Forum rules
The more people that are involved, the more interesting this AMA series will be for everyone.
Please help spread the word of this amazing AMA series on your own social media. (YES, EVEN YOURS!)
Short URL: AMA.Bitcoin.com
Hashtag: #BTCAMA
When the AMAs are finished, all the answers will be compiled into a free E-book!
Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

I am Rob McDermott, coin maker, Fighter, international man of mystery - Ask me anything.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:04 am

Hi, I'm Rob McDermott, creator of Cryptocracy physical bitcoins, and the upcoming brand: Dignitas Designs Physical Crypto Store.

Some of my passions include competitive fighting, running, coding, and heavy metal.

Feel free to ask me anything, I've lead a crazy ass life and should probably write a book about my misadventures some day.

Ready, set, go.

OgNasty
AMA
AMA

Donate BTC of your choice to 1NastyFRkeUTmMdbMmzggDVTQA6r3ibUoX

Re: I am Rob McDermott, coin maker, Fighter, international man of mystery - Ask me anything.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:37 am

Where was the first place you heard about Bitcoin?

minerjones
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1J2rsA5ziG3ieqL9Wna6CwxNZkAagKuJST

Re: I am Rob McDermott, coin maker, Fighter, international man of mystery - Ask me anything.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:02 pm

What is your professional record in the ring??

And which martial art are you involved in?? looks pretty exciting :D

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:57 pm

Where was the first place you heard about Bitcoin?
It was in a magazine article, I believe Rolling Stone. It was an article about Silk Road. I believe at the time, Bitcoin was $3.

However, I did not actually get fully involved in BTC until the day of the Mt Gox crash.

piebeyb
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1EsWXN3VcBb2rRenMBYd4V3WTfiZxaaiK3

Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:20 pm

I do not see any link sites do you recommend or physical image bitcoin that you write on this post
Image Tip me BCH : qzahl4e8mqy5se6sdnc6j24mv4vtdtlpv5jmnhsw3n

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:58 pm

I do not see any link sites do you recommend or physical image bitcoin that you write on this post
See below:

piebeyb
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1EsWXN3VcBb2rRenMBYd4V3WTfiZxaaiK3

Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:04 pm

See below:

okay looks pretty good, I think also need to see your website link, delighted to see the response you answer my question :)
Image Tip me BCH : qzahl4e8mqy5se6sdnc6j24mv4vtdtlpv5jmnhsw3n

minerjones
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1J2rsA5ziG3ieqL9Wna6CwxNZkAagKuJST

Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:05 pm

See below:

WOW!! What are those coins??

Are they available?

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:39 pm

See below:

WOW!! What are those coins??

Are they available?

Yep, cryptocracy series 2 DIY coins. I still have a few left. PM me if interested.

Lilypanama24
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13XWgUqTWCLyNiQD7EGGhB7KwT7SYcqpta

Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:53 am

See below:

What materials are used in those coins?
Editor of BitcoinMXN, Contact Mefor PR or Advertising Opportunities

English & Spanish Copywriting Services

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:10 am

See below:

What materials are used in those coins?
They are zinc alloy coins.

miffman
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 19GFXUea9mFGeTiWpGaQWFiazuH3koCnsZ

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:01 pm

What sort of coding do you do? And what is your favorite heavy metal band? :)

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:10 am

nice coins. looks heavy af.

What is your favorite MMA move/maneuver and why?
https://cryptosec.info/

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:03 am

I do mainly Muay Thai. so round kicks are really my favorite just for their power. It's about the equivalent of getting hit with a wood baseball bat and has the ability to break bones.

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:06 am

What sort of coding do you do? And what is your favorite heavy metal band? :)
I do PHP for the most part. I have dabbled elsewhere but PHP is what I know best by far.

In terms of bands, thats a really hard one. Nine Inch Nails is my favorite band but I don't think they really qualify as metal in my book. I love slayer, hatebreed, and fear factory the most when it comes to metal.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:20 am

I do mainly Muay Thai. so round kicks are really my favorite just for their power. It's about the equivalent of getting hit with a wood baseball bat and has the ability to break bones.
Nice.

I got another one.

What fighting style in your opinion is best to learn for self defense outside of the ring? Like to defend yourself in the streets when it's 5 of them against one of you, something like that. Besides running of course, like if youre surrounded or something.

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:30 am

Nice.

I got another one.

What fighting style in your opinion is best to learn for self defense outside of the ring? Like to defend yourself in the streets when it's 5 of them against one of you, something like that. Besides running of course, like if youre surrounded or something.
Well, that's a really hard question. I find that the art that works best is the art you know well enough to use effectively.

Certain styles are geared more toward the street though.

Krav Maga is good for the street. It's really just a combination of the most applicable techniques from boxing, judo, and kickboxing combined with weapon disarms. It was specifically designed to be learned quickly, and as such is taught to many armed forces across the world. It has drills and techniques designed to combat multiple attacker and attacker with weapon scenarios.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:17 pm

Nice.

I got another one.

Well, that's a really hard question. I find that the art that works best is the art you know well enough to use effectively.

Krav Maga is good for the street. It's really just a combination of the most applicable techniques from boxing, judo, and kickboxing combined with weapon disarms. It was specifically designed to be learned quickly, and as such is taught to many armed forces across the world. It has drills and techniques designed to combat multiple attacker and attacker with weapon scenarios.
thanks for the answer.

It's my first time to hear that fighting style "Krav Maga". Doesn't seem to be taught commonly on gyms.

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:24 am

Nice.

I got another one.

thanks for the answer.

It's my first time to hear that fighting style "Krav Maga". Doesn't seem to be taught commonly on gyms.
What part of the world are you from if you don't mind my asking? Every region has good styles for self defense.

Hhampuz
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1D32LQzjyjRKCFPfeUw9xDExE6YmLkdBfB

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:21 am

Why do you use bitcoin, and what is your goal or the future that you see for bitcoin?

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:20 pm

thanks for the answer.

What part of the world are you from if you don't mind my asking? Every region has good styles for self defense.
Philippines. I mostly see taekwondo and muaithai. But mostly taekwondo.

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:58 pm

thanks for the answer.

Ahhhh. You have the perfect street martial art right in your country. Kali. All of the masters live in the Philippines. One of my Kali and JKD instructors, Dan Inosanto is from the Phillipines.

miffman
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 19GFXUea9mFGeTiWpGaQWFiazuH3koCnsZ

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:00 pm

I see that you're releasing another physical crypto in the form of a bar. What made you decide to create a bar as opposed to a coin? I look forward to it nonetheless!

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:42 am

I see that you're releasing another physical crypto in the form of a bar. What made you decide to create a bar as opposed to a coin? I look forward to it nonetheless!

I tend to prefer bars when I order bullion for myself. So I figured, why not do something along those lines. I started designing along with a few friends and we came out with something we all liked.

PS, there might be an official announcement in the next few days.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:21 pm

Ahhhh. You have the perfect street martial art right in your country. Kali. All of the masters live in the Philippines. One of my Kali and JKD instructors, Dan Inosanto is from the Phillipines.
Nice. Perfect street martial art? What kind of martial art exactly? Probably not taekwondo thats for sure. Lol. I don't see it being useful on the streets.

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:48 am

Nice. Perfect street martial art? What kind of martial art exactly? Probably not taekwondo thats for sure. Lol. I don't see it being useful on the streets.

Kali, it's a weapons based art originated from the Phillipines.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:48 pm

Kali, it's a weapons based art originated from the Phillipines.
really? I've never heard of it ever. Is it good?

Rmcdermott927
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:00 am

Very good. The last time I trained with Dan Inosanto, he told us of a US navy seal who told him Kali was the most useful art he had ever learned.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Inosanto

rodkings

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:19 am

I am kings, looking for guys/girls who can work as a survey assistant and could earn as much as$100(bit-coin equivalent) daily.

Return to “AMA - Ask Me Anything”