Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
LGK

Re: I'm Gavin Andresen, Bitcoin geek. Ask me anything!

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:11 pm

Gavin,

Lately I have read articles claiming the use of alternative references such as blockchain rather than saying bitcoin depending on the audience's bias toward bitcoin. In your opinion do the banks and R3 have a viable product to transfer currency or will they come to the realization that bitcoin is the best use?

tey
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Q5H8v5cKpAeLpJsrgpJpepoT1tfRFUqpR

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:34 pm

Hello Gavin :)

My name is toufic alrjoula, Bitcoin fan and enthusiast since 2012.

In addition to being a Global Moderator, i am acquiring my MSc in Digital Currencies at the University of Nicosia online program.
During the course material, i stumbled upon one of your statements/comments on Richard Brown ( Head of Technology at R3CEV) blog.

I hereby attach it for your and the audience reference.

After almost two years , and in light of the recent discussions including the Bitcoin halving event and scaling up pitches ...

Where does Gavin Andresen stand today regarding his 2014 statement on Richard Brown's blog ?

On a scale of 1 to 10 ... How far are we from seeing "Bitcoin transactions cheap and accessible to everybody, not just people with million of dollars to move around."

Thank you !
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
innovation without permixxion

QuantumAGI
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:46 am

Hi Gavin,

The previous post asks " How far are we from seeing "Bitcoin transactions cheap and accessible to everybody, not just people with million of dollars to move around?" "

So that Bitcoin would continue supporting micro transactions into the future, and to provide a mechanism for increasing block size geared towards this objective, could average transaction fees be kept below some fixed limit by increasing the block size dynamically?

In other words I propose making the block size a function of the average transaction fees of the last N blocks. If the average transaction fees rise above X to Y then the block size is adjusted by Y / X or some fixed factor. The idea is that the increased block size would cause a reduction in transaction fees so that the average fee would dynamically be kept below X.

Miner fees reward will increase linearly with block size... and everyone will be happy... 8-) This is good because one of the main challenges in the block size debate seems to be how one increases the block size without impacting transaction fees negatively.

Thank you!

aleksandr.kormiltsyn

Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:03 am

Hi Gavin,

I am ALeksandr, bitcoin investor. I would like to ask are there anz plans for including Bitcon GOD to Bitcoin.com wallet that are listed in the bitcoin GOD forkäs page as supported ones?

Best regards,
Aleksandr

AndyCardenas

Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:07 am

Hello Gavin, my name is Andy. I want to start mining Bitcoin, but dont know where to start. Can you please point me on the right direction? I have a computer, internet access and S9, but I don't know anything in regards to programs and stuff like that. More over I see a cloud mining sale on bitcoin.com and I wonder if I have to pay in order to do some mining. I though that my only expense was going to be electricity once I have the mining equipment.

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:03 pm

What do you think of alts to bitcoin type of forks like Zclassic to Bprivate?
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

bignovice

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:02 am

Hello geek am novice.
I have send unconfirmed transactions on my wallet (bitcoinwallet.com) and I am stuck. should I forget about the coins or there is a way i can get it back?

BchFTW

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi Gavin

Is there anyway I can help the bitcoin cash movement?

Thanks

Charlie

glynnclarkson

Donate BTC of your choice to Bjtcoinaddressglynn1

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:25 am

Hi Gavin
Can you or anyone else on this forum. advise me if Wisetrader.com are legitimate, add appeared on a social media site?
Regards

naspivey@gmail.com

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 am

I had logged on to bitcoin for the first time in November 2017. I was given a 23 digital code required to log back in. My husband and I went to California for a month and just got back home. I tried logging into the account and could not get in. Then unfortunately my husband threw away the paper I had before I knew what he did. It had the User and Password on it. However, I wrote down the 23 digital code to log back in with. Is there any chance of retrieving my account. It is not responding to the email address I know I had.

Nancy Spivey
Hoping you can help

rdavies1990

Donate BTC of your choice to rdavies1990123456789

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:16 am

Hi, I was hoping someone could help with a question I have?

about a week ago I made a payment from my bitcoin wallet however I did not have the sufficient funds to pay the the recommended miners fee. I changed it to a custom fee, so I was able to pay the amount required. What I would like to know is does anyone know how long it takes for the payment to be processed?

I appreciate any help or feedback people may have! Thank you!

tofaera

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:04 pm

hello Gavin I did buy bitcoin back in 2014 and resewed it from bitbillions.com I have the long code and the password but don't know how to retrieve my bitcoins. can you help me???.

Trancid

Donate BTC of your choice to 1LVPyu2rsDgefJT3E5aJHxcsnta8m7hpb5

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:35 pm

Gavin, quick question for ya! I recently installed the Bitcoin.com Wallet on my Android device. I have taken note of the "Recovery phrase" is this all I need if I delete the app from my phone? I want to make sure, as I used to mine back in the early 2000's and deleted my "wallet.dat" (Back then I didnt think BitCoin had any merit...) I notice with the "App Wallet" there is no wallet.dat.... I just want to make sure I have a way to back up before I start depositing my BitCoin into it... Thanks for clearing this up for me! =)

Trancid

Marconi
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Great, love your project

H. Ryoga

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi I'm super new at this and have so many questions but right now only need the ones that are most important answered. I have a REALLY Hard time getting anykind of help on this matter of BTC so I hope this forum will do for me what so many have not. I already have a good understanding of how BTC and using it works and I have a VERY old wallet from a site I got off the deep web(I JUST HAVE THE MASTER KEY AND TRANSACTION CODE NOTHING ELSE)in 2015 and was wondering if I could still use that as my wallet or should I get a new one? If so whats a good self storage wallet you ppl would suggest? Then whats a good tutorial for me to learn how to use my currency? Basically to spend it? All this seems easy enough but trying to get information about this subject seems so annoying.

Quanman

Donate BTC of your choice to 12fMg5foFrC9ukMdnq2LQvmYJyEet45cbK

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:13 am

Hello Gavin,

I would like to ask you something. I have my ZClassic coins in my Electrum wallet. Do I need to do any configuration to my wallet in order to receive the free BTCP's after the fork on Feb 28? Please advise.

Thank you

CryptoBeans
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:12 pm

Great, love your project

Cryptozone
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:40 pm

Amazing work. Just keep it up.

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”