Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
jadbitquickco
AMA
AMA

Donate BTC of your choice to 3Dnpkw1z8dj3H6CTpm8uGsBSPoRRqDpDUq

I’m Jad Mubaslat, CEO and Founder of BitQuick.co, Ask me anything! - December 9th 12 PM PST

Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:22 pm

Edit: Will begin answering questions at 12 PM PST

I'm Jad Mubaslat, CEO/Founder of https://www.bitquick.co We are a P2P Bitcoin marketplace that allows individuals to buy/sell bitcoins instantly with cash. In a way, we help bring Bitcoin to the unbanked, and we are one of the only ways out there to convert cash to Bitcoin in the same day.

Our #1 differentiator from other existing P2P platforms is we guarantee no scams. Instead of trusting a reputation system, with BitQuick you get your USD or BTC every time. For sellers, we even have an API that makes compliance a cinch. You focus on providing liquidity, we give you protection.

We graduated from Bitcoin accelerator, Boost.VC in May. Since this year began, our 30 day trading volume has went from ~$100k to over $1.2M! Much of this growth has been attributed to Backpage.com users surprisingly! Our guide to buy bitcoin is officially recommended on the Backpage website now.

We also announced our integration with ShapeShift.io, allowing over 30+ cryptos to be sold at https://www.altquick.co

In the coming months, we are focused on adding new payment methods for traders, development of a mobile application, and continued refinement of our UI.

I'm glad to be a part of this epic AMA session hosted by forum.bitcoin.com and Roger Ver in the name of free speech!

Thanks all! Jad

Attached some interesting Coindesk articles as well:

http://www.coindesk.com/boost-vc-tribe-5-demo-day/
http://www.coindesk.com/bitquick-us-cas ... in-market/

Chart for our volume: http://data.bitcoinity.org/markets/volu ... ar&vu=curr

Last edited by jadbitquickco on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Use BitQuick.co to buy bitcoins instantly for cash!

nyeko_12
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DBAq46iSNLTsq33dySBpYpaFqH3pTi9sk

Re: I’m Jad Mubaslat, CEO and Founder of BitQuick.co, Ask me anything! - December 9th

Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:31 am

Hi Jad!

What are your opinions regarding the Blocksize-issue(Especially after the Scaling bitcoin event)? are you for BIP100(increase of up to 17%)/BIP101(8 MB and up to GBs)/BIP248(2-4-8-32MB) with/without Segregated Witness and lightning network?
Do you hold bitcoins yourself(in the trezor,web Wallet,mobile wallet or desktop wallet)? How much bitcoins do you hold?
What do you think about bitcoins future(block halvening,openbaazar etc)?

Windowly
Junior Mod
Junior Mod

Donate BTC of your choice to qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyq

Re: I’m Jad Mubaslat, CEO and Founder of BitQuick.co, Ask me anything! - December 9th

Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:37 pm

Thank you for coming here!

I'm not sure how much you can share, but I was wondering.

What are the demographics of people buying Bitcoin with Bitquick (you mention backpage), but what is the gender breakdown? Age breakdown?

Do most people only buy bitcoin once with you or are they repeat buyers?
Signing Address: qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyqm4

ronnieb
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:59 am

@Jad, thanks for all your contributions in the Bitcoin Realm.

Questions:

As time marches forward I see more and more "exchanges" popping up. Prices to vary from exchange to exchange. Is there going to be an every increase arbitrage opportunity?

What kinds of issues can I expect with banks when doing volume transactions. If I try and move let's say $20K USD in a month, are banks going to red flag me?

How has it been working with the banks so far? You have a pretty extensive list!!

Skin_in_the_game
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:55 am

Hello Jad

I was re-reading Antifragile by iconoclast thinker Nassim Taleb recently. He writes
"Never ask anyone for their opinion [...] Just ask them what they have -or don't have- in their portfolio"
I have come to think it's a very relevant question and you can better weight people's opinions having an idea of how many Bitcoins they hold (or do not hold.) So Instead of asking their opinion on bitcoin, I'm now asking every participants the same question:

- Do you mind to tell us which percentage of your personal net worth and/or liquid assets you hold in Bitcoins ?

JasonRamsey

Re: I’m Jad Mubaslat, CEO and Founder of BitQuick.co, Ask me anything! - December 9th 12 PM PST

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:34 pm

What is your opinion on banks pursuing their own forms of digital currency, and blockchain technology? What is your opinion on the impact this will mean for bitcoin?

How can we that use bitcoin spread the information and possibilities this currency has, in a simple yet honest manner?

Why is it that we see highly influential people leaving the white house to pursue careers in Bitcoin-based businesses? Is this a sign of a possible political push to adopt the currency?

How can we get answers out of Congress and people in power about how they plan to address Bitcoin in the coming months/years?

jadbitquickco
AMA
AMA

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi Jad!

What are your opinions regarding the Blocksize-issue(Especially after the Scaling bitcoin event)? are you for BIP100(increase of up to 17%)/BIP101(8 MB and up to GBs)/BIP248(2-4-8-32MB) with/without Segregated Witness and lightning network?
Do you hold bitcoins yourself(in the trezor,web Wallet,mobile wallet or desktop wallet)? How much bitcoins do you hold?
What do you think about bitcoins future(block halvening,openbaazar etc)?
I'll be answering these throughout the evening! First answer now :)

BitQuick.co, and myself, wholeheartedly support a block size increase. We even showed with customer data that Bitcoin users want an increase as well. Check this post out for our full stance: https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comm ... ver_70_of/

I do have BTC myself, but will not share how much.

I'm optimistic about the future of Bitcoin, absolutely. Seeing Overstock get SEC approval was awesome, and tons of big institutional players are exploring blockchain applications as well. I believe they'll all soon discover that leveraging the Bitcoin blockchain provides for the best security. I don't believe private blockchains are useless, but that they are inferior to Bitcoin's blockchain. Private blockchains are mutable, but still transparent.

Also I believe we will see plenty of funded startups releasing their products throughout 2016.

jadbitquickco
AMA
AMA

Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:53 pm

Thank you for coming here!

I'm not sure how much you can share, but I was wondering.

What are the demographics of people buying Bitcoin with Bitquick (you mention backpage), but what is the gender breakdown? Age breakdown?

Do most people only buy bitcoin once with you or are they repeat buyers?
I'd love to share! ~20-30% of our volume on any given day is from Backpage users! It's been amazing really.

Around 25% of our userbase is now female, as opposed to 5% about a year back. 2/3 of our userbase is between 18-34. It's a pretty diverse group, relative to the tech industry I'd say.

Most people purchase 3 times or more on the platform throughout the span of 1 year. I'd be pretty disappointed if users didn't return :lol:

gtir

Re: I’m Jad Mubaslat, CEO and Founder of BitQuick.co, Ask me anything! - December 9th 12 PM PST

Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:10 pm

How can you guarantee no scam? Scammers are pretty creative, what are you doing to protect against them?

jadbitquickco
AMA
AMA

Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:29 am

@Jad, thanks for all your contributions in the Bitcoin Realm.

Questions:

As time marches forward I see more and more "exchanges" popping up. Prices to vary from exchange to exchange. Is there going to be an every increase arbitrage opportunity?

What kinds of issues can I expect with banks when doing volume transactions. If I try and move let's say $20K USD in a month, are banks going to red flag me?

How has it been working with the banks so far? You have a pretty extensive list!!
Thanks for the great question Ronnie. I think you are right, arbitrage opportunities will just become more common as trading volume increases. Arbitrage provides a key service too though. The people selling above market rate are providing a value proposition. Get your coins fast, and simple. For those of us willing to jump through the hoops and loops and wait some time, we can purchase coins at market rate. But not everyone can do that, so the people who are willing to sell their coins, even at a premium, provide a great service for the community.

$20k USD in a month? I can't imagine a bank would raise an eye at that. Once you dive into the $3k-$10k/day, your bank or credit union may ask questions. Most important of all is to make sure you speak to an attorney to see if the way you are arbitraging is considered a business. If so, you may need to register as an MSB, and BitQuick can actually feed you buyers information via our compliance API (the only one in the industry, press release coming soon).

Things are going quite smoothly I'd say, especially with the ever-increasing volume!

jadbitquickco
AMA
AMA

Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:32 am

Hello Jad

I was re-reading Antifragile by iconoclast thinker Nassim Taleb recently. He writes
"Never ask anyone for their opinion [...] Just ask them what they have -or don't have- in their portfolio"
I have come to think it's a very relevant question and you can better weight people's opinions having an idea of how many Bitcoins they hold (or do not hold.) So Instead of asking their opinion on bitcoin, I'm now asking every participants the same question:

- Do you mind to tell us which percentage of your personal net worth and/or liquid assets you hold in Bitcoins ?
I saw haha. I like this actually. I keep 1/3 of my personal net worth in Bitcoin.

If I am a true believer that BitQuick will succeed, then I must be a true believer that Bitcoin will succeed as well. One cannot succeed without the other so it only makes sense for me to be vested in Bitcoin as well.

jadbitquickco
AMA
AMA

Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:41 am

What is your opinion on banks pursuing their own forms of digital currency, and blockchain technology? What is your opinion on the impact this will mean for bitcoin?

How can we that use bitcoin spread the information and possibilities this currency has, in a simple yet honest manner?

Why is it that we see highly influential people leaving the white house to pursue careers in Bitcoin-based businesses? Is this a sign of a possible political push to adopt the currency?

How can we get answers out of Congress and people in power about how they plan to address Bitcoin in the coming months/years?
As I mentioned earlier, I think the banks will soon see that blockchain technology without Bitcoin is not that great. There is added transparency, but private blockchains are mutable still, which destroys much of the purpose of blockchain tech. Bitcoin blockchain is simply superior to any other blockchain.

As to spreading Bitcoin, I think it is important to not come off as too evangelistic. We don't need to try too hard to "sell Bitcoin" to people. I truly believe that as long as we all stay steady and strong and continue working on projects and supporting the ecosystem, Bitcoin will naturally continue to grow. We'll see fewer crazy swings as well.

I don't think it is necessarily political individuals, but that you are simply seeing the smartest minds moving over to Bitcoin. People who understand money, and also understand Bitcoin, understand how important this is. Ed Muy sticks out in my mind: http://edmoy.com/cryptolina-1-0/

I think regarding congress, we already are getting some answers. But honestly, I don't want them to try to address Bitcoin yet, because I am not convinced they understand Bitcoin yet. Without proper understanding, proper regulation cannot be addressed. I appreciate the caution many lawmakers have taken. For the most part, they've only gone after legitimately bad people in the space.

btcchamp

Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:08 am

Jad,

I am a seller on your site. Your site is better than others I have tried. Keep it up.

1. What percentage of your buyers use the quick buy button vs individual selecting each sell order?

2. Are you going to put a warning to the buyer to not try to do a online transfer?! This is really annoying because how is the seller suppose to know the buyer is not a scammer who will just call the bank to reverse the transfer?

3. Have you seen any occasions where the buyer tries to go back to the branch and tell the teller that he made a mistake and he wants his cash back??? I have read that some stories online that some tellers actually give them their cash back (which makes absolutely no sense to me) maybe it was just stupid tellers?

4. Any tips on how to really sell bitcoin consistently with bofa without dropping the buy limit or margin percentage? Sometimes my bitcoin just sits their for half a week it sucks to make a measly 1-2% margin on the sales.

5. Is there any way you can reduce the time allowed to make the deposit and upload the receipt from 3hrs to maybe 1.5 or 2 hours? 3hrs seems way to long and that causes sellers to lose potential other sales.

thanks

zzaosh

Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:31 am

Is it possible to exchange Bitcoins in Iran?

austinman

Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:38 am

following up on btcchamp's post and cross post from the reddit thread:

i always recommend you alongside libertyx.com, localbitcoins.com - how do you view your platform as differentiated from them? it seems like the consumer price for you is somewhere in the middle of the bunch.

and adding one more Q - how large do you think you can get in a year? how many backpages are out there? craigslist? angie's list?

thanks!

jadbitquickco
AMA
AMA

Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:02 pm

How can you guarantee no scam? Scammers are pretty creative, what are you doing to protect against them?
Taken from a very similar question on Reddit

We've received a few emails regarding this, some sellers asking how we protect against MITM attacks like the one described. BitQuick.co is a platform that allows people to buy bitcoin with cash instantly from listed sellers in escrow.
The matter of the fact is that we take on the responsibility of weeding out MITM attacks, and cover our sellers with our seller's guarantee Weeding out fraudsters involves various data analysis, and we can't reveal all of our tactics for obvious reasons. We've been fully aware of these scams even before we launched in August, 2013.
But that is the key difference of our platform. We have the ability to collect enough information to weed out scammers, and protect sellers. Other marketplaces put that responsibility on the seller. We allow Bitcoin sellers to focus on profits and providing liquidity instead of weeding out fraudsters.
For compliant sellers, we even have an API that streamlines everything for you. Contact us if you're interested!
orders@bitquick.co
Jad,

I am a seller on your site. Your site is better than others I have tried. Keep it up.

1. What percentage of your buyers use the quick buy button vs individual selecting each sell order?

2. Are you going to put a warning to the buyer to not try to do a online transfer?! This is really annoying because how is the seller suppose to know the buyer is not a scammer who will just call the bank to reverse the transfer?

3. Have you seen any occasions where the buyer tries to go back to the branch and tell the teller that he made a mistake and he wants his cash back??? I have read that some stories online that some tellers actually give them their cash back (which makes absolutely no sense to me) maybe it was just stupid tellers?

4. Any tips on how to really sell bitcoin consistently with bofa without dropping the buy limit or margin percentage? Sometimes my bitcoin just sits their for half a week it sucks to make a measly 1-2% margin on the sales.

5. Is there any way you can reduce the time allowed to make the deposit and upload the receipt from 3hrs to maybe 1.5 or 2 hours? 3hrs seems way to long and that causes sellers to lose potential other sales.

thanks
1. Nearly 3/4 of users utilize our quick buy feature. It really helps replicate that classic BitInstant experience.

2. We already have warnings before the order is placed, and in the confirmation email for buyers. Unfortunately it seems some people do not like to read the terms. In any case, you don't need to worry about a scam. BitQuick still protects you with the seller's guarantee. As long as you inform us via dispute that the transaction was a transfer, there's nothing to worry about.

3. I've seen it happen on other platforms before, but the matter of the fact is scammers are relatively simple to catch with proper data analytics. The scam you mentioned is particularly risky as well because the questioned individual has to put their identity out in the open by visiting the bank. The risks of committing a felony outweigh the benefit of a small monetary scam.

4. We recommend sellers advertise their sell order link to get additional exposure, but past that the only factors that affect liquidity are the limits and margin.

5. We believe that 3 hours is a fair compromise, as we already have several buyers also requesting the time be extended. Users are banned after 3 unpaid holds in any case.
following up on btcchamp's post and cross post from the reddit thread:

i always recommend you alongside libertyx.com, localbitcoins.com - how do you view your platform as differentiated from them? it seems like the consumer price for you is somewhere in the middle of the bunch.

and adding one more Q - how large do you think you can get in a year? how many backpages are out there? craigslist? angie's list?

thanks!
From Reddit:
Us and Libertyx feel very similar to the user, but function very differently of course. Libertyx directly sells Bitcoins to users leveraging their network of convenience stores. BitQuick connects buyers and sellers, and has buyers pay at a local bank branch.
In either case, you are going to a physical location, and depositing cash.
LocalBitcoins on the other hand is like the wild west. Browse through 100's of payment methods, and different offers, make sure the seller has a positive reputation, and then keep your fingers crossed you haven't stumbled upon a hacked LBC seller account.
Long story short, there is too much risk associated with LBC. There is no risk whatsoever with BitQuick.

How large can we get in a year? Well, our volume increased 14x this year to date. We're roughly 1/10 the current size of LBC right now, so even if the Bitcoin market doesn't increase by much, there is plenty of room for us to grow in the current ecosystem. As for Craigslist, Angie's list, etc., I'm not sure they will do much for Bitcoin's growth. Backpage had a particularly unique situation that forced them to use Bitcoin.

Is it possible to exchange Bitcoins in Iran?
Not with BitQuick at least.

megazoid

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:04 pm

I have found Bitquick to be frustrating and very disappointing to do business with, when a few small adjustment would make the whole process much smother sailing for all.

I have ask Chad the same questions many times but Chad refuses to answer my questions.

Why do you not state your policies for limiting Bitcoin purchases? This seems so simple and would avoid undue problems like I am having.

Why am I being limited to .250194 Bitcoin on my first buy?

After all I am paying in cash, it is not like I am trying to cheat anyone.

I tried 5 times to buy Bitcoin thru Bitquick and each time I was provided a seller whose checking account number was proved to be invalid by my Credit Union. Chad apologized but he did not provide me with another seller. I keep getting the same seller every time I placed a hold.

The seller with the invalid account is; Catherine M Delgado CPM Federal Credit Union, Account Number: 404241859195. This persons account needs to be blocked.
My hold was : Confirm your hold on order #41128926 at BitQuick.co. This is only one of my 5 attempts to buy Bitcoin thru your service.
My Credit Union is 30 miles round trip and I have nothing to show but a loss of gas money and a waste of my time and effort.

Another problem I have found is the ID verification protocol Bitquick uses. This protocol should be required before I send my funds to a stranger not after the seller has my funds. This is the most asinine protocol I have ever run into and is completely backwards. Please allow customers to setup verified accounts before purchases are made and verify ID's before holds are placed.

I just do not understand the lack of professionalism in not answering perspective customer questions about your business policies. I certainly cannot guess what your policies are and no one else can either. I suspect you people are a lot smarter then what you appear to be.

ronnelmerin1

Donate BTC of your choice to 33yyq6ECwrvSJgCcaNLP2P6Nkjghq6XhSk

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Sir do you have idea where can i find legit/legal and real bitcoin to cash exchanger and also bitcoin multiplier because i am the one of the victim and this is the links of the two scammers coin2.prv.pl/ and http://btc100x.win/Bitcoin.htm please reply asap because i need urgent help thank you :?

Sajid.roy
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:09 am

I would like to know there are any limit to buy and sell bitcoin with your company,sir?

Neoclassical
Banned
Banned

Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:51 pm

What is your course of action in case of the fork that happened? Did you credit your users with BCH?
We don't need no centralisation. ImageImageImage

CryptoToTrade
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:38 pm

Awesome idea. How did you get it

cryptorebel1965

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:21 pm

What are the implications to the mining industry with South Carolina USA's SEC making Genesys mining cease and desist from offering new contracts to its residents?

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”