MarkRoberts
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

How to make a paper wallet

Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:11 am

Step by step process to make a paper wallet securely. What you'll need: New computer ($200 Chromebook works great), or a reformatted computer and 1 USB drive.

Step 1 Go to bitaddress.org on a normal computer. Right-click and save the complete webpage to your USB drive.

Step 2 Boot up the new computer that's never been connected to the internet and leave it unconnected. Plug in the USB drive and run the bitaddress.org website link. Move your mouse around and type in some random letters.

Step 3 Click "paper wallet" and check the box "BIP38 encrypt." Enter a LONG passphrase containing upper and lower case letters and numbers. Something like this is ideal: "MySisterHas2FavoriteColorsAndTheyAreRedAndBlack2015" Commit the passphrase to memory and write it down on a piece of paper as a fallback.

Step 4 Right click on the public/private key image from bitaddress and save it on your usb drive. Ideally, plug the USB drive directly into a printer, but it's ok to plug it into any computer and print out 3 copies of your wallet. Store the 3 copies in 3 separate locations. My choice: home safe, bank deposit box, and parent's house. Store the slip of paper in a separate location (e.g. my sister's house.)

Step 4a - go to Wallet Details in bitaddress.org (while offline) and enter your BIP38 encrypted key and passphrase. Verify that it decodes correctly.

Step 4b - go to blockchain.info (online) and enter your public key. There should be no transactions (an unused key).

Step 5 Reformat the new computer before connecting it to the internet to ensure that nothing from the process is ever accessible in case you get hacked.

Step 6 - now it's safe to move BTC to your new address.

Linux on a USB stick is more convenient than a throwaway computer, especially a Chromebook. Much easier to get a nice print of your paper wallet that way.

For more wallet styles, bitcoinpaperwallet.com is another offline program that can print BIP38 encrypted paper wallets.

drcrypto4435
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1H8GPtxqwgvLtutSksg3VEfZWr9zLVs3Y3

Re: How to make a paper wallet

Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:51 pm

If you too have lost the private key to your Bitcoin address, please write to me. The Priv3t software will allow you to find this private key 🔑.
Contact my YouTube channel : Dr CryPto
My telegram @Dr_Crypto0
#privatekeybtc
BinanceServer

drcrypto4435
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1H8GPtxqwgvLtutSksg3VEfZWr9zLVs3Y3

Re: How to make a paper wallet

Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:03 pm

If you too have lost the private key to your Bitcoin address o bitcoin fake transaction, please write to me. The Priv3t software will allow you to find this private key 🔑.
Contact my YouTube channel : Dr CryPto
My telegram @Dr_Crypto0
#privatekeybtc
BinanceServer

Return to “Wallets”