vjs

Help with Bitcoin Wallet Chrome Extension

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:58 am

Hello All, I am hoping there is some way out of my situation. I am unable to send bitcoin using the Chrome extension. I now understand the extension is not supported anymore. I have lost my 12 word seed word to recover it. Is there a workaround to send from the Chrome extension or have I lost my money :cry: ?

Also would the private key be stored anywhere in my computer so that using the wallet address and private key, I can recover my bitcoin? Your answers are much appreciated

Thanks

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Re: Help with Bitcoin Wallet Chrome Extension

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:42 am

Hello All, I am hoping there is some way out of my situation. I am unable to send bitcoin using the Chrome extension. I now understand the extension is not supported anymore. I have lost my 12 word seed word to recover it. Is there a workaround to send from the Chrome extension or have I lost my money :cry: ?

Also would the private key be stored anywhere in my computer so that using the wallet address and private key, I can recover my bitcoin? Your answers are much appreciated

Thanks
Hi vjs,

I don't believe that seed words are applicable to the Bitcoin.com wallet chrome extension.

Is it that you've lost your sending password?

Please let us know exactly what the problem is that you're having with the chrome extension.

vjs

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:54 am

Thanks for the response. The issue I am facing is that when I click on the send button, nothing happens. The extension seems to be broken. I can see my wallet address and the balance, when I click on Send, Enter my coinbase wallet address and amount and click on Send, nothing happens, it just stays on the same screen.

Thanks

nandibear
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DYss8ztWEgcM93SJtnpfYVt6fp7cwmjBk

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:17 am

Thanks for the response. The issue I am facing is that when I click on the send button, nothing happens. The extension seems to be broken. I can see my wallet address and the balance, when I click on Send, Enter my coinbase wallet address and amount and click on Send, nothing happens, it just stays on the same screen.

Thanks
You're right. I just tried using my old chrome extension wallet and I too cannot send BTC.

Please contact support at wallet@bitcoin.com

Within your email please explain that you have BTC in your Bitcoin.com wallet chrome extension and that the send button no longer works. You may also reference this forum thread if you like.

Return to “Wallets”