Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
matmichalko
AMA
AMA

I’m Matej Michalko, Founder of DECENT: A Blockchain Based Decentralised Digital Content Distribution Platform. AMA!

Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:11 am

I’m Matej Michalko, Founder of DECENT: A Blockchain Based Decentralised Digital Content Distribution Platform enabling authors and content consumers to get rid of unnecessary middlemen Fees & Manipulation and provide a Censorship-free Environment for everyone.

DECENT: A Blockchain Based Decentralised Digital Content Distribution Platform
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omAAUtjuJrw

I’ve been involved with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies since 2012 as a miner: I had a few GPU rigs and later passing on ASICs (mining both BTC and altcoins).

In 2013 I started to organise Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Conferences:
2013 - FREE BitcoinExpo London
2014 - Central European Bitcoin Expo, Vienna
2014 - Bitcoin Expo China, Shanghai
2014 - Bitcoin 2 Business Congress, Brussels
2015 - FREE Bitcoin Expo 2015, London

BitcoinExpo 2015, London
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWrPtQDfoSo

I also founded the first crypto digital marketing agency - BitcoinMarketing.

In 2013 I founded BitcoinTablet - CryptoCharity, using Bitcoin to decentralise charity organisations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBvgn7so29E

In 2013 and 2014 I consulted a Bitcoin e-Gaming business in the Isle of Man.

Feel free to reach me at:

Twitter
Linkedin
DECENT Web

My Interview from CoinCongress 2015 in San Francisco about DECENT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iURSXqE5VI

I believe BTC and Blockchain Technologies have an immense potential and will change the world in a very near future.

Ask Me Anything! I'll do my best to answer your questions on Nov 27, 3:00PM GMT.

Skin_in_the_game
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: I’m Matej Michalko, Founder of DECENT: A Blockchain Based Decentralised Digital Content Distribution Platform. AMA!

Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:59 pm

Hello Matej

I was re-reading Antifragile by iconoclast thinker Nassim Taleb recently. He writes
"Never ask anyone for their opinion [...] Just ask them what they have -or don't have- in their portfolio"
I have come to think it's a very relevant question and you can better weight people's opinions having an idea of how many Bitcoins they hold (or do not hold.) So Instead of asking their opinion on bitcoin, I'm now asking every participants the same question:

- Do you mind to tell us which percentage of your net worth and/or liquid assets you hold in Bitcoins ?

matmichalko
AMA
AMA

Re: I’m Matej Michalko, Founder of DECENT: A Blockchain Based Decentralised Digital Content Distribution Platform. AMA!

Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the question. ~50%, but it depends on the current exchange rate of BTC-[FIAT | other crypto | other stuff].

Would be great to gather all those data and publish it somewhere.
Hello Matej

I was re-reading Antifragile by iconoclast thinker Nassim Taleb recently. He writes
"Never ask anyone for their opinion [...] Just ask them what they have -or don't have- in their portfolio"
I have come to think it's a very relevant question and you can better weight people's opinions having an idea of how many Bitcoins they hold (or do not hold.) So Instead of asking their opinion on bitcoin, I'm now asking every participants the same question:

- Do you mind to tell us which percentage of your net worth and/or liquid assets you hold in Bitcoins ?

AlexTee
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1EWQKeX3pKPs2o9LY39W57T93zb8sUxBHE

Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:59 pm

Hi Matej,

I watched the video on DECENT, its a really great idea. I have a few questions.

1. Did something happen to you personally (or to a DECENT team member) which gave you personal motivation to start DECENT?
2. Is your thinking (especially regarding content like intellectual property) shaped by a particular school of thought or author?
3. What are your favourite books?

Windowly
Junior Mod
Junior Mod

Donate BTC of your choice to qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyq

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:12 am

Thanks for joining us here! What are your thoughts on the bitcoin scaling debate?
Signing Address: qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyqm4

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”