Search found 17 matches

Go to advanced search

by Administrator
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:40 am
Forum: Bitcoin Discussion
Topic: The Bitcoin.com Forum is (NOT) closing on July 23rd 2020.
Replies: 25
Views: 42663

Re: The Bitcoin.com Forum is closing on July 23rd 2020.

We are pleased to announce that we will be keeping the Bitcoin.com forum active after careful consideration and feedback from our members. Thank you very much for your support and contributions to make the forum a helpful resource to those just starting their bitcoin journey and a place for open dis...
by Administrator
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:43 am
Topic: The Bitcoin.com Forum is (NOT) closing on July 23rd 2020.
Replies: 25
Views: 42663

The Bitcoin.com Forum is (NOT) closing on July 23rd 2020.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! The Bitcoin.com Forum is closing on July 23rd 2020. Thank you for using forum.bitcoin.com. Update; We are pleased to announce that we will be keeping the Bitcoin.com forum active after careful consideration and feedback from our members. Thank you very much for your support and con...
by Administrator
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:58 pm
Forum: The Forum
Topic: Recent downtime
Replies: 3
Views: 6423

Recent downtime

Hello, As you have noticed, the forum suffered from some unexpected downtime for the past few days. In the interest of full transparency, the reason for the downtime was a hardware failure on a legacy platform that we had to repair prior to being able to migrate the forum virtual machine that was st...
by Administrator
Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:38 pm
Forum: Wiki Discussions
Topic: Reverted Wiki theme to stock theme.
Replies: 1
Views: 7002

Reverted Wiki theme to stock theme.

Hi guys, Earlier today, I reverted the design of the wiki to the stock MediaWiki 'Vector' template. It's basic, simple and has very few bells'n'whistles in regards to design, but we are going to attempt to address this within a near future - but the focus for now is CONTENT. With the rollback to the...
by Administrator
Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:56 pm
Forum: The Suggestion Box
Topic: My Board Style enabled?
Replies: 2
Views: 2588

Re: My Board Style enabled?

Is it possible to have My Board Style enabled at the preferences, so I can choose from a few styles like eg. a dark one like https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/digi/ ? I need to investigate this a bit more in detail - many of the forum features are specifically integrated and customized to fi...
by Administrator
Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:09 am
Topic: The New Forum Design/Layout
Replies: 6
Views: 7008

Re: The New Forum Design/Layout

Yeah, I like it too. Just some feedback though would be to tighten up all the whitespace, there is a lot of extra space and some of the icons/colors mismatching but they are little things I guess. Icons should hopefully look a bit better now. What whitespace are you thinking about? Screenshot and d...
by Administrator
Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:06 am
Topic: The New Forum Design/Layout
Replies: 6
Views: 7008

Re: The New Forum Design/Layout

I'd like to add that we don't really need to see that x comment is a reply to x thread either, it creates clutter on the page. If that can be removed it'll tidy things up nicely. Just m opinion, mind, but y'know... Hi, Not quite following what you are referring to. Please make a screenshot. -- evil...
by Administrator
Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:57 am
Topic: Night mode?
Replies: 8
Views: 9290

Re: Night mode?

Heheh. This new template is a mess at the moment, but it works for me! The white blocks are gone at least. :)
In what way is it a mess? I know there are 4 icons missing that I'm going to get in place soon - but anything else?

-- evilroot.
by Administrator
Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:36 pm
Topic: Change Name
Views: 1889

Re: Change Name

Possible to change the name of the altcoin section to Alternative Cryptocurrencies? Sounds more professional to me and seems more appropriate going forward with cryptocurrency technology.
How about a compromise - Alternative Cryptocurrencies/Altcoins?

-- evilroot.
by Administrator
Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:10 am
Topic: Reddit-like front page for this forum
Replies: 3
Views: 7776

Re: Reddit-like front page for this forum

Because navigating this forum to find interested things is time consuming, Is it possible to have a front page of this forum similar to sub-reddit's? Which will list top: * 30 hot threads (threads with most views/replies per hour, day) * 30 new threads (new threads or threads with new replies) Very...
by Administrator
Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:12 am
Topic: [solved] No registration e-mail - GMAIL ONLY
Replies: 0
Views: 1595

[solved] No registration e-mail - GMAIL ONLY

Oups, Google decided to redo their "mail policy" for IPv6 a couple of years ago - something we missed completely. As IPv6 > IPv4, this caused some delivery headaches for mails hosted with Google/Gmail. To solve the problem quickly, we have now disabled IPv6 on the forum server (and removed DNS AAAA ...
by Administrator
Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:41 am
Topic: NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID ?
Replies: 7
Views: 10754

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID ?

If you are seeing this error in your browser, please provide as much information as you can. OS, browser, versions etc. It would also be helpful if you could provide screenshots from the SSL details in your browser to debug what is causing this. According to SSLlabs, we score A+ - and none of the br...
by Administrator
Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:51 am
Topic: NO Local languages?
Views: 2275

Re: NO Local languages?

Seems it's better to add more local languages for community members to take part in. Agree with this, i like that there's a new forum but we need more subsections. Feel free to suggest the sections in here and we can make it happen! The exact process on how this will be done is not yet decided upon...
by Administrator
Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:47 am
Topic: Alpha test bug/issue reports
Views: 9488

Re: Alpha test bug/issue reports

When I signed up on this forum, I clicked "link to reddit account" instead of providing it with a login and password. But I would like to also be able to provide a login and password in case I delete my reddit account or something. Can this be done? That's a really good question, note made to clari...
by Administrator
Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:42 pm
Topic: Alpha test bug/issue reports
Views: 9488

Alpha test bug/issue reports

Hi guys, Please let us know what oddities you might find around the forum. We will put a summary of the ones found in this post, and fix them as soon as possible. It's important to point out that everything on this forum is community focused. If you have suggestions on better wording on forum sectio...
by Administrator
Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:22 am
Topic: What sub-forums would you like to see?
Replies: 39
Views: 32662

What sub-forums would you like to see?

As we've stated before - we intend to keep this a community-governed forum that allows a wide variety of opinions and topics. To be able to do this, we rely on your feedback and ideas. If there are any forum sections that you feel is missing, descriptions of existing forums a bit too narrow or not s...
by Administrator
Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:52 pm
Forum: In the news
Topic: About In the news
Replies: 10
Views: 17551

About In the news

This forum section contains the latest bitcoin headlines, fetched from various sources on the internet.

Source of the article is always linked at the end of each post from News Robot.

Go to advanced search