bachino

Wallet and Transactions

Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:58 am

I will like to know if I have to create a new wallet for every new transaction or create a new address for that. What is the difference between a wallet and an address ? Is the personal wallet my main account to store my BCH or is it just like any other wallet which can be created deleted and recreated.

cryptoguiminer
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Wallet and Transactions

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:13 am

My bitcoin wallet doesn't actually hold my bitcoin. What it does is hold my bitcoin address, which keeps a record of all of my transactions, and therefore of my balance.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:43 am

I will like to know if I have to create a new wallet for every new transaction or create a new address for that. What is the difference between a wallet and an address ? Is the personal wallet my main account to store my BCH or is it just like any other wallet which can be created deleted and recreated.
If using the Bitcoin.com wallet then you will be able to send and receive BTC/BCH from the 1 wallet.
(Please note that you must have Bitcoin Core (BTC) and a Bitcoin Cash (BCH) sub wallets within the app to transact on both networks)

The wallet will create a new address every time you receive a new transaction, although you can continue to use old addresses to receive funds.

Please remember to always backup your wallets, the backup phrase is the only way to recover your funds should anything happen to your device.

If you have anymore questions feel free to email support: wallet@bitcoin.com
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

CarlosWhite

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:47 am

My bitcoin wallet doesn't actually hold my bitcoin. What it does is hold my bitcoin address, which keeps a record of all of my transactions, and therefore of my balance.

Return to “Wallets”