Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
21xhipster
AMA
AMA

I'm Dima Starodubcev, founder of cyber•Fund, serial crypto investor. AMA!

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:22 pm

Early bitcoin miner. Begin to invest in decentralized projects 2 year ago. Now holding a portfolio with more than 15 crypto. That is why 6 months ago I decided to develop a tool for such guys like me. Now we are going to raise 42 bitcoins to create decentralized investment platform from this tool.
Ask me anything!

Windowly
Junior Mod
Junior Mod

Donate BTC of your choice to qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyq

Re: I'm Dima Starodubcev, founder of cyber•Fund, serial crypto investor. AMA!

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:08 pm

What are some of the bitcoin spaces that you see as specially promising in the next year? What about in the next three years?
Signing Address: qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyqm4

21xhipster
AMA
AMA

Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:33 pm

What are some of the bitcoin spaces that you see as especially promising in the next year? What about in the next three years?
I am pretty confident with 7 things for the next 3 years:
- decentralized prediction markets (Augur, Truthcoin, Gnosis). Fresh air for bets, derivatives and almost everything
- market-pegged derivative contracts (BitShares like BitUSD, Maker). Value of fiat with crypto properties. Boom for payments and banks
- decentralized organizations (on blockchain self-governance aka Graphene, Dash, Boardroom). Autonomous software instead of white collars
- independent from devs ingame and VR economies and digital assets. That is going to be really huge
- decentralized storage is the thing. Next year we'll see that works or not. If works it will be 3x cheaper than Google Drive and Dropbox.
- smart-contracts enabled private chains as alternative for current soup of IT systems for any kind of organizations
- autonomous robotics. Slockit is the first bird. But a concept is powerful case for a zoo of embedded systems: https://www.hackster.io/platforms

Thus Ethereum, SAFE Network and BitShares as platforms are really excite me if Bitcoins sidechain clones (aka Rootstock) somehow won't beat them. Architecturally they have a lot of limitations so we'll see.

I don't give any opinions for 1 year time frame as my focus is long-term investments. Thanks for your question!

Skin_in_the_game
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:58 pm

Hello Dima

I was re-reading Antifragile by iconoclast thinker Nassim Taleb recently. He writes
"Never ask anyone for their opinion [...] Just ask them what they have -or don't have- in their portfolio"
I have come to think it's a very relevant question and you can better weight people's opinions having an idea of how many Bitcoins they hold (or do not hold.) So Instead of asking their opinion on bitcoin, I'm now asking every participants the same question:

- Do you mind to tell us which percentage of your net worth and/or liquid assets you hold in Bitcoins ?

21xhipster
AMA
AMA

Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:55 pm

Hello Dima

I was re-reading Antifragile by iconoclast thinker Nassim Taleb recently. He writes
"Never ask anyone for their opinion [...] Just ask them what they have -or don't have- in their portfolio"
I have come to think it's a very relevant question and you can better weight people's opinions having an idea of how many Bitcoins they hold (or do not hold.) So Instead of asking their opinion on bitcoin, I'm now asking every participants the same question:

- Do you mind to tell us which percentage of your net worth and/or liquid assets you hold in Bitcoins ?
I also like this quote :) That is why we build cyber•Fund.
It allow everybody to publish what they hold. Look:
https://cyber.fund/@satoshi_fund
https://cyber.fund/@satoshi_fund_14
https://cyber.fund/@21xhipster

I keep nothing in fiat

kingscrown
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:41 am

How do you choose currencies to invest into? How do you protect yourself from p&d ones or... how do you exit to make money.
Financial Underground KIngdom - Best Cryptocurrency Blog with Private Mailing List

GIVE ME A BEER 1HC58noBPD7fmyNZKP7qf7thjb6ZSVN7fK

21xhipster
AMA
AMA

Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:30 pm

How do you choose currencies to invest into? How do you protect yourself from p&d ones or... how do you exit to make money.
That is very tricky thing. In short:

1. Looking for technologies that allow to develop new things that was not possible before.

If you are interested in a topic I think the following reading could be useful:
- 6 questions we ask for in a dApp by Tom Ding
- Do your own research with cyber•Fund

Also we are in process of developing an evaluation system. Here are Paper Draft and Proof-of-Concept

2. We don't trade. Buy and hold.

3. We maximise portfolio against btc, not usd. So in fact we have not exited yet. But we keep in mind quite simple strategy. If 5x we sell 30%, if 10x we sell 20% etc.

The_Void
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:18 pm

Привет, Дима! Рад видеть здесь такие лица!

My question: How do you feel about post-USSR countries adopting and using Bitcoin? And specially, what future do you see for startups from russian-speaking space?

:geek:
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Windowly
Junior Mod
Junior Mod

Donate BTC of your choice to qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyq

Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:45 pm

How do you keep your bitcoin? In a Trezor, another kind of hardware wallet, a paper wallet or an air-gapped computer?

How much percentage of your bitcoin is kept by each method?
Signing Address: qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyqm4

bobbyfischer

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:26 pm

Mr. Starodubcev,

My name is Colin Doherty. I am currently programming a market maker and have been running into some problems with hanging websockets. I was wondering if you could help me out with this. I am trying to test a beta of the market maker on AWS ubuntu 16.04 instance. The code runs fine from my laptop, but when I run it on the image the websocket connections hang. I am trying to implement some exceptions to handle this, but am firstly trying to find good ways to benchmark my throughput and latency. I have been using the bench.sh script I found online and iperf. iperf has been giving me some trouble and the AWS team has been hard to work with. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Colin Doherty

algoStrategic
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:05 pm

What is the name of the decentralized investment platform you are working on?
Need More Customers And Increased Profits? Learn More About Internet Marketing - https://algostrategic.com/

We Accept Bitcoin and Altcoins

CryptoMedia
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:46 pm

Cool man. I wish you all the best. How you got the idea?

amit.ku

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:28 am

100% Bonus till 24th Feb 2018!!!! Wish to reap profits from Bitcoin Futures Trading. Invest in Bingo Token. Buy now http://www.bingotoken.io #BingoICO #BingoCoin #BingoCrypto #Blockchain #BitcoinFutures

CryptoCris
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:52 pm

Great, love your project

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”