers on various anti-gov topics. I'm looking to write ICO whitepapers for service.
Any tips on where to get clients?

I've got a solid writing resume.
thanks and keep up the great work.
It seems to me that as regards writing a resume, I know one very good service that can help with this. This a top writing services. I by myself went there when I needed to prepare a resume and they helped me a lot. So you can feel free to go there.
Normal People Scare me

ivanmauloed

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:59 pm

Dear Roger,

Thank you for not only educating us on the future of money but also freeing us from our mental enslavement.

I am working on a plan to save the people of Iraq from the corrupt system they are imprisoned and strip power away from the violent government who think they have the right to rule over other men.

If you’d allow me I would love to tell you more about it. I am in need of your network to deliver on solutions to make cross-boarder transactions possible in Iraq. (below, I have pointed out an overall background to the current environment in Iraq, just to give you an idea of the landscape and opportunities, you can find this below this message).

Right now Iraq has the least developed banking system in the Middel East and North African region. 80% of the population does not have access to a bank account. BitPay does not support its services in Iraq due to US department of treasury’s Office (the OFAC). And Crypto is almost non existent in Iraq. I am on the mission of changing this.

Hope this message gets to the real Roger Ver.

If so, I would appreciate it if you could reply. I know your busy, but please understand I am talking about 38 million lives.

Much respect and sincerely yours,

Ivan Mauloed

What is my Mission?
To promote economic freedom and contribute to the adoption of cryptocurrency and blockchain in Iraq among merchants in Erbil, Iraq. By equipping 100 merchants and foreign investors with a payment solution for cross-border transactions by January 2020.

Right now I am working on building a network of people and organizations necessary to make this a reality. Hopefully you can assist in forming a collaborative force for good.

Challenges and opportunities
Bitcoin is supposed to be for everyone, anywhere in the world. Especially for those who do not have access to a bank account. However, it seems like that is not completely true. Because banks are still needed for fiat deposits, and to buy BCH. Yes, you can also purchase BCH through an ATM, but that cash from the ATM needs to go to a bank too at some point to get more crypto on the exchange for your hot-wallet.

Besides, the trade and economic sanctions set forth by the U.S. Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) make it difficult for ANY company to engage economically by trade with persons or businesses from certain countries. This includes Iraq and 11 other countries.

The above mentioned leads to companies like Bitpay not providing their services because of fear of the potential consequences set up by US government. Also manufacturers of Bitcoin ATM’s are reluctant to ship their vending machines to Iraq because of unclear regulations and customs paperwork (bureaucracy).

My experience is that service providers and partnerships with firms like Bitpay are essential for the mass adoption of the technology. What happens when firms like that refrain from collaboration with industries across different marketplaces? What other solutions can I think of? Is Iraq doomed and not bitcoin worthy?

A few facts about the Iraqi banking infrastructure:
- Iraq has the least developed banking sector in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa)
- Low financial infrastructure associated with shortages of skills and technology contribute to the underdeveloped financial system
- The Iraqi banking system is dominated by the state-owned banks
- 80% of the population does not have a bank account (because of trust issues)
- Following the economic reforms in 2016, Iraqi banks froze all account and depositors were, to this date, unable to withdraw their own money

I could specify the cause and effect of the facts above in more detail, but I think you understand where I am trying to go. When I look at the above mentioned challenges I see many opportunities and potential that a decentralized eco system could provide in the form of cryptocurrency and blockchain.

However, I have not found many decentralized financial service providers willing to collaborate with me in finding a solution. Heck, even getting a Bitcoin ATM into the country is a hassle. But not impossible I found.

There is a huge demand for payment solutions. Especially among foreign direct investors for obvious reasons. Right now, merchants are dealing with physically having to move cash around across borders to Turkey. Paying high transactions fees and handling fees.

The Kurdish government (north-Iraq) has invested heavily in attracting foreign investors in IT infrastructure, agriculture & food industries, healthcare and financial services. However, the current financial infrastructure makes it very difficult to make cross-border transactions, hence many investors are irritated about the hardship they face making cross boarder transactions.

Despite all this, the Iraq Banking Reform Strategy – designed action plans to improve the overall situation orientated to organizational structure, IT infrastructure, risk management and banking supervision. Hence what you see is that the government is displaying the willingness to work on this but don’t posses the technological knowhow to actively proceed in finding a solution.

With the right plan, partnerships, payment service providers and education we can transform the financial sector in Iraq. There is a significant need for a secure, transparent, fast and reliable financial service and media provider. I would be hounered if I could do this together with Bitcoin.com team.

Hopefully we can make a difference in lives 38 million people in Iraq and work together in finding a solution for the economic enslavement forced upon the Iraqi people by its government.

AnyCrypto
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Hello Roger,
I'm new in this forum. Your thread was interesting to me, especially the entertaining videos. Thanks for sharing.

MollieVasquez

Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:36 pm

People that are new at this forum are rather necessary for every point of view connected to the absence of the work connected to the topic. IF you are looking for the main possibilities of work here, you must be aware on the correct writing of the offer that can assist you to create the company like https://eduzaurus.com/write-my-research-paper . The further talk is about the opportunity to cooperate with any other person that is the member of such a community. Surely, if you are looking for the best way to work, this assistance will be for you greatly.

Bitcoin-raver

Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:03 am

Hi Roger,

Do you invest in other crypto-assets aside from Bitcoin, or are you a one coin man?

If so what other coins do you back? and if not why not?

Cheers!

saschap

Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:28 pm

Hi Roger, are you willing to sell 25 000 BTC? there is a bank who is read to buy up to 200 000 BTC. I get my commission for finging people who are ready to sell so many BTC.

I suppose you will read this who knows when and it will be tooooo late, but this is the only contact I got from people working in your company bitcoin.com. you can contact me on my email I used during registration on this forum.

Quiks
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1CxRRRDgkxyVtBnVHGe4FJYTbbTfuVSkYe

Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:30 pm

Which exchange do you trade on?
Bitcoin - will save the world!
Сrypto trader. Where I trade I will not tell :x

graga
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:09 am

Your opinion on mining?

bbiittccooiinn123

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:17 pm

Hello Roger,

I need to buy BTC or USDT but I don't want to verify my ID the amount is under 500$ more or less. Can you help me, please
best regards

bitcoinkiller33

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:04 pm

i just don't know much about the bitcoin angel investment

is there any one here about the dark web website partyshop.website my friend bought a mobile phone today

MollieVasquez

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:59 pm

I see there are a lot of people here. Welcome to everybody!

kventin.upgrade
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Fri May 17, 2019 1:06 am

Are you interested in investing in a closed cryptocurrency hedge fund?
I like modern club music, and I love to dance and meet girls in clubs.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Fri May 17, 2019 5:03 am

Hello Roger,

I need to buy BTC or USDT but I don't want to verify my ID the amount is under 500$ more or less. Can you help me, please
best regards
You can purchase Bitcoin Cash (BCH) without any KYC required from our new Local.bitcoin.com platform.
https://local.bitcoin.com/
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

M4rio

Thu May 23, 2019 8:04 pm

It's incredible how you could believe in bitcoin in 2011. Very impressed with your way.

JaneWalters
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon May 27, 2019 6:06 pm

I'm interested too.

CryptoBroadcast

Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:01 pm

I get the impression the BCH is more flexible (easier to get consensus) when it comes to making major changes to the core files (vs BTC). Why doesn't BCH change when the next halvening happens (push it back a year (or X number of blocks)) so that more hashing power will go to BCH and therefore more promotion and adoption for one extra year compared to BTC?

jeroo85

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:01 pm

Hello Roger,

best regards
I would buy even more.

kventin.upgrade
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Your list of employment and affairs in the cryptover is a matter of respect. You have done a lot for the crypto world!
I like modern club music, and I love to dance and meet girls in clubs.

Dyers2040

Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:30 am

Good Afternoon Mr. Ver.

I was directed to contact you by my girlfriends BitCoin wallet support team. She uses Paxful for her wallet. We attempted to use BitCoin to transfer some funds from me in Ohio to her in Texas. When I purchased the bitcoin, I did not know there was a difference between BTC and BCH and sent BCH to her BTC wallet address. Paxful is saying they no longer assist with reversing or recovering funds for this type of error and advised to reach out to you. They would not provide any contact information and this is the only place I could find to contact you. Please advise if this is something you can help with or what we can do to recover the funds that were sent.

Thanks!

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”