Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
jeff.berwick
AMA
AMA

I'm Jeff Berwick, the Dollar Vigilante, financial analyst and anarcho-capitalist. Ask me anything (Dec 9)

Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:50 am

Hi everyone,

I am an entrepreneur, investor, financial analyst and anarcho-capitalist and Chief Editor of The Dollar Vigilante. I first alerted subscribers to bitcoin in 2011 at $3 and said it had the potential to evolutionize money and banking.

I also was involved in the world's first functioning two-way bitcoin ATM in 2013 during the Cyprus bank-bailins (daylight robbery) and promoted bitcoin on CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomerg, RT and numerous TV, radio and internet programs ever since. I've spoken at numerous bitcoin conferences and host Anarchapulco, the world's largest anarcho-capitalist conference in Acapulco, Mexico which will have a heavy bitcoin focus and numerous speakers such as Roger Ver, Trace Mayer, Tone Vays and Jose Rodriquez of Bitso in February 2016.

I recently spoke at the Latin American Bitcoin Conference in Mexico City (see speech here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeN0IRDXQN8).

I've written numerous articles over the years on bitcoin including this one just today: https://www.dollarvigilante.com/blog/20 ... olice.html

I'm happy to answer any question related to bitcoin, money, finance, economics and politics.

The Dollar Vigilante: http://dollarvigilante.com
Anarchast: http://anarchast.com
Anarchapulco: http://anarchapulco.com
Last edited by jeff.berwick on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

HedgeWizard

Re: I'm Jeff Berwick, the Dollar Vigilante, financial analyst and anarcho-capitalist. Ask me anything (Dec 9)

Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:55 am

do you have any remark for the people who have fallen victim to your multiple passport scandals?
1QHyqozjNMDDUyrfUgCUWaGn1ScDLNP425

rogerver
Founder
Founder

Donate BTC of your choice to 1PpmSbUghyhgbzsDevqv1cxxx8cB2kZCdP

Re: I'm Jeff Berwick, the Dollar Vigilante, financial analyst and anarcho-capitalist. Ask me anything (Dec 9)

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:17 am

Which do you enjoy working on more and why?
The Dollar Vigilante, or Anarchast?
Help spread Bitcoin by linking to everything mentioned here:
topic7039.html

Skin_in_the_game
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:55 am

Hello Jeff

I was re-reading Antifragile by iconoclast thinker Nassim Taleb recently. He writes
"Never ask anyone for their opinion [...] Just ask them what they have -or don't have- in their portfolio"
I have come to think it's a very relevant question and you can better weight people's opinions having an idea of how many Bitcoins they hold (or do not hold.) So Instead of asking their opinion on bitcoin, I'm now asking every participants the same question:

- Do you mind to tell us which percentage of your personal net worth and/or liquid assets you hold in Bitcoins ? (Same question for gold)

roy
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:37 am

Jeff,

Love your POV about economy and politics.

Would you enable RSS on your TDV website?

Can you give some details about TDV Wealth Management?

nyeko_12
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DBAq46iSNLTsq33dySBpYpaFqH3pTi9sk

Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi jeff!

i Have a couple of questions that i want to ask you!

What are your opinions regarding the Blocksize-issue(Especially after the Scaling bitcoin event)? are you for BIP100(increase of up to 17%)/BIP101(8 MB and up to GBs)/BIP248(2-4-8-32MB) with/without Segregated Witness and lightning network?
Do you hold bitcoins BTC yourself(in the trezor,web Wallet,mobile wallet or desktop wallet)? How much bitcoins do you hold(% wise of your savings and how much off your salary to you put into bitcoin)?
What do you think about bitcoins and other altcoins such as (litecoin and ethereum) future(block halvening,openbaazar etc)?

What new things will you add on TDV(Thinking of free podcasts, more Videos on youtube etc)?

Love your videos on Youtube, keep doing more of them going in to 2016 and beyond!

jeff.berwick
AMA
AMA

Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:05 pm

Which do you enjoy working on more and why?
The Dollar Vigilante, or Anarchast?
That's an interesting question as I've never thought about it. I enjoy both. TDV started as a way to wake people up to the scam of central banking and has been a wild ride over the last 5.5 years of writing it and doing podcasts. Sometimes the weight of having to constantly be researching money, banking, finance, politics and economics can become overwhelming though... especially with 10 major things happening per day lately. Anarchast was started just out of a passion to spread the anarchist/ancap/voluntarist message as I felt there was no good anarchist interview-type show that interviewed anarchists on the topics of anarchy... so I started that about 3-4 years ago and it also has been interesting as I've had the opportunity to meet hundreds of great people I otherwise wouldn't.

jeff.berwick
AMA
AMA

Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Hello Jeff

I was re-reading Antifragile by iconoclast thinker Nassim Taleb recently. He writes
"Never ask anyone for their opinion [...] Just ask them what they have -or don't have- in their portfolio"
I have come to think it's a very relevant question and you can better weight people's opinions having an idea of how many Bitcoins they hold (or do not hold.) So Instead of asking their opinion on bitcoin, I'm now asking every participants the same question:

- Do you mind to tell us which percentage of your personal net worth and/or liquid assets you hold in Bitcoins ? (Same question for gold)
I follow pretty much the same advice I give to TDV subscribers, with some variance. We recommend to TDV subscribers holding 5% of their portfolio in BTC. I am likely around 5-10%... and buying more still. The reason why I don't say to hold higher amounts is that if bitcoin succeeds over the next few years (which I believe it will), I think it could easily go up in value 100x or well more... so even a small percentage will pay off very well. If, however, it doesn't succeed and some unexpected events happen it could go to $0. So, with that upside, and that downside, I don't think, for your average person, holding a large percentage of their portfolio makes sense.

jeff.berwick
AMA
AMA

Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:10 pm

Jeff,

Love your POV about economy and politics.

Would you enable RSS on your TDV website?

Can you give some details about TDV Wealth Management?
Thank you!

RSS: DollarVigilante.com is RSS enabled. I see it find using Feedly.com (an RSS reader), which RSS reader do you use?

TDV Wealth Management is a service targetted at those with more than $1 million in liquid assets who are looking for specific advice on structuring their assets (offshore incorporation, trusts etc) as well as investments

jeff.berwick
AMA
AMA

Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:16 pm

Hi jeff!

i Have a couple of questions that i want to ask you!

What are your opinions regarding the Blocksize-issue(Especially after the Scaling bitcoin event)? are you for BIP100(increase of up to 17%)/BIP101(8 MB and up to GBs)/BIP248(2-4-8-32MB) with/without Segregated Witness and lightning network?
Do you hold bitcoins BTC yourself(in the trezor,web Wallet,mobile wallet or desktop wallet)? How much bitcoins do you hold(% wise of your savings and how much off your salary to you put into bitcoin)?
What do you think about bitcoins and other altcoins such as (litecoin and ethereum) future(block halvening,openbaazar etc)?

What new things will you add on TDV(Thinking of free podcasts, more Videos on youtube etc)?

Love your videos on Youtube, keep doing more of them going in to 2016 and beyond!
Thanks!

In regards to the Blocksize issue, I am not a techie/coder/hacker (I was a small-time coder/hacker in the early 1980s but I think that's pretty out of date!). Therefore I mostly leave these issues to the bitcoin community and the tech savvy to sort out. To date, all issues like this with bitcoin have been sorted out amongst the community and I hope that continues.

In regards to other alt-coins, I keep my eye on them from time to time when interesting developments occur but to me BTC has such a massive lead in terms of adoption, investment and usage that unless I hear that another altcoin is even making a small dent in that lead I mostly leave it to early adopters and speculators.

As for things like OpenBaazar, I am very hopeful that we can continue to decentralize all the things so we can have free markets (aka. by government agents and propagandists as the 'black market') everywhere.

As for new things with TDV we continue to just put out tons of content, both for free and to paid subscribers and do things like our TDV Internationalization and Investment Summit to be held on Feb 18 in Acapulco, Mexico as part of the world's largest anarcho-capitalist conference, Anarchapulco (http://anarchapulco.com)

kenshishido

Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Greetings from Tokyo.

I am a long term follower and Silver-Bitcoin-Flat Earth hybrid.

My question is do you think the earth is flat and the spinning ball theory is the biggest government lie ever?

Look forward to meeting you in the nearest future.
Last edited by kenshishido on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jeff.berwick
AMA
AMA

Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:55 pm

Greetings from Tokyo.

I am a long term follower and Silver-Bitcoin-Flat Earth hybrid. Now, do you think the earth is flat?

Look forward to meeting you in the nearest future.
I don't trust anything that comes out of NASA, especially the "moon landing" and have not seen enough verifiable evidence either way to be confident the Earth is flat or round. What I do, though, is question everything and am glad to see more people are questioning everything.

arnoudk
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi Jeff

Do you expect currencies to collapse in a specific order? Such as the Euro before the Dollar (or vice versa)?

What do you think is driving the current price rally in bitcoin? The Chinese exchanges seem to have a premium price which to me would indicate that they are driving the price. But I am certainly not certain this is the main driver.

What shape do you think the bitcoin price graphs will show? A succession of booms and busts with a positive trend line?

What is your bitcoin exit strategy? Will you be buying metals? Real estate? when the price increases?

Thanks!
Excited about the potential of Bitcoin Cash in the beautiful country of Belize.
Developer of the RegisterDocuments.com Document Registration Service (using the Bitcoin Cash blockchain).

kenshishido

Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:14 pm

Greeting from Tokyo again.

Do you believe in the Darwin's bogus evolution theory or the God creation theory? I am really really tired of all the government and mainstream media lies.

southtopia
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16ZkWQN6m543zfq8UoRHFXoFipTD3a7d3N

Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:01 pm

Hi Jeff,

I've been a fan of Anarchast for a while now and I really appreciate the broad spectrum of guests you interview – no matter what they say you always maintain a respectful demeanour and it's been very thought-provoking at times, taking me down philosophical paths I never imagined before.

My question is: in future, do you think nation-states are going to make it easier for non-residents to access their legal systems? Especially those involving banking, financial residency and business ownership? Or do you see it heading in the opposite direction, where every country cracks down & tries to grab tax on every dollar earned within its borders?

roy
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:11 am

RSS: DollarVigilante.com is RSS enabled. I see it find using Feedly.com (an RSS reader), which RSS reader do you use?

TDV Wealth Management is a service targetted at those with more than $1 million in liquid assets who are looking for specific advice on structuring their assets (offshore incorporation, trusts etc) as well as investments
I just added TDV to my feed. Thank you!

As for TDV Wealth Management:
In one of your interviews (@ RT TV) you mention the possibility of not paying tax, legally. Does it apply for stocks too? To be more specific:

Is it possible to create an Offshore structure (ie. LLC in Nevis) then choose a bank in some reputable country (ie. Singapore, Hong Kong, Switzerland, etc) and from that bank buy stocks from world exchanges (i.e. NYSE) without paying the dividend tax (which is around 15% for US equities)?

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”