First, I want to thank you for developing a great wallet. It is my primary hot wallet, and I recommend it to anyone I can. I also appreciate your desire to make Bitcoin more accessible to the "average" user, which means simplicity and ease-of-use.
Now a few questions:
1) What are the main features you are thinking about adding in the future to Breadwallet?
2) What do you think about the recent RBF addition to Bitcoin Core? Do you see Breadwallet supporting that feature in the future?
3) A silly question, but nonetheless: What is the best way to get support for Breadwallet? If "average" people are going to use it, they will need support, and I didn't see anything on your website. I actually had an error occur a while back (BW gave a message that the transaction didn't occur [BW hadn't synced yet] and told me to do it again, but after I did, both transactions went through), and I wasn't sure who to contact. It wasn't a big deal, so I ended up dropping it, but I know people who would not use a wallet that didn't have some type of support mechanism.
Also, a feature request: I would love to have some type of notes field associated with each transaction in Breadwallet. I was recently going through some old transactions and I couldn't remember on a few of them what they were for. It would be great if I could put in a field something like "For a Gyft card at Amazon". Just a thought.
Again, thanks for developing a great wallet!
1) The biggest issue for new users is writing down their recovery phrase. We plan to add an optional key escrow service to make this easier while still not allowing us any access to or even information about user's funds. We will also add bitcoin buying for the patchwork of legacy payment methods, using various exchange partners around the world, and also core wallet financial privacy enhancements.
2) I'm glad RBF is opt-in, so that 0-conf usability isn't reduced. We now detect it and mark RBF tx as "unverified" until they confirm. We will do our best to select fees correctly so our users don't need to use RBF for their own tx. We do however support CPFP today when spending unconfirmed inputs.
3) We offer support through email@example.com
, and will have it mentioned on the website and in the app soon. It's currently shown in the iPhone app store app info.
4) We will be adding transaction metadata for memos, digitally signed payment requests and receipts, and other non-blockchain data. We haven't done so yet because it wouldn't get restored when recovering from your recovery phrase.