Search found 22 matches

Go to advanced search

by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:57 pm
Forum: AMA - Ask Me Anything
Topic: I'm Andrew Lee, Co-founder & CEO of Purse, AMA!
Replies: 41
Views: 21435

Re: I'm Andrew Lee, Co-founder & CEO of Purse, AMA!

Any plans to allow the purchasing of used items from Amazon through Purse?
It's more likely that we'll roll out Merchants for used items before we enable used Amazon items through Name Your Discount.
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:55 pm

No offense but you didn't really address my questions in any substantive way. Your answer feels a bit like spin. Let me take another stab at the answer. 0 reputation users are challenging because our service needs to be usable for them to build up reputation without causing delays like you experien...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:31 pm

1) In the US, bitcoin is considered a property, so when you exchange Bitcoin for a good or service you need to do accounting for your taxes. Does Purse.io have any features that help with this accounting? (Last time I checked, it didn't) 2) Since the EU ruled that bitcoin can be used as cash and is...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:10 pm

Which digital currency (litecoin,dogecoin, peercoin etc) do you think will be the biggest competitor to bitcoin in 5 years Purse is coin agnostic, and we accept multiple coins through an integration with Shapeshift. Personally, I think Bitcoin has too much momentum behind it to be displaced as the ...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi Andrew,

just dropping by to say hi,
hope you guys are doing good.

You think you might resume services in Germany in the future, either purse or merchants?

thanks
(vnnkl :) )
Great to hear from you. We'll launch Merchants globally by the end of the year.
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:54 pm
Topic: I'm Charlie Lee, creator of Litecoin & Director of Engineering at Coinbase. Ask me anything!
Replies: 53
Views: 91414

Re: I'm Charlie Lee, creator of Litecoin & Director of Engineering at Coinbase. Ask me anything!

Hi Charlie,

Given you invented Litecoin, have you ever considered starting your own company? If so, can you share any ideas?

Thanks for doing the AMA!
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:38 pm

Andrew, thank you for the excellent service. It was a brilliant idea and I'm glad you followed through on it. I'm interested to hear and see the Merchants feature realized too. Sounds great. I have had some minor trouble with buyers taking my order, claiming they shipped it and then eventually bail...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Hi Andrew. Long time fan, built my whole PC via Purse, ~20% off. Purse gave me a reason to actually spend bitcoin when there weren't many options in the UK. Q1: With the new 'Merchants' service, what fees will Purse take? Are they competitive with Amazon/Ebay etc? Q2: I'd love the instant discount ...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Hey Andrew, Great work on this! Just one question: How helpful do you think your ability to offer discounted Amazon products to users will be for the success of your marketplace? Do you see this as a key tool in fighting against eBay's network effect? Also, for anyone else, I was able to ask Andrew...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:11 pm

I am a Purse user and i love it! I have ordered couple things through Purse and everything went fine until i have received the last item (Apple Magsafe W85 power adapter) and i have released the payment for the buyer. The item did not work, so i sent an email to Purse support to see how we can reso...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:08 pm

Re: Marketplace for other kinds of credit

Some time ago, I read of Purse exploring the possibility of earners using the likes of frequently flyer miles and other company cash alternatives - not just Amazon gift card balances. Any progress on that front? I still believe that app would be awesome, but we're taking more of a platform approach...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi Andrew. Big fan of Purse, I use it at least a couple times a month. Are you required to get a Bit-license to operate out of New York? (Since you hold bitcoin for customers) When is the mobile app coming? Thanks for using Purse! We don't operate in New York. We'll release mobile apps early next y...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:52 pm

One more question, is Purse doing anything for Bitcoin Black Friday?
Of course! Combined with the price surge, this is going to be a huge holiday season for Bitcoin.
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:50 pm

First off thanks, I'm typing this on a laptop I got a good deal on through Purse.io. I read the piece, Bitcoin commerce is broken, and I saw the mention of smart contracts. Are you able to do such contracts on the Bitcoin Blockchain? Great to hear you saved on your laptop! There's a lot of low hang...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Purse Merchants 1- Will this new service be available on Purse Instant or Name Your Discount, or both, or neither? 2- Won't this new service put you in direct competition (for listings/sales) with Amazon, and thus strain your relationship with them? Thanks for the question allgoodthings1! 1. Fo...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:25 pm

How many staff do you have working for the support team? also how long is the average wait time to get help from the support team? We currently have 2 people full-time on our support team, but all of us participate. We're averaging about 6hr response time excluding weekends. We are ramping up on al...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:18 pm

I'm a Purse user and I love it. 1. How is the ecosystem on Purse? What is the proportion between earners and shoppers? 2. What's the average discount rate? 3. How are you avoiding carders / fraudsters? 4. Cool for Purse Merchants, but are u not afraid of Openbazaar? Thanks for the kind words and us...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:00 pm

Hi Andrew! Just got an account to ask these! Thanks for doing this! 1. Is there any plan to do a CoinJoin for the coins you have in escrow in the future, to enhance anonymity? 2. Where do the majority of your gift card purchases originate from? 3. Are there any people in countries where the currenc...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:43 pm

What are the requirements to sell at your marketplace? How established do you have to be? Do you require proof of inventory? How long do you payments take to receive payment after a sale is completed in bitcoin? Do you accept competing products of two sellers or just allow one ? We're rolling out M...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:32 pm

1. What is Purse Merchants? 2. Why should people be excited about it? 3. Why are you excited about it? Hi Roger, Thanks for having me on the AMA and everything you do for Bitcoin and Purse! Merchants will enable anyone to sell goods and services on Purse, the largest consumer marketplace for Bitcoi...
by 2drewlee
Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:01 pm

I'm Andrew Lee, Co-founder & CEO of Purse, AMA!

I am a payments geek and a FinTech entrepreneur. When I first learned about Bitcoin in 2011, I thought it was interesting so I bought some and promptly forgot about it. My first company was a credit card processor that was acquired by Sage Payments. I joined Bank of America Merrill Lynch in 2012 to ...
by 2drewlee
Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:01 pm
Topic: I'm Marshall Long aka 挖矿王子 - Partner & CTO of FinalHash, LLC and a True Bitcoin OG
Replies: 47
Views: 19666

Re: I'm Marshall Long aka 挖矿王子 - Partner & CTO of FinalHash, LLC and a True Bitcoin OG

Texan programmer mining Bitcoin in China. Quite the unusual combination.

How did you end up in China?

Go to advanced search