Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
Techemist
AMA
AMA

I'm Fran Strajnar, Co-Founder & CEO of BraveNewCoin. We just secured the world's first index on the blockchain - AMA!

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Hello everyone

I'm Fran Strajnar, Co-Founder & CEO of BraveNewCoin (BNC).

BNC is a data & research company working in the Bitcoin/Blockchain space.
We offer insights, analysis, reports, data/charts and a vast amount of market-data in custom API formats.

We have recently decided Price-Discovery is a public good and released some useful tools for FREE:
http://bravenewcoin.com/news/price-disc ... free-apis/

And last week we were the first to secure a market Index on the Blockchain:
http://bravenewcoin.com/news/provable-m ... lockchain/

Currently we are running an investment campaign on Bnktothefuture.com and we're nearly at our minimum:
https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/2281 ... ector.html

AMA!

Chris
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 16ByPxM5KqHUigBG1N3jm7cRVbFntH4yA9

Re: I'm Fran Strajnar, Co-Founder & CEO of BraveNewCoin. We just secured the world's first index on the blockchain - AMA

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:13 am

Hello Fran i see that campaig goes pretty well,what do you thing about bitcoin feature? What are the feauture plans of bnc ?
Image pgp
https://wallet.bitcoin.com [Choose your wallet]
https://buy.bitcoin.com [Buy bitcoin]

Techemist
AMA
AMA

Re: I'm Fran Strajnar, Co-Founder & CEO of BraveNewCoin. We just secured the world's first index on the blockchain - AMA

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:21 am

Hello Fran i see that campaig goes pretty well,what do you thing about bitcoin feature? What are the feauture plans of bnc ?
Hi Chris - Thanks for the question.

Yes campaign is doing ok. We're confident with a good result by the time it finishes Dec 15th.

I think Bitcoin is going to continue changing everything. The currency is going to be used more and more in countries with local currency issues and the price will continue to be volatile for years to come. The Technology is already morphing and forking into different verticals/use-cases and we are going to see several flavors of blockchain.
Ultimately open standards will win as networks demand inter-operability. I think we will see more trading volumes on existing exchanges and we will bitcoin added as a trading option on non-bitcoin exchanges.

BNC is at the linchpin of where market data meets blockchain technology. We will become a very important resource for the financial services sector with our data and enterprise products.

Skin_in_the_game
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:30 am

Hello Fran
I was re-reading Antifragile by iconoclast thinker Nassim Taleb recently. He writes
"Never ask anyone for their opinion [...] Just ask them what they have -or don't have- in their portfolio"
I have come to think it's a very relevant question and you can better weight people's opinions having an idea of how many Bitcoins they hold (or do not hold.) So Instead of asking their opinion on bitcoin, I'm now asking every participants the same question:

- Do you mind to tell us which percentage of your personal net worth and/or liquid assets you hold in Bitcoins ?

Takashi

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:09 am

Hi Fran Strajnar,
There are a rapidly growing number of companies offering market data about bitcoin. What are you doing to stay ahead of the competition while maintaining a monetization model?

Techemist
AMA
AMA

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:35 am

Hello Fran
I was re-reading Antifragile by iconoclast thinker Nassim Taleb recently. He writes
"Never ask anyone for their opinion [...] Just ask them what they have -or don't have- in their portfolio"
I have come to think it's a very relevant question and you can better weight people's opinions having an idea of how many Bitcoins they hold (or do not hold.) So Instead of asking their opinion on bitcoin, I'm now asking every participants the same question:

- Do you mind to tell us which percentage of your personal net worth and/or liquid assets you hold in Bitcoins ?
Hi - That's a great question!

The % was very low - then bitcoin exploded in price so it was very high. I sold at $800-$500 and entered back in at $200 but not a massive amount as BNC came first. I seeded the company for the first 18 months. Got to look after staff before anything else. Thanks

nyeko_12
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DBAq46iSNLTsq33dySBpYpaFqH3pTi9sk

Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:46 am

What are your opinions regarding the Blocksize-issue? are you for BIP100(increase of up to 17%)/BIP101(8 MB and up to GBs)/BIP103(2-4-8-32MB)?
Do you hold bitcoins yourself(in the trezor,web Wallet,mobile wallet or desktop wallet)?
What do you think of alt-coins such as Litecoin, Ethereum and Dogecoin?
What do you think about bitcoins future(block halvening,openbaazar etc)?

Techemist
AMA
AMA

Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:28 pm

What are your opinions regarding the Blocksize-issue? are you for BIP100(increase of up to 17%)/BIP101(8 MB and up to GBs)/BIP103(2-4-8-32MB)?
Do you hold bitcoins yourself(in the trezor,web Wallet,mobile wallet or desktop wallet)?
What do you think of alt-coins such as Litecoin, Ethereum and Dogecoin?
What do you think about bitcoins future(block halvening,openbaazar etc)?

Hi Nyeko - Thanks for the Question

The Scaling events/conferences are doing well and should result in some consensus.
My opinion on the matter is that scalability should have been factored for long ago - with a well scheduled project plan to increase blocksize as required being part of the original code.
But since Satoshi or early developers did not do this, the best thing that can happen now is that we create a robust 10 year plan for block-increase now. I don't mind how much it increases now as long as the process goes through extensive testing and is peer-reviewed before implementation.

I hold my bitcoins using AirBitz Zero-knowledge wallet.
Altcoins that don't 'do' anything will go away over time.
Ethereum is going to change the world alongside bitcoin.

Block-halving will cause the new 'floor' in bitcoin's price to be $500 minimum.
Open Baazar will be used for drugs irrespective of what anybody says. It will trigger a hilarious series of lawsuits and overarching actions by US law authorities but it won't be taken down due to it's decentralized nature. OB will create a very interesting new paradigm shift and chances are they will disrupt Amazon but not immediately.

Thanks!

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”