Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Re: I'm Roger Ver, the first Bitcoin angel investor, ask me anything!

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm

~snip~
Please note that Bitcoin.com does not control the bitcoin network in any way.
Roger is very busy and may not have time to answer such a long complicated question, you would probably get better help posting this to the technical-support/ board.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

packerbacker

Donate BTC of your choice to 1FxnzhpJFPoSdC4JdShQjkG54stxe8JiTp

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:40 pm

When will I be able to buy BCH with my Bitcoin.com wallet? and transfer between BTC and BCH on the same wallet?

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:41 pm

I just did a 2 hour live stream AMA about Bitcoin Cash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoSuwEgrshU
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:32 pm

! Message from: bitkilo
Member please note that this thread is for asking Roger questions about his experiences with bitcoin and his views on current events.

If you have a question relating to one of the services Bitcoin.com provides like the mining pool or the Bitcoin.com wallet thwn please post these to the appropriate sections of the forum,
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

BchFTW

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi Roger

Is there any way I can help the bitcoin cash movement?

My father and i are fully invested. He has a masters in mathematics, i am a general tech geek. We have so many ideas between us i am more than happy to tell you about.

Is there anything we can do to help you, the team and bitcoin cash or even get more involved in this revolutionary technology?

Thanks
Charlie

predig

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:58 am

Appreciate your message bitkilo, the thread does say "Ask me anything" and as Roger was the most vocal salesman for the Bitcoin Mining pool when it began it seems he is the most logical go-to guy that might give a straight answer. It is, after all, his integrity that is on the line.

I created 4 contracts with Bitcoin.com, three of them are "lifetime" and it is ONLY those three that are now 'paused' with a Refund button attached. Hashflare literally stole my 100TH invested with them, (approx 3BTC) and now it seems Bitcoin.com has taken my 4BTC approx and reneged on the clear contractual agreement entered into at the time.

Most people in this space refer to the lack of integrity with Central Banks, Government etc and speak about promoting a system that does not depend on Trust (Trustless peer to peer), and yet seems very quick to alter the agreements of those paid for by its gullibly trusting clients prior to their expiry.

I just wonder how Roger reconciles and justifies this.

Roger, I personally do not care about your experiences in Bitcoin, I do care however how a man who portrays himself as a man of integrity above those he obviously despises (Certain Government individuals, banks etc), yet excuses alterations in agreements by just as disingenuous means as they?

Roger, I trusted YOU when I invested in Bitcoin.com mining, it was YOUR word I held in high regard. How I hope you return to holding your own word in that same regard.

Edi G, username "predig"

Tagakosmos

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJvW8PhFi9ivMoa8b3oK3hXAtdAVcMpqF

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Greetings, Roger Ver! One question!!!
It seems that we will soon make a significant contribution to the bitcoin of the transaction. You have planned a trip to Russia in which city and date? I would like to hear your thoughts. Thank you.
https://vk.com/tagakosmos[/shadow]
https://www.facebook.com/tagiraleev

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:35 am

Hi Roger
Is there any way I can help the bitcoin cash movement?
Just start using it as cash and help your friends to do the same.
topic7039.html

Andilux47

Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:04 am

Please help! My brother has to go away to drug rehab for at least 6 months and won’t have access to any electronics. What can he do with his Bitcoins? Can he freeze his account? I don’t know how it works and can’t ask him at this time. He is going to freak out when he finds out that he won’t have access to any electronics and his bitcoin account for that long. He watches it daily. What can I suggest that he do with it while he’s away? Or does it even matter? I have no clue. I want to be prepared with answers so he doesn’t resist going to rehab which he so desperately needs. I appreciate any advice. Thank you in advance.

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:28 am

As long as he is using a wallet where he holds the private keys, (like the Bitcoin.com wallet) his money will be completely safe while he is away. Good luck to you and your family!
topic7039.html

sportingchance

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi Roger

Would you or your network be interested in working with a start-up that is a disruptive gambling sector product? - see www.sportingchance.com

All details relating to the ICO, including a white paper and a three year strategy, are available at www.sportingchance.com/ico , however in summary the ICO offers;
• Sporting Chance is a launch ready site
• Global potential client audience more than 500 million and not restricted by country specific gambling regulations
• Sporting Chance will develop block chain technology to increase site functionality and the user experience – e.g. smart contracts, funds held in escrow and resulting AI
• ICO tokens and other crypto currencies will be legitimate currency to purchase information on the site
• Sporting Chance will return value to investors through a buy back and dividend payment strategy within two years
• ICO offering is 200 million tokens at 0.01 Waves pre-sale and 0.0125 Waves from ICO start date (11th April). Waves token identifier is;
HUj4soMc6quiPZfXiXipzReYraXAPiKZtHD3vAUrNkM5
All feedback or further questions can be directed to the management team at admin@sportingchance.com

Thank you in advance for any feedback you can give me - email: jason@sportingchance.com

Regards
Jason West
Founder & CEO
Sporting Chance

MatKom

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Hello!

I am just wondering about some of bitcoin's technology. What determines how many transactions there is in one block? and how are transactions verified?
A detailed answer (including details of the programming behind it) as possible would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

pattern_crypto

Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:36 am

Hey Roger,

We developed an algorithmic trading platform for all GDAX listed cryptos. The goal is to make this type of quant trading in cryptos available to the masses. My questions to you are:

Do you think there is a demand for this type of software? We know it exists for stocks, futures, etc. with platforms such as TradeStation, NinjaTrader, and so many more, but we don't see it yet for cryptos.

Would you be willing to give it a try? We would love to develop it further based on input of an industry pro like yourself...even partner up if you were interested.

Looking forward to your thoughts. Software can be had at https://www.patterncap.com/product-page/gdax-trader. Obviously just get in touch with me for a free version.

Thanks!

joss.ilbay

Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:57 am

Hola Roger ...

Como puedo iniciar a trabajar con bitcoins... :D saludos

noor

Donate BTC of your choice to 17Vo7wtnv4xoSrz43i7tQccgYaeJmaXTNG

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:36 am

Hi Roger
I have a question :) Noor here

Need advice, whether this is a scam or not. One person approach me and offer bitcoin mining via connecting to his hardware and requested to enter my blockchain wallet to connect to the hardware. I gave him permission to login, then I changed my password. I see that there is an address which all my btc will be automatically transferred there and it will be on "watch only". When I ask, he said its a mining address. Once I transact a 0.2 of btc then my blockchain wallet will be activated in the mining block and earn commission. Is this legit??

BingoCoin

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:52 am

ok。ok。。。。。。。

saturn.network
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Hi! Great fan hope you are well.

Saturn Network's core development team has elected to remain anonymous in the current landscape this is a concept that is very hard to get across to people, our main thoughts are we are building a DAO and everyone is part of the team. What are your thoughts on being anonymous?
Website: https://saturn.network Decentralized Exchange DAO for all EVM blockchains
Blog: https://rados.io
Exchange: https://radex.ai

bitrookie
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:00 am

Hi Roger
Will bitcoin be the most important cryptocurrency in five years' time? What are your thoughts on the future of bitcoin?
thanks

sosabixi
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:14 am

Hi Roger

Can you say something about BCH credit card?

bitcoinofamerica
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue May 29, 2018 6:42 pm

I'm curious to know where everyone is buying their bitcoin

ElpensAdoRX15

Tue May 29, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi u/Memorydealer

I am a small entrepreneur with my personal and enthusiastic business of BCH (the real bitcoin).

I have been wanting for months to promote my small international sales venture of the products I market, but the truth is that it has been very difficult for me to get funds to achieve it, I do not look for any money, I want to make it very clear. I'm looking for financing for a project that generates profits.

My question is: Are there people or institutions that are willing to finance ventures like mine? Since as I said before, I have months looking and I do not get something similar (or maybe I'm not doing the search correctly) I want to be specific in saying that my venture is not related to sales of the technological world, rather I'm focused on goods and services (mass consumption product).

Being an enthusiast of BCH, I would like to develop my project based on the BCH, but BCF only finances non-profit projects. Where can I explain my venture, so that its viability is evaluated and possibly they are willing to finance a part, where the profit ratio is shared by a previous win - win agreement in BCH / BTC or another crypto?

cryptobaloon

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Hey Roger,

my name is alex. I already tried to reach out on you via Skype.
I'm a really big fan and i would love to meet you in real life :)

Where is your next public appearance or the next conference you speak?

Greetings,
alex

AlexS.Gabor

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:29 am

Hello Roger,
Love your history.
Here is a link to mine:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/who-am-i-alex-s-gabor/
We share similar ideas.
Would you be interested in any of these ideas:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/snapchange-alex-s-gabor/
I think I got the Bitcoin price prediction wrong. Ever since I published this BTC has fallen from $19K to 6K.
What will make my predictions come true?
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/gabors-l ... x-s-gabor/
Let me know if you would like to help the Infinite Freedom Foundations, the Penny Appreciation Fund or any of the other adventures I am creating within the global fintech universe.
Cheers on you!
Alex S. Gabor

bogiefan54

Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:20 am

How do I send bitcoin from my paper wallet to an address in Dream Market?

Richisabell123

Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:29 am

hello i sent bitcoin of 176 usd from my paxful wallet too my bitcoin wallet and was charged 3 usd for fee.. and yet i havent seen my bitcoin in my wallet yet for the past 12 hrs........ this the address generated in my bitcoin wallet 1G346e4nA4M94x76Uf4qriGDkKS5TqaE27 .... i sent it there and havent seen anything at all so please help look into it in need of it :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Richisabell123

Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:32 am

you guys are meant too have a live chat some wallet have and when i reported i was told too join,, but my bitcoin is been held up please reply too my complain as soon as possiblel am so so so frustrated

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:53 am

you guys are meant too have a live chat some wallet have and when i reported i was told too join,, but my bitcoin is been held up please reply too my complain as soon as possiblel am so so so frustrated
Please email our wallet support team: wallet@bitcoin.com

Ashelton

Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:11 am

How long before online shops agree to have this currency as form of payment or does anyone know which shops do? I am eager to purchase Wood DugOt but it's hard to find a shop. :(

victor2018

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi,

Can I take a screenshot of Bitcoin Cash logo and use it on a custom T-shirt?

Thanks,
Victor.

Medipedia
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 3GBqXG8tDKbE1F8sLALZM8yfW5uaEyAm2J

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:12 am

How do you think about the blockchain technology that has been used in the Medical Tourism industry? What does cryptocurrency mean for medical tourism? Thanks before
▰▰▰▰ MEDIPEDIA.io ▰▰▰▰ The Most Innovative Blockchain based medical services ecosystem platform.
● ● ● Pre-Sale Tokens: 20 August 2018 ● ● ● Join US
Website | Telegram | Twitter | LinkedIn | email

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”