Leandro77

How to login in to Wallet with just address and private key

Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:58 pm

Hello everyone, i have a bitcoin address and a private key from some mining i did 7+ years ago. I have no idea how to access my wallet i just have the printout of the address and private key.
Where do i go to enter this information and find out how much i have inside my wallet?

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: How to login in to Wallet with just address and private key

Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:55 am

Hello everyone, i have a bitcoin address and a private key from some mining i did 7+ years ago. I have no idea how to access my wallet i just have the printout of the address and private key.
Where do i go to enter this information and find out how much i have inside my wallet?
Hey Leandro77,

First thing, NEVER share the private key with anyone (and beware of anyone who might try contacting you in private).

You can either import, or you can sweep, your private key into a new bitcoin wallet.

For example you can download and install any or all of the following software:

1. Bitcoin.com wallet app - https://wallet.bitcoin.com/

2. Electrum wallet app - https://electrum.org/

3. Exodus.io wallet app - https://www.exodus.com/

Leandro77

Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:08 am

IM not sure what you mean by sweep.
i guess i have to give it a shot. I dont have a 12 word recovery phrase. but i have a long ass private key. maybe i can try import with that private key as the 12 word recovery phrase? im not sure.

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:53 am

i guess i have to give it a shot. I dont have a 12 word recovery phrase. but i have a long ass private key. maybe i can try import with that private key as the 12 word recovery phrase? im not sure.
12 word seed (or mnemonic or recovery phrase) is not required. For example there's a sweep function within the Bitcoin.com wallet app.

Also I forgot to mention that if it's been seven (7) years then your private key will also have Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and several forks of BTC (e.g., Bitcoin Gold (BTG)).

The Bitcoin.com wallet supports both BCH and BTC. So do Exodus.io (they also support BTG).

Also Electron Cash (not be confused with Electrum) is a great BCH wallet. https://electroncash.org/

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:02 am

You can type in your private key here and sweep both Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Bitcoin (BTC) -

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:06 am

Also if your private key is an older format you may need to convert to WIF format.

If this is the case (you'll know if the wallet app doesn't recognize the private key) please post a reply and I'll post further instructions.

Someonelse

Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:27 pm

I have a similar question about BCH and BTG. I have a small BTC in my bitcoin.com wallet from mining and want to get my BCH and BTG . Will importing my seed to exodus’s wallet accomplish this .. I’m not really sure what to do

drcrypto4435
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1H8GPtxqwgvLtutSksg3VEfZWr9zLVs3Y3

Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:43 pm

If you too have lost the private key to your Bitcoin address, please write to me. The Priv3t software will allow you to find this private key 🔑.
Contact my YouTube channel : Dr CryPto
My telegram @Dr_Crypto0
#privatekeybtc
BinanceServer

Return to “Wallets”