Zachary

Best bitcoin wallet

Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:19 am

Been lurking on here for awhile now, figured I'd make a post.

Looking for the most stable and secure wallet.
I was using my bitfloor account to hold everything, but they just went down for good apparently. Got my money out so that was nice.

Thanks for the help guys.

kaibakker
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Re: Best bitcoin wallet

Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:55 pm

I like Copay,
- Easy to setup multisig storage
- Good interface
- Active development (Copay
- Available on almost every OS

Windowly
Junior Mod
Junior Mod

Donate BTC of your choice to qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyq

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:17 am

Blockchain.info with a good password is good. As is rushwallet.

If you have a lot probably the best is a hardware wallet or a paper wallet, though.
Signing Address: qrd9y7aas8ce7hla5mlcrcjjmhld3v84zghvylyqm4

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1DJcTrvdGsmKr7LdriVizkVmkcXWoG12nt

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:09 am

Mycelium would be my first pick for a mobile wallet, maybe Wallet32 for desktop but also works well on mobile.

Try pick a wallet that allows 2fa and remember to never store all you coins online, all you need is a few dollars worth on a online wallet and keep the rest in cold storage like a paper wallet or hardware wallet.

Let us know which one you end up picking and your thoughts on if it suites your.needs or not.,
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

Possum577
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 1Exx48BUTb57hPND67Mt5WwPXiTA9CjoEs

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:20 am

Here's a good source for filtering through your options based on what you want -> https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

CryptAxe
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:57 am

Multisig!
CryptAxe.com | bitcoinhivemind.com

helloworld
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:33 pm

Currently I'm using BitcoinXT on desktop and mycelium on android.

iFixBTCmemoryIssues
Gold Bitcoiner
Gold Bitcoiner

Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:58 pm

Blockchain.info with a good password is good. As is rushwallet.

If you have a lot probably the best is a hardware wallet or a paper wallet, though.
Blockchain is really good for beginners as it's easy to setup, access and you can D/L a paper copy of your wallet!

If you are running a version of Bitcoin Core, stop using it. Upgrade to Bitcoin Unlimited or Classic immediately.

Fix Your Unconfirmed Transaction.

Vote for the future of our Bitcoin network!

BitcoinXio
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:51 am

You can have your mobile wallet as your "hot wallet" for spending and your PC for saving. You can even have offline wallets called "cold wallets" (cold storage).

There are a bunch of wallets, here are some suggestions.

* Mobile: Breadwallet, Mycelium, Copay, Blockchain.info, or Airbitz
* PC: Electrum, Multibit, or Armory
* Hardware: Trezor, Ledger

More options:

* http://bitcoinx.io/wallets

rakesh889
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Flitpay or unocoin is best secure bitcoin wallet in india.

Fremont
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate BTC of your choice to 18tQ7D9RufgEZ9dSGLytm4Sgk8g2M5NzNZ

Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:08 pm

For Android you can try out the new Bitcoin.com wallet! :D

Google Play link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... in.mwallet

Denishayes89
Banned
Banned

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:42 am

i use OPENDIME
Acts like a read-only USB flash drive. Works with any computer, laptop, and phone.

A QR Picture and Text file inside contain Bitcoin address and support.

The private key is generated inside the device, and is never known to any human, not even you!

The Bitcoin world changes fast but Opendime is built on the fundamental Bitcoin features that have not changed in five years.

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:55 am

i use OPENDIME
Acts like a read-only USB flash drive. Works with any computer, laptop, and phone.

A QR Picture and Text file inside contain Bitcoin address and support.

The private key is generated inside the device, and is never known to any human, not even you!

The Bitcoin world changes fast but Opendime is built on the fundamental Bitcoin features that have not changed in five years.
I wouldn't want to use a bitcoin wallet that gave me no access to the private keys that secure my coins.
Please help Ross and his family during this hard time by donating to the https://freeross.org/ fund. Play at the best provably fair Bitcoin games site here: games.bitcoin.com Need a fantastic Bitcoin wallet Pick up some great Bitcoin.com swag here

chris.collins
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:14 am

I could recommend btcbank, pretty low comission and enough fast transac.

klaaas
Bronze Bitcoiner
Bronze Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:17 am

Storage in style, DIY physical bitcoin wallets.

MDavis69

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Im also using Blockchain.info, it's very easy to set up. I'd recommend it for bitcoin newbies :)
"Bitcoin is the future!" - Mark

olivia.nelson
Banned
Banned

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:06 pm

I thinking about by some bitcoins. What you recomend? I need walets!

bitkilo
Platinum Bitcoiner
Platinum Bitcoiner

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:27 pm

I thinking about by some bitcoins. What you recomend? I need walets!
Depends on what devise you want the wallet but i would normally recommend Mycelium for android although now that Bitcoin.com has just released our new wallet i have to recommend it.
The wallet is still in the testing stage but safe to use. I have been using it for almost 2 weeks now and it's very easy to use.

You can find the original thread here: alternative-clients/bitcoin-com-android ... 29129.html

denny.pac
Nickel Bitcoiner
Nickel Bitcoiner

Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:51 pm

TREZOR is the perfect solution for storing a large amount of Bitcoins in order to keep them out of harms way. The combination of world class security with the flexibility of any other web wallet make it ideal for beginners and experts alike. The company has been gaining a nice amount of traction and reviews throughout the last year.

Denishayes89
Banned
Banned

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:35 am

I could recommend btcbank, pretty low comission and enough fast transac.
How long have you been using it?

Denishayes89
Banned
Banned

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:38 am

I would better recommend you Hardware Wallets , they are safe , secure and hack proof. TREZOR and Ledger Wallet are the two best wallets currently available in the market. Go for it ! 1 BTC = 2000$ , you can spend 50–100$ for the safety of 2000$.

mjglqw
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Donate BTC of your choice to 13cj1xgP4bdK567NDgjyXLZEQLmZszSzEa

Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:31 am

I would better recommend you Hardware Wallets , they are safe , secure and hack proof. TREZOR and Ledger Wallet are the two best wallets currently available in the market. Go for it ! 1 BTC = 2000$ , you can spend 50–100$ for the safety of 2000$.
True. Some people just don't see the risks. Sometimes it's a disaster waiting to happen.
https://cryptosec.info/

ArtemShcherb

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:40 pm

We open new online bitcoin wallet - zumminer, all popular cryptocurrency, + cloud mining. Join!

jlp

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:23 pm

Which offline wallet is the safest?

Which wallet's source code has been audited?

I'm not a fan of hardware wallets because there is no assurance that a rogue employee cannot put in malware into the firmware.

I was using Electrum to store my BTC because its open source code was available for review for several years. Now I have BCH as well because of the fork. It's suggested that I move the BCH into Electron Cash. However, the instructions to run the source code for Mac is too complicated. Are there any step-by-step instructions on how to do this? Has Electron Cash's source code been reviewed and audited?

I assume that the wallet from Bitcoin.com is called CoPay? Is this audited? Are there any step-by-steps to run CoPay from the source code in Github?

Are there any offline wallets that are safer than Electron Cash, where the source code has been reviewed or audited and where there are step-by-step instructions to compile and run the source, or there are step-by-step instructions to confirm that the binary is from the source code shown?

I’m trying to use Electron Cash’s source code on a Mac, but I cannot follow the instructions in the README.rst or RELEASE-NOTES files.

I’ve downloaded "Electron-Cash-2.9.4.tar.gz”. What do I do next? Do I simply run the following commands in the Mac terminal and then run the dmg file to install the binary?

python setup-release.py py2app

hdiutil create -fs HFS+ -volname "Electron-Cash" -srcfolder dist/Electron-Cash.app dist/electron-cash-VERSION-macosx.dmg

I eventually want to create an offline wallet like I did with Electrum. Can I do the same with Electron?

PitterSuen

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:27 pm

I prefer the service apibtc.com, the wallet is really very good! If in brief, then there is no limit to the number of purses as on the blockchain, for example. And commission for the transaction can be to your taste, this can not but rejoice))

jlp

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Has anyone used Bitcoin Unlimited's wallet? Does it allow you to create an off-line wallet? Does it allow you to import private keys from Electrum?

bnm123

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:59 pm

Before choosing a wallet, I would consider the possibility of the IRS getting your information through a Summons on the exchange. This paper I found was helpful for choosing an exchange: https://scholarship.law.duke.edu/dltr/vol16/iss1/1/.

monicatyelle

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Ledger Wallet is one of the best bitcoin wallet. You can get it on IOS and Android too . Still you can explore this https://www.indabaa.com/best-bitcoin-wallets/ or get any of this hardware wallet to store your bitcoin https://www.indabaa.com/best-bitcoin-hardware-wallets/

OneChain
Silver Bitcoiner
Silver Bitcoiner

Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Trezor or Ledger, you need NOTHING MORE! Remember, ALWAYS USE WALLET THAT STORES YOUR PRIVATE KEYS!!!
Whichever chain wins,the world wins Image

Return to “Wallets”